• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wii won't read Wii discs?

sceptile33

I have a Wii which isn't able to read Wii games. When I insert the discs, either it will go to a black screen which lasts way too long, or it will give me the "unable to read disc" message. This happens for all my Wii games, so it has nothing to do with the disks being dual-layered. The curious thing is that it has no problems reading Gamecube disks, and I don't experience any problems when playing Gamecube games. The Wii is out of warranty, so sending it to Nintendo isn't an option. Is there anything I can do myself to fix this problem?

Myrrh

You can send it to Nintendo, you'll just have to pay for repairs.

Does your Wii make loud whirring sounds? I had a similar problem, except it affected all my games, though it was only very serious when using dual layerd or gamecube games.

Flame Mistress

I have that problem too, though it's not for all games; it's just for all save two of my games.

It's probably a problem with your Wii console. The only option you have there is to get it repaired, though you'll have to pay a heck of a lot for it. Or you can just wait till Autumn/Winter for the new Wii U.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Have you tried cleaning the Wii's lens?

Source(since this issue revolves around more than Brawl, despite the wording on-site, you can try it for all wii games)...