• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So I have bought Metroid Other M and Brawl and both don't work on my Wii. Are they other games like this? I hear its the Wii lens so do I buy a new Wii?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
No, wait until early spring so you can buy the Wii U that way you can play both wii games and wii u games, just a recommendation

fhqwhgads

It's not coming out in early spring. When they say it'll come out after April 2011, that doesn't mean right then. It's painfully obvious that it'd be out for the holiday season, like EVERY CONSOLE GOES FOR.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It was announced to be in spring 2012 smart guy.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It was announced at E3 2011, I can't find the exact link and even if I could my computer wouldn't let me, but the information is there if you wish to see for yourself

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
No, I'm serious, I really can't get up here on my computer it doesn't work for it! I can try to see if it will bring up on my other computer in a minute. But you haven't even made an effort so there you go

Anyway, its up to you if you want to wait till the Wii U comes out, but if you're impatient like I am, you may want to take your Wii to a gamestop and see what they say about it, if not you may want to consider buying a used wii so you can get it at a better price.

Torpoleon

No, I'm serious, I really can't get up here on my computer it doesn't work for it! I can try to see if it will bring up on my other computer in a minute. But you haven't even made an effort so there you go

Anyway, its up to you if you want to wait till the Wii U comes out, but if you're impatient like I am, you may want to take your Wii to a gamestop and see what they say about it, if not you may want to consider buying a used wii so you can get it at a better price.
You're probably referring to this: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306923/wii-u-release-date-is-spring/summer-2012-sega/

I wouldn't say that means it is confirmed the Wii U is coming out in Spring- Summer 2012 though. Nintendo hasn't made an official announcement yet.

As for the OP, I'm assuming you just got the games? If so, I'd wait until next year and get the Wii U and play the games on that.

SurfMasta

Jack-of-all-Trades
Here you go, link is right here

It won't come out until next year, so don't get your hopes up...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I have bought Metroid Other M and Brawl and both don't work on my Wii. Are they other games like this? I hear its the Wii lens so do I buy a new Wii?

I'm surprised nobody in this thread has answered properly.

Well, dude, you have two options to fix the lens:

1) You can send your Wii to Nintendo to repair the lens.
2) I suspect your Wii's lens are dirty. Fortunately for you, Nintendo has released a lens clean up kit. You can only buy that online in their site though.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
Brawl and Other M both have a two-layered disc.
I heard that smoking can cause your Wii to not read these, but my Wii almost always can't read Brawl (it once took like 50 times for it to read it) and nobody here smokes.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
ah guess I'l buy the lens cleaner since I don't want to sent it to them.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Yes, some launch model Wiis have trouble reading dual-layered discs, of which both Brawl and Other M (among other games, such as Metroid Prime Trilogy; Skyward Sword will undoubtedly be one as well) are.

The disc cleaning method is the best known way to fix it, apart from sending in your Wii to Nintendo themselves.

I'm surprised nobody in this thread has answered properly.

serebiiforums.gif

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Umm, no, we can't, audio is the biggest use of space in every game. The better the quality, the more space it takes up, which is why I referenced orchestration(which takes up more than basic MIDI variants of the same music).

Status
Not open for further replies.