• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WikiLeaks

BigLutz

Banned
Oh noes, anything but knowing what the government does in my name *sticks fingers in ears and jumps up and down*.

That's pretty much you, BigLutz.

Yeah because obviously it is that pathetically simple, it's not like the documents have endangered thousands of lives, put a strain on diplomacy as a whole, or given the enemy a leg up. But please continue to act like a ignorant child.

well technicly he is free to do so because of the freedom of speech and I do have some respect for the guy for showing the truth, but it isn't the smartest thing to do it basicly kicking yourself in the balls. with that said I would like to say something to biglutz, you live in america right? isn't america supposed to be a great supporter of freedom of speech? why do you want to give a person the death penalty for doing the thing the USA stands for? that is something Iran, N korea would do and other places like that.

Freedom of Speech or Freedom of the Press does not cover the release of classified documents that could endanger thousands if not millions of lives.

Empoleon Bonaparte

Freedom of Speech or Freedom of the Press does not cover the release of classified documents that could endanger thousands if not millions of lives.

The whole 'millions of lives' thing is starting to become a bit stale. Al Qaeda or other organizations who wish to attack e.g. the United States could've crashed hundreds of planes into buildings by now, with or without WikiLeaks.

7 tyranitars

first of all, that was an amazingly quick reply :eek:

second, he is free to place them on the internet considering the freedom of press and a lot of those things where things people already knew about but was a so called public secret, then again I don't think it is very smart of him to place the documents on the internet

Yeah because obviously it is that pathetically simple, it's not like the documents have endangered thousands of lives, put a strain on diplomacy as a whole, or given the enemy a leg up. But please continue to act like a ignorant child

it won't affect a good stabel diplomacy a lot, if it does they should stop acting like children and don't care about what the next door 'kid' thinks about them

BigLutz

Banned
The whole 'millions of lives' thing is starting to become a bit stale. Al Qaeda or other organizations who wish to attack e.g. the United States could've crashed hundreds of planes into buildings by now, with or without WikiLeaks.

I am speaking about the release of a list of the most vulnerable terror targets across the world that our vital to our world. From one of the most valuable Insulin plants in Denmark needed for blood banks, to one of the top Anti Snake venom sites in Australia, to the pipe line that connects gas from Russia to all of Western Europe, to the place where the undersea cables that connect US internet traffic to Europe come to shore, and numerous other targets.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/14/20101206/tpl-uk-condemns-wikileaks-release-of-ter-81c5b50.html

7 tyranitars said:
1st of all, that was an amazingly quick reply

second, he is free to place them on the internet considering the freedom of press and a lot of those things where things people already knew about but was a so called public secret, then again I don't think it is very smart of him to place the documents on the internet

Actually no it isn't as I already showed the law that he would be found guilty of for attempting to disrupt US Military operations. Freedom of the Press does not cover classified documents, especially posting them in their entirity.

7 tyranitars said:
it won't affect a good stabel diplomacy a lot, if it does they should stop acting like children and don't care about what the next door 'kid' thinks about them

That is a rather ignorant view seeing how it has already been shown that our allies are already talking to us less. Diplomacy in and of itself is about secrecy, being able to talk with out being worried about having everything you say leaked onto the net. You want nations to talk with out having to feel guarded. Assange is trying to destroy that, and as such destroy diplomacy. As one Ex British Diplomat put it when questioning Assange.

Why should we not hold you personally responsible when next an international crisis goes unresolved because diplomats cannot function?

Last edited:

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
That list should never have been leaked, but people were calling for Assanges blood long before that particular document was made public.

Empoleon Bonaparte

I am speaking about the release of a list of the most vulnerable terror targets across the world that our vital to our world. From one of the most valuable Insulin plants in Denmark needed for blood banks, to one of the top Anti Snake venom sites in Australia, to the pipe line that connects gas from Russia to all of Western Europe, to the place where the undersea cables that connect US internet traffic to Europe come to shore, and numerous other targets.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/14/20101206/tpl-uk-condemns-wikileaks-release-of-ter-81c5b50.html

Ah, but those are all locations that could've been discovered with common sense, without WikiLeaks. And in the last two decades, have any of these locations been attacked with or without serious consequences? I think not.

BigLutz

Banned
That list should never have been leaked, but people were calling for Assanges blood long before that particular document was made public.

Because he was releasing the list of US informants in Afghanistan. In other words people who were bravely coming up to the US and telling us where al Qaeda and the Taliban were hiding because they were sick of the terror placed on their villages, had their names released. As such they as well as their families were suddenly targets of al Qaeda and the Taliban for execution.

