• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii Sports outsells Super Mario Bros.

Chris

Old Coot
Technically speaking, Red and Blue are the same game. Regardless of the differences in Pokemon. It's the same game.

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
I believe that Tetris for the GB is still leagues ahead of Wii Sports.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
As Dr Rabbit would say.
OH NO NO NO NO!

Tetris only sold 33 mil. Wii Sports has sold over 40 mil

Chris

Old Coot
Tetris was sold separately and with the Game Boy system, yet did not sell as much as Wii Sports did.

Kabuto

little punks!
As much as Nintendo's casual policy annoys the hell out of me, I don't like the alternatives. So I basically choose to live in my old school Virtual Console land. And yes, SMB is way better than Wii Sports, in every way possible. I only played Wii Sports once, the day I got my wii, since then I never touched it.

Last edited:

Gizmo Duck

Nuts how it sold so much yet in 10 years people will still be talking about SMB and Wii Sports....not so much I bet.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
As much as Nintendo's casual policy annoys the hell out of me, I don't like the alternatives. So I basically choose to live in my old school Virtual Console land. And yes, SMB is way better than Wii Sports, in every way possible. I only played Wii Sports once, the day I got my wii, since then I never touched it.

Same here pretty much. Lets me catch up with all the games I've missed before the 64.

Jink

DY-NO-MITE
So basically, this boils down to Wii sales against NES sales, which really boils down to the world's population.
More people now have a surplus of money that they are able to spend on luxuries such as video games, so it's really not that surprising.
The video game industry has really grown since then, and makes games appealing to all types of interests, especially with Nintendo going for the casual gamer, so of course Wii sales would be higher than the NES.

Although this isn't much as a victory, as Xytwo already stated, more sales for the Wii, then more sales for Wii Sports. But y'know, I'm just stating the obvious.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
It did? Wow thats a lot. Cant wait to see how much resort will outsell sports. I mean it does come with the motion+

PurpleMew

no promises
It did? Wow thats a lot. Cant wait to see how much resort will outsell sports. I mean it does come with the motion+

Well everyone that brought a Wii got a copy so its not anything special is it. It outsold Mario Bros because the Wii sold alot more than the game so that means that the amount of WiiSports brought. I doubt it will even if it does come with motion plus, the only way it will outsell WiiSports if they released a awsome game like Mario/Zelda that used the MotionPlus.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
More people now have a surplus of money that they are able to spend on luxuries such as video games, so it's really not that surprising.
The video game industry has really grown since then, and makes games appealing to all types of interests, especially with Nintendo going for the casual gamer, so of course Wii sales would be higher than the NES.

You have also got to remember that The NES came right after the Video Game crash of 1983-84. So people were much more wary about buying consoles.