• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Area Catching Contest (UNOFFICIAL)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just tried my own variation of the Bug Catching Contest in Pokémon Sword & I have to admit it was pretty fun, so I wanted to share it here in case anyone wanted to either try it themselves or do it with their friends. Here are the rules:
  • You have to go out into the Wild Area & catch as many pokémon as you can within one hour
  • You're only allowed to use three types of pokéballs: Quick Ball, Timer Ball, Repeat Ball.
  • You have to try & catch every pokémon you encounter during that hour, NO EXCEPTIONS!!´
    • You can hunt for a specific pokémon if you want, but have to catch whatever you encounter along the way
  • You can't change the time/date on your switch to adjust the weather & catch whatever pokémon you want
  • Max Raid battles aren't allowed (but you can include them if you want to make the contest more challenging)
  • You can travel anywhere in the Wild Area you want, & you can talk to the Watt Traders to get more pokéballs, but you're not allowed to leave the Wild Area.
  • Whoever has the most caught pokémon in their party or boxes within the hour wins.
  • Like the Bug Catching Contest, you're only allowed to keep one of the pokémon you've caught and you have to get rid of the rest either through releasing them, surprise trade, or storing them in Home (once it comes out).
  • The prize can be whatever you want if you're doing it with a friend.
While it seems like a waste of boxes & pokéballs, it's a little exciting trying to see how many pokémon you can catch once you get to the halfway mark. Plus, the results could lead me to try using a new pokémon I never considered before.

Hope this interests people & if this is the wrong thread to post this, please let me know.

Last edited: