• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Area Den Map?

RandomCase

Guildmaster of Rabid Raiders

splyons03

i have found an orbeetle in this den, but Im not sure if it is 92 yet. It is in the rolling fields, surrounded by a circle of grass. I cant get internet to work well enough for raids on my switch, and the NPC’s have been struggling, so I haven’t won yet to tell. Will update when I finally win one.

B1ade

Gigantamax doesnt work like that. You know going into the fight if its gigant or not based on the sprite. Let alone the G Max form

splyons03

Gigantamax doesnt work like that. You know going into the fight if its gigant or not based on the sprite. Let alone the G Max form

Im aware of that, but a regular orbeetle was possible to come from the same den as the g-max one, so I thought I could have found it.

V1ct0r_

So some thoughts and info I have picked up on. The only pokemon I have had run away in a den was a G-max Drednaw but that was when I had 2 badges. Since getting all 8 badges i have had no pokemon run away, even just throwing normal poke balls, this includes a G-max Sandaconda though i did use the master ball on G-max Butterfree because I was afraid of it running and that thing was a real pain to beat. Stars had to practically align for god sake. I have also been noticing that it tells you the weather in the lower left corner when you start a den which is weird because weather is always normal in the den until something triggers it to change, like any gym/online battle. I have also noticed that when you clear all current dens new ones spawn at random. So here is what I theorize is going on.

1. Dens are generated randomly and are connected to the weather. Weather does not determine which pokemon spawns but rather which dens could spawn where. Some dens possibly don't follow this and are exceptions given what people are claiming about den 38.
  2. If you try to catch a pokemon in a den that is of too high a level it will fail if you don't have enough badges but other wise it will always succeed. This is coming from the fact that several places online claim that the catch rate is 100% in dens, though I took it with a grain of salt because these places are not always the most accurate with the information they spread around, and the only failure I had was when I had only 2 badges. No failures since I got 8 badges but if someone with 8 badges has gotten a failure then this theory is debunked. Granted I went through about 20 last night and no failures so this is either true or the catch rate is really high even on simple pokeballs. I have stopped using ultraballs and what not in dens because of this.
  3. Dens respawn after a certain amount of time has passed or you beat all the ones currently spawned. Until one of those two things happen they are static. So you could in theory grind up enough wishstones to fill all the dens, one by one, until you find a mon from a den your looking for, beat that mon, use more stones until you confirm or deny its the den your looking for and then when you find your den farm it for the mon your looking for. If we can deduce the pattern they spawn with based on the weather then we can narrow down the search pattern dramatically. This is assuming each den spawns once and only once and god help us if that's not the case.

In any case finding the right den is going to take a lot of fishing around with wishstones. The good news is that grinding up those stones all but requires at least visiting the active dens for the 2k watts becuase even at 200 watts a piece its not worth it. This also means that Den farming is almost exclusively meant for Post Game and is the majority of the Post Game content. Just FYI the G-Max Butterfree I got came at level 70 so don't try to get that with less than 8 badges if I am right about that part. While a G-max Drednaw I eventually caught was mid 30s, I think, so you might be able to try for it at 3-4 gym badges. All in all i think we can safely conclude that people can stop trying to map the Den locations because they move around. Instead I think we need to refocus our efforts to identifying what dens can spawn under what weather.

(A bit off topic but Some Den fights are total BS! I have handled all Den fights solo so far to varying levels of frustration but a stupid Vanilluxe at 5 stars wasted an hour of my life last night until I gave up in frustration. Max Hail plus Blizzard and multiple 5 shields with weak armor and the ability to wipe away the debuffs while keeping the speed buffs is just so god damn stupid. And I though G-Max Butterfree was stupid with its mass status effects and sleep powder but dear god this thing wiped the cpu mons on round 1 on one of my attempts. 3 deaths right of the bat and my lvl 70 G-max Dredmaw just sitting there unphazed. At least until it got frozen next round. It also packs Sheer Cold just for the RNG screw potential. If you encounter this thing, just bring some random actual people and hope they know what they are doing or come back tomorrow when its gone because even with a level 100 mon I dont think anything other than the luckiest fight of your life could bring this thing down. I did get to one shot range with my mon ready to faint it, had it in the bag, until it got a lucky freeze on me and then killed the cpu the next turn to end the fight. My inner 3 year old wanted to have a temper tantrum after that one my adult side just wanted to cry in a corner. I am telling you all right now, FEAR THOSE STUPID SMILING FACES! FEAR THEM!!!!)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
After which gym do gigantimax pokemon start appearing?? I really haven't seen any so far and I'm at 3 badges.