Empoleon Bonaparte said:
Ah, but those are all locations that could've been discovered with common sense, without WikiLeaks. And in the last two decades, have any of these locations been attacked with or without serious consequences? I think not.

Are they? Did you know the exact location the internet cables came ashore? Or how valuable one insulin plant is to the entire world? Furthermore just because they have not been attacked does not mean they won't be now that every wannabe terrorist knows that one well placed strike can set off a chain reaction that can do far more damage.

7 tyranitars

Actually no it isn't as I already showed the law that he would be found guilty of for attempting to disrupt US Military operations. Freedom of the Press does not cover classified documents, especially posting them in their entirity.
my bad I didn't know that in that case he could get in problems but, if they want to capture him don't capture him under a big cloak of lie called sexual herassment, but just capture him for the real reason they want to capture him.

That is a rather ignorant view seeing how it has already been shown that our allies are already talking to us less. Diplomacy in and of itself is about secrecy, being able to talk with out being worried about having everything you say leaked onto the net. You want nations to talk with out having to feel guarded. Assange is trying to destroy that, and as such destroy diplomacy. As one Ex British Diplomat put it when questioning Assange.

Why should we not hold you personally responsible when next an international crisis goes unresolved because diplomats cannot function?

give it some time, a 60 year old aliance will not die easily because of something like this.

and btw just for you to know I do not approve off assanges actions

BigLutz

Banned
my bad I didn't know that in that case he could get in problems but, if they want to capture him don't capture him under a big cloak of lie called sexual herassment, but just capture him for the real reason they want to capture him.

Who ever said the Sexual Assault charges were a lie? Sweden has some very wacky Sexual Assault laws, but very few convictions. There is nothing suggesting that the U.S. was involved in it, in anyway.

give it some time, a 60 year old aliance will not die easily because of something like this.

and btw just for you to know I do not approve off assanges actions

I am not saying alliances will end, I am saying diplomacy as we know it will end, there is a difference. For example countries will be less likely to talk candidly and share information back and forth out of fear it will be leaked to the enemy. Some neutral countries will be less likely to go to the United States for secret help out of fear that it will be brought out into the open.

7 tyranitars

Who ever said the Sexual Assault charges were a lie? Sweden has some very wacky Sexual Assault laws, but very few convictions. There is nothing suggesting that the U.S. was involved in it, in anyway.

I''m not saying the us is involved I'm just saying that it is very strange it happens at this moment and it might be just sweden who wants to take him out, don't always put the U.S. in the center for some of us here it is irrelevant and besides there are more countries who would like him death

BigLutz

Banned
I''m not saying the us is involved I'm just saying that it is very strange it happens at this moment and it might be just sweden who wants to take him out, don't always put the U.S. in the center for some of us here it is irrelevant and besides there are more countries who would like him death

Yes but currently his target is the United States and they are the ones seeking him the most right now to try him on multiple crimes.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The way I've heard it, the sexual assault charges are likely a lie. It's just typical; whenever someone is out of the reach of the law and you need them to be, it is convenient to charge them with sexual assault. http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/41990.html

That said, everyone in the Constitution community is trying to get far away from WikiLeaks because they're afraid what regulations on the internet might be passed because of his actions.

Assange's actions were like a challenge over what should be considered free speech or not. It was foolish and premature to release war documents as a part of this challenge because everyone already knows that war can't be an open-source democratic effort. Now who knows what backlash we'll see on real freedom of speech. Hopefully nobody will confuse the two.

BigLutz

Banned
Wikileaks: Cuba says Michael Moore is so full of crap his film must be banned

Guardian said:
[T]he memo reveals that when the film was shown to a group of Cuban doctors, some became so “disturbed at the blatant misrepresentation of healthcare in Cuba that they left the room”.

Castro’s government apparently went on to ban the film because, the leaked cable claims, it “knows the film is a myth and does not want to risk a popular backlash by showing to Cubans facilities that are clearly not available to the vast majority of them.”…

The cable describes a visit made by the FSHP to the Hermanos Ameijeiras hospital in October 2007. Built in 1982, the newly renovated hospital was used in Michael Moore’s film as evidence of the high-quality of healthcare available to all Cubans.

But according to the FSHP, the only way a Cuban can get access to the hospital is through a bribe or contacts inside the hospital administration. “Cubans are reportedly very resentful that the best hospital in Havana is ‘off-limits’ to them,” the memo reveals.

