• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Area Den Map?

zferolie

I've battled with dozens of people online, and I've only seen one person with a Gigantamax form, and I'm pretty sure they used the Master Ball(Charizard). I've battled and won at least a dozen 4-5 star Gigantamax raids, pretty much playing it every waking moment from the day it was released, and I've yet to catch a 4-5 star G-form. Not only are they rare, but they're nearly impossible to catch without the Master Ball.

I got really lucky just now. Why trying to get hatenna a gigantimax dreadnaw appeared, and i caught it with a ultra ball. This is after 2 butterfrees ran right away

utlhmsus

I've battled with dozens of people online, and I've only seen one person with a Gigantamax form, and I'm pretty sure they used the Master Ball(Charizard). I've battled and won at least a dozen 4-5 star Gigantamax raids, pretty much playing it every waking moment from the day it was released, and I've yet to catch a 4-5 star G-form. Not only are they rare, but they're nearly impossible to catch without the Master Ball.

Can the Gigantamax Pokemon run before you catch them?

Ok but which G-Max have you battled in raids?

Sandaconda, Drednaw, Centiskorch, Alcremie, Butterfree and Corviknight.

Alcremie and Corviknight were requests I picked up, the rest were from my actual Dens. My point overall is that it takes HOURS to get any kind of chance at being part of the raids, let alone the impossible nature of catching them.

JorgeLM

Sandaconda, Drednaw, Centiskorch, Alcremie, Butterfree and Corviknight.

Alcremie and Corviknight were requests I picked up, the rest were from my actual Dens. My point overall is that it takes HOURS to get any kind of chance at being part of the raids, let alone the impossible nature of catching them.
Where did you find the centriskorch?

zferolie

Wow, that's awful. It sounds like it'll be easier to get a shiny.

I feel like it maybe how well you do in the raid effects it. I just had a g max sandacanda spawn for me and i got it caught... so i have no idea what exacly is effecting catch rates

Master ball on charizard. Ooof. We get a free charmander that Gigantamaxes from Lee’s room
Lmfao. Oh. I didn't even know we got that!

I was just saying Master ball because I've been so frustrated with the 4-5 star G-Max raids and not keeping one in a ball.

Just making sure, you got the sword version right?
I should also mention that, according to Serebii's listing, Centiskorch shouldn't even be there. Like others have been saying in this and other forums, it's believed Centiskorch is part of the event currently going on.

JorgeLM

I should also mention that, according to Serebii's listing, Centiskorch shouldn't even be there. Like others have been saying in this and other forums, it's believed Centiskorch is part of the event currently going on.
It is part of the event, but that rate up is for shield, we sword users have drednaw and sandaconda

Perfect! Then the den is there! Awesome! Also did you get it spawn naturally or with a wishing star? Sorry for bothering so much
Oh. Well, I don't know then. Lol. It's definitely a fire den, but it's not the right one according to Serebii. Best of luck getting one!

B1ade

Yeah it was said before and I’ll doubleconfirm. The event boosted raids will appear in ANY den. After going back it doesnt look like the den I had narrowed down to 84/something else with lucario instead of Duraludon changed since its still dropping the same common raids. Ive found butterfree in a weird one as well (fairy one). So raid dens dont move about (thank fukling god) but good dam luck finding a GMax raid outside of event since its a 5% 5* spawn from one den. So really its 5% of 1/3

Yeah it was said before and I’ll doubleconfirm. The event boosted raids will appear in ANY den. After going back it doesnt look like the den I had narrowed down to 84/something else with lucario instead of Duraludon changed since its still dropping the same common raids. Ive found butterfree in a weird one as well (fairy one). So raid dens dont move about (thank fukling god) but good dam luck finding a GMax raid outside of event since its a 5% 5* spawn from one den. So really its 5% of 1/3
That sounds about right. I never really believed the dens moved around. Could you imagine the struggle of having to, first, FIND your target den. Then, on top of that, trying to get the G-max form to spawn, THEN trying to catch it?

I believe they're going to have to do some updates on the rarity of spawns and the catch rates, because this is kind of annoying.