B1ade

Most of that’s wrong. Dens are randomized by player ID (as I have discovered with 2 different shield copies). Catch rate is not 100% with badges, as I have done 3 butterfree raids with 8 badges and not caught a single one in ultra ball. Raids also do not move around due to weather as I have had weather change and the raid pool did not.

The only part of that I can confirm is the raids reset once the board has been cleared, allowing you to regrind watts for more raid crystals

TheCaptain

KingofKilts
So while on the hunt for den 58 or 79, and after clearing tons of raids, what I've discovered is that some dens seem to pool the same mons regardless of time or weather, and some change?

Also hidden ability Pokemon seem to be incredibly rare within the raids, at least in my experience.

And someone was looking for Mr. Mime/Mime Jr., I found that the den in the middle of the three rock ruins in the Stoney Wilderness has him. I think it may be 14 but I'm not sure. The weather is rainy when he appears, Shield version.

Until solid info is determined, it might be good to post what you found, the weather, and game version, to find any correlation. Just a though, anyway.

rivnen

While unconfirmed, this site seems to be accurate.
https://game8.jp/pokemon-sword-shield/
273717?fbclid=IwAR365HMR1iSga7LWbJCl7kpziOGdDjuMGYd32a1ntqGejuFDADSTJyofC5g

It splits the dens into 2 types, the normal red lazer, and the fancy purple one with clouds (rare dens).
The dens marked with a red light are the dens that have g-max's. g-max pokemon will only appear when the fancy purple cloud lazer is up, although it is still a low chance. A different set of pokemon appear for the normal red lazer. The ones currently listed on serebii appear to be just the purple cloud lazer pokemon.
This correlates with the pokemon we are seeing in axew's eye, and another posters comment about the locations of g-max lapras.

As for catching, and controlling which sites are active, I have failed to catch a few max-raid pokemon after getting 8 badges. It is NOT a 100% catch rate. Using wishing stars can only activate 1 site at a time, if you use a 2nd wishing star on another den the first one will go out.

Ranadiel

It splits the dens into 2 types, the normal red lazer, and the fancy purple one with clouds (rare dens).
The dens marked with a red light are the dens that have g-max's. g-max pokemon will only appear when the fancy purple cloud lazer is up, although it is still a low chance. A different set of pokemon appear for the normal red lazer. The ones currently listed on serebii appear to be just the purple cloud lazer pokemon.
This correlates with the pokemon we are seeing in axew's eye, and another posters comment about the locations of g-max lapras.

As for catching, and controlling which sites are active, I have failed to catch a few max-raid pokemon after getting 8 badges. It is NOT a 100% catch rate. Using wishing stars can only activate 1 site at a time, if you use a 2nd wishing star on another den the first one will go out.

So assuming this is true (and it looked consistent with the few Max Raid spawns I compared the lists to), my first question becomes, can you get the "purple cloud laser" using wishing stars? That might be common knowledge one way or another, but I haven't really used any yet as I was saving them for when we actually had maps.

Edit: Oh hey got a rare spawn on my second wishing piece, so yeah it is doable. Grinding all Gigantamaxes is still going to take forever though. X_X

Last edited:

B1ade

The chance is 5% of 3*-5* so its roughly 2% total. However with this site Ive found 3 gigantamax locations narrowed (assuming the pools in serebii are right). The topmost in giants seat is copperjaw. Hatterene the lower left in the dust bowl. And far left under the bridge section is alcremie. Yall are welcome

i think weather might change the number, i know i tried three times yesterday at what in the video is den 66 for ditto and never got one.. now that its hailing i got a ditto. (i used a crystal to activate it) might be a coincidence but worth looking into

Gloriana

I saw someone on discord say that it's possible to soft-reset a den to get a purple light by setting the text speed to slow. That allows you to quit the game before it saves in case the light is red.

What I would like to know is, do you have to "manually activate" certain dens? Because, so far, everytime I reset the dens, there are some which never light up until I throw a wishing piece inside.

Speaking of which, I also think it's overall better to get wishing pieces from the two diggers close to the day care. Usually they find at least 1 WP along with various items.