• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Area Discussion & Speculation Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Imagine running into a shiny you can't catch, gonna love hearing those stories :p
Oh that'll suck. It'll be very frustrating to say the least.

shadowF

Imagine running into a shiny you can't catch, gonna love hearing those stories :p

My heart is going to shatter if this ends up happening to me lol.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just rewatching the Treehouse segment.. Is it just me, or is the render distance incredibly, almost pathetically, small?
Oh yeah. I've noticed that too and honestly I'm not surprised. Even on Breath of the Wild, the render distance is kind of average.

blob

I hope it's not just 2 Pokémon/evo lines per grass area depending on the weather. That basically means there's 8 Pokémon in each grass area (Sunny, rainy, sandstorm and hail) and 8 in the water. There could be as few as 4 wild areas, so that's 64 total Pokémon. :/

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The games haven't come out yet and I can already tell that I am gonna love the Wild Areas!!!! :)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
My only complaint so far is how suddenly dynamic weather changes as you one-step ahead to the next place. From Rolling Fields to South Lake Miloch, it suddenly snows. Go back to Rolling Blades, it rains. Turn left, it starts snowing in Lake Axewell. The change is incredibly fast.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Interesting tidbit from the official site:

I'm guessing this means we won't be able to catch stuff of a certain level until we've met the requirements.

They kind of showed it off in the demo where that Machoke was level 26 while you are like 12.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WhiteBlair said:
My only complaint so far is how suddenly dynamic weather changes as you one-step ahead to the next place. From Rolling Fields to South Lake Miloch, it suddenly snows. Go back to Rolling Blades, it rains. Turn left, it starts snowing in Lake Axewell. The change is incredibly fast.

I don't particularly like that the weather in the Wild Area seems to be bipolar either, because to me it doesn't feel realistic for the climate to be so different from area to area.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't particularly like that the weather in the Wild Area seems to be bipolar either, because to me it doesn't feel realistic for the climate to be so different from area to area.

I for one get it because it's supposed to be like real life. Think of each of the wild zones like a city and how each city in a state can have multiple different weather effects going on at once.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It breaks the immersion a bit, yes. If they would've spared locations as in: West (Rainy), East (Snowy), South (Cloudy) and North (Sandstorm), it would've given us a larger area to explore in the same weather effect.

That being said, Ohmori says the weather can change at anytime so you better explore every day while promoting the feature, maybe we can see a sunny South Lake Miloch or Lake Axewell in-game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
At least the wild area is large enough so that something such as random weather rolling in out of the blue makes more sense. :p

I suppose that's true. The Wild Area reminds me of a Safari Zone to some extent due to its biodiversity, minus the whole time/step limit.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Since the Wild Area has all kinds of different weather (including thunderstorms, which is new to Pokemon), I would love to see the fog weather condition return. I’m thinking more “eerie” Pokémon would show up in the fog (ie Murkrow, Duskull, Corviknight, Chimecho, etc)
That's a very cool idea for weather, featuring a "haunting" and "mystical" variety of Pokemon.

I'm not super enthusiastic about the prospect of bringing back Gen IV's overworld fog - unless the Rotom Phone comes with a "Defog" option (like how it's the overworld "Surf" replacement), or they adjust fog's pervasive accuracy drop effect. It just turned every battle into an absolute slog.