• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii U Discussion

Aquanova

A thread for the discussion of the new Nintendo Console to be shown tomorrow at E3,currently called Project Cafe. So what does everyone think it will be like and what do you want from the console? What features do you want to see? I'll update with the official name when it is revealed.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I kinda hope to see that they have moved Pikmin 3 to this system if the graphics are so much outstanding as they said it would.I would be on this train of Pikmin 3 if the New Play Control series version of 2 gets confirmed soon.It would be nice to see this trend of a new game that Miyamoto makes like how Luigi`s Mansion for Gamecube and Twilight Princess for the Wii.Other than that,I would say that they would make a Mario Kart game and hopefully Animal Crossing that the characters look like how they do in the 3DS version.And that`s all I have to say for now.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
I think it is high time for Nintendo to launch a console that has a Blu Ray player, or perhaps a Blu Ray player accessory. I'd like to see core gaming titles with Nintendo that we haven't seen before. More FPS and more RPG titles. More Arcade and more fighting games. I think they are trying to venture into more hardcore gaming with this new console and if that is true than I will be more than stoked to partake in it. I hope they get more hardcore games like Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield and all that good stuff with this new console.

I can't wait to see the controller for this particular console and the name they've decided to give it. Should be awesome and I am looking forward to it......

Aegon

I'm hoping it's a HD console, with advanced graphics. The Wii's age is really showing now, so I think it's time for Nintendo to move on. I don't mind if it has motion-sensing functions like the Wii, but I do hope it has something that makes it unique.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
I have to agree, something that makes you stop in your tracks and go "so that's why they're still in business," and NOT "oh, its the Wii 2."

I want them to wow me in ways I've yet to be wowed. I hope they just blow it out of the water and hopefully show some of the games for this new console. I mean Nintendo has let a lot of good games just swim right on by. Think about it, Nintendo would've been even more popular if it had CoD: Modern Warfare franchise on it or maybe some Tom Clancy and other major sellers on the 360 and PS3. I think with this new system, they may come back to the top.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
I have to agree, something that makes you stop in your tracks and go "so that's why they're still in business," and NOT "oh, its the Wii 2."

I want them to wow me in ways I've yet to be wowed. I hope they just blow it out of the water and hopefully show some of the games for this new console. I think with this new system, they may come back to the top or at least join the ranks with 360 and PS3, cause right now the Wii is considered the teenage system, whereas 360 and PS3 are considered adult systems.

Last edited:

AzuNyan

Although Blu-ray capabilities would be nice it's not likely as Sony own a great deal of Blu-Ray's Intellectual property as well as a market share of 97% on blu-ray so don't get your hopes up guys.

BCVM22

Sony has no ownership of the Blu-ray format that would, in and of itself, prove the sole prohibitive factor in keeping the format off of Nintendo hardware. Nintendo would be paying royalties/fees to a number of other "neutral" parties equally besides Sony if they were to include functionality for Blu-ray.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Although Blu-ray capabilities would be nice it's not likely as Sony own a great deal of Blu-Ray's Intellectual property as well as a market share of 97% on blu-ray so don't get your hopes up guys.

I refuse to listen to anything a fan of K-ON says. Especially when you're wrong and you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
Now Now let us play nicely.. and wait for tomorrow

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I am so excited for Nintendo's conference. I really hope the Cafe is at least on par with the PS3 and 360. And I want a SSB trailer.

(Also: rumours coming from the invites are saying it's called the Connex, and Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will be shown at the conference.)

AzuNyan

I refuse to listen to anything a fan of K-ON says. Especially when you're wrong and you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Lol nice job attacking my choice in anime instead of making an intelligent retort.
Also do you even know what a Market Share is? I think not, A Market Share is the percentage or proportion of the total available market or market segment that is being serviced by a company. What that means is that Sony makes up 97% of the market for blu-ray players. Now with Sony also being a somewhere underneath MEI and alongside Pioneer and Philips with amounts of IP owned they do hold a considerable amount of influence with blu-ray, I don't knoiw about you but if it would conflict with the interests of a company that serves 97% of my targeted consumers I would heavily consider how much money they would make from a new investment like that. Now make a valid point and I will gladly address it.

@BCVM22 I'm not completely certain what control Sony has over who gets to do what with Blu-Ray but I do know that they own a considerable amount of the IP.

Last edited:

BCVM22

@BCVM22 I'm not completely certain what control Sony has over who gets to do what with Blu-Ray but I do know that they own a considerable amount of the IP.

And if that were a truly prohibitive factor in using the format, no one besides Sony would be using the format, and yet most all of the major manufacturers market their own Blu-ray players despite being in direct competition for the "market share" you were just going on about.

Regardless of what Sony might have done in developing the format, they do not control it appreciably and their hand in the factor would not in and of itself stop Nintendo from integrating functionality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

You can look at the names on these lists here. Not only is Sony only one of those companies, but elsewhere on the BoD and contributors lists are companies with whom Nintendo has worked previously, and in some cases still does partner for things like components and manufacturing.

AzuNyan

Like I said it's an educated guess anyone's guess is just as good as mine. But yes I understand that there are factors that could push it in Nintendo's favor as well and I'm not in anyway against it I enjoy Nintendo just as much as I do Sony...Also I appreciate you making a good contribution the the discussion.

BCVM22

I'm not against it or for it either nor do I have a prediction on the matter. My point was simply that Sony's work with the format is not in and of itself a prohibitive factor.

TicoPokemonMaster

Again this blue-ray belongs to sony is getting pretty annoying why not just keep it on the nintendo disscusion thread

Karmatic

Do-Bu-Ru!
This is how i dream the conference would go:
The crowd settles in, the lights dim. They wait for a good five or so minutes, wondering what's going on. They suddenly hear a mechanical noise, and see a platform rising from the ground with a man on it staring at a television playing a video game. For another five minutes, the crowd just watches him. The man finally realizes what's going on, and stands up. He turns around, and the man is revealed to be Miyamoto, with a shocked look on his face. He talks about how he was too busy having fun playing the cafe, and didn't notice them. They introduce the cafe by playing an upgraded version of skyward sword. The room blacks out, and different lights come back on. The room is revealed to be lit by a lampent fighting a haxorus, and miyamoto is yelling commands to what appears to be his lampent. Fireworks go off, he introduces Iwata. The crowd once again waits. and waits. All of the sudden , a giant platform rises from the ground. It appears to be a cage with a sheet over it. The sheet is ripped off, and Iwata, outfitted with a robot shaped like zororark covering his body, screams, "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA" Then proceedes to charge Tajiri, also in the cage but with a pikachu robot. The two have an epic battle, During which it is revealed that all of what has been seen are capabilities of the Cafe, 3DS and add-ons. The battles sends Iwata, Tajiri, and Miyamoto in to the Jumbo tron , thought to be dead. Three silhouetted figures rise from the dust. Money rains from the ceiling, Miyamoto, Iwata and Tajiri run from the ruin with newly acquired mohawks throwing 3DS's into the crowd, yelling the release date for the cafe inbetween F*ck Yeahs, and then a fireworks show so epic it would put kings island on the fourth of july to shame closes the show. 'Nuff said.

TicoPokemonMaster

Sorry to burst your bubble but Cafe like PSvita and last years 3DS will not show up until the near end of the press conference. It more like DS ( kirby title and price drop)
Wii(Skyward sword, games to hold off until cafe is released)
3DS ( most of the conference would be taken up by it)
Cafe( remainder of the conference will be about this)

What I am wonder is how long is the press conference going to be because G4 schedule says that its going to be from 11:30 to 3:00