Suddenly I am rethinking my opinion of Wikileaks!

LOL, that's hilarious!

BigLutz, for some reason, the link didn't work, but the point remains.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I really feel that wikileaks is having a good purpose,it shows people the real deal.. I mean did you guys see the video in which the US Army shoots Iraq Civilians mercilessly including kids and they were joking for god's sake! that is just absolutely inhuman!! I mean are those humans !? lol .... The US army are just STUPID monsters! I have seen a bunch of stuff in my life but this is just horrible .. ( I really wanted to say the 'F' word :( )

BigLutz

Banned
I really feel that wikileaks is having a good purpose,it shows people the real deal.. I mean did you guys see the video in which the US Army shoots Iraq Civilians mercilessly including kids and they were joking for god's sake! that is just absolutely inhuman!! I mean are those humans !? lol .... The US army are just STUPID monsters! I have seen a bunch of stuff in my life but this is just horrible .. ( I really wanted to say the 'F' word :( )

Yeah you forgot to mention the fact that they were not civilians, they were terrorists, they were carrying weapons including AK-47s and RPGs, and were in a warzone in which children have no job being there other than being human shields or potential suicide bombers.

By the way, how do you expect the soldiers to act? When you are at war you have to desensitize, if not you would go insane.

So yeah.. a screw up on basically all your facts, and a lack of basic understanding of how soldiers have to desensitize themselves when in a war zone. And you call the U.S. army stupid...

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
B!tch please. Freedom of the Press covers everything, not to mention that Wikileaks hasn't released any information that can harm anyone. if the government was able to imprison someone for releasing "Classified" information, then what would stop them from labeling anything "Classified Information" and severely limiting the press.
ever heard of ethical satire? it means that either everything is ok to make fun of, or nothing is. Journalism is the same way, either everything is ok to report, or nothing is.

BigLutz

Banned
B!tch please. Freedom of the Press covers everything,

And yet Assange could still be tried, convicted, sentence, and killed under the US Espionage Act.

not to mention that Wikileaks hasn't released any information that can harm anyone.

So the release of informants names in Afghanistan is not going to hurt anyone? The release of specific diplomatic cables that have helped us fight the war on terror will not hurt anyone? The release of a list of some of the most valuable terror targets in the world will not hurt anyone?

if the government was able to imprison someone for releasing "Classified" information, then what would stop them from labeling anything "Classified Information" and severely limiting the press.
ever heard of ethical satire? it means that either everything is ok to make fun of, or nothing is. Journalism is the same way, either everything is ok to report, or nothing is.

Except releasing Classified Information is not okay to report and in many cases against the law. Again I point to the US Espionage Act.

I think that Assange has no business getting punished because, HE DIDN'T LEAK THE MOFOING DOCUMENTS! He's not some expert hacker who can bypass firewalls on computers with the best protection imaginable. It was leaked, by someone on the inside.

Whether or not that right is another issue.

I think this whole thing needs to be looked at through a historical perspective. I mean theres stuff that we ABSOLUTELY must know, I mean the government is representing US, they don't get to go off and use drones to kill civilians (Not proven but WikiLeaks claims it has the video).

BigLutz

Banned
I think that Assange has no business getting punished because, HE DIDN'T LEAK THE MOFOING DOCUMENTS! He's not some expert hacker who can bypass firewalls on computers with the best protection imaginable. It was leaked, by someone on the inside.

Whether or not that right is another issue.

Except if he worked with the person to get them hacked that makes him part of a Conspiracy, which is what the U.S. is going after him right now for.

I think this whole thing needs to be looked at through a historical perspective. I mean theres stuff that we ABSOLUTELY must know, I mean the government is representing US, they don't get to go off and use drones to kill civilians (Not proven but WikiLeaks claims it has the video).

To use a analogy I used on another forum: Lets say you knew you had a Meth lab in the neighborhood. You decide to go to the police and work with them to try and bring down this drug lab. You expect the police to keep your identity secret because of retaliation from the drug dealers.

Now lets say there was a pretty good chance that if you did go to the police, that some one would leak your name out for the entire world to see, including the drug dealers, who could retaliate on you and your family. What is the chance you would go to the police then?

The police is part of the Government, we have a right to know, as the Government is representing us correct? Of course not, because there is a unspoken agreement between the Government and the People that there are some things that should not be released out of either national security or the endangering of people's lives. Wikileaks has endangered not only diplomacy in the world, but also put lives at risk.