• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii U gamepad won't work?!

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
I've had my Wii U only a couple months after launch, and I've had no problems until today. I was on the internet browser, watching youtube, when suddenly, it froze. I held the power button down to turn it off, but when I turned it back on, the game pad displayed an error message.
This is what it said:

"An error has occurred with the Wii U gamepad.
Please hold down the power button on the gamepad to turn it off, and then turn it on again."
Error code: 165-3000

When I do this, the same message pops up.
I've tried everything to fix this, removing the battery, resynching, nothing works! Do I have to send it in for repairs, or is this a simple fix?
Someone please help :( !

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I had a similar problem, but after just leaving it for a bit, then trying again a day or two later, it resolved itself. I might have been lucky though, so I would also wait for more peoples' opinions first!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Reading what comes up from a google search of this error Message. It sounds like a fault with the gamepad, but what exactly is not clear. It's most likely the Wireless Transmitter to connect to the console. Many of the owners had to get it sent off for repairs or replacement GamePad.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
If you screen goes black, then just send it back. A similar things happened to me, as the GamePad was struggling to connect to the Wii U at all, then bam, some inky stuff just flooded behind the screen. Needless to say, we then figured it was beyond repair, so we got a replacement!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'd say leave it for a few days or so, and if it still pops up, get it replaced.

I've heard this happen a couple times before.