• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Area Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bill the Typhlosion

My only complaint so far is how suddenly dynamic weather changes as you one-step ahead to the next place. From Rolling Fields to South Lake Miloch, it suddenly snows. Go back to Rolling Blades, it rains. Turn left, it starts snowing in Lake Axewell. The change is incredibly fast.

I've been to Scotland many times, and the weather up there really can change suddenly! I've known there be sun, rain, hail and snow all in the same afternoon before. While I doubt Game Freak had this in mind when designing the Wild Area, I find it amusing that they've inadvertently produced a really accurate depiction of Scottish weather.

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
I don't particularly like that the weather in the Wild Area seems to be bipolar either, because to me it doesn't feel realistic for the climate to be so different from area to area.
Uh, something like this actually happens here in South Africa, not to the degree of snow/rain but like in some parts of where I live it can be raining hard as heck and like walk a bit and its clear

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I've been to Scotland many times, and the weather up there really can change suddenly! I've known there be sun, rain, hail and snow all in the same afternoon before. While I doubt Game Freak had this in mind when designing the Wild Area, I find it amusing that they've inadvertently produced a really accurate depiction of Scottish weather.
That's completely normal here in Finland too. So it's not unrealistic at all.

Ultra Beast Lover

I've seen it happen in the US to. We'd be driving down a road in a straight line and suddenly there's a downpour, a few seconds later it's sunny, then rainy again a few seconds later. Also, we had gone to a game of I think baseball for I'm pretty sure a field trip and it'd rain when we went outside, be sunny when we were inside, then rain again once we went back out.

All this to say, weather is weird and changes at the drop of a hat.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's a very minor detail, but I like how the Wild Area has names for its subset areas.
It's probably even expected, but it's appreciated nonetheless.

I'm wondering how restricted Pokemon will be to certain areas...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's a very minor detail, but I like how the Wild Area has names for its subset areas.
It's probably even expected, but it's appreciated nonetheless.

I'm wondering how restricted Pokemon will be to certain areas...
That's a good question. We already know that we're unable to fight higher level guys. But it'll be interesting to see how weather and location come into play as well.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
With area, weather, and time of day all factors, it would make Serebii's Pokearth very interesting.
Wouldn't doubt it. It'll make for some interesting hunting.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm wondering just how many pokemon will be available in each grass patch and if they'll change even in the same region but different patch.

Do we have a number for the highest variety of pokemon in any one route from previous games??

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'm wondering just how many pokemon will be available in each grass patch and if they'll change even in the same region but different patch.

Do we have a number for the highest variety of pokemon in any one route from previous games??
That's a good question. It seems like it's rather similar to Let's Go so I'm betting it'll be similar in terms of spawning.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I still wonder why they never made a move that created fog

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Not sure if it's been brought up, but I'm curious if the weather system will be identical to Pokemon Go.

As in, will the weathers be the same, with the same boosted types, and same types of boosts?

I kinda feel like it's 'yes' for the most part, but in the desert area there was clearly a Sandstorm happening, so perhaps they'll add that as a weather and remove a weather-type in PoGo?

Like, I'm guessing we'll see this happen:

Sunny = Grass, Fire, Normal
Cloudy = Poison, Fairy, Fighting
Foggy = Ghost, Dark
Windy = Psychic, Dragon, Flying
Rainy = Water, Electric, Bug
Snowy = Ice, Steel
Sandstorm = Ground, Rock

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I still wonder why they never made a move that created fog
I think it's because it's not that far in development as apparently all it does is lower the accuracy of moves and weakens sun-based moves. Although if fog did happened, I can see some of the more spookier and mystical Pokemon, like Chimecho or Ninetails, be part of this. ACTUALLY! Better yet what if there are like secret events that happen in the Wild Area and you see the usual fog presence, maybe some spooky cursed Pokemon but you also see something else. Something that you've never seen in the Wild Area before. A haunted house in the fog. That would be so freaking cool! When you leave the house and when the fog disappears, so does the house.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just have to say, I know this isn't new or anything but I love seeing the pokemon walking around in the overworld. It makes the game feel so much more real. I'm so excited to just walk around the wild area and take in the views.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I just have to say, I know this isn't new or anything but I love seeing the pokemon walking around in the overworld. It makes the game feel so much more real. I'm so excited to just walk around the wild area and take in the views.

I have to agree with you on this. I wasn't sure how they were going to incorporate both random battles and Pokemon roaming about. I figured they wouldn't work well with one another, but I guess Gamefreak proved me wrong.

Not to mention that it makes the game more lively. Sure, you might have that instance where you see a flying Pokemon in the background in other games, but that's about it when it comes to Pokemon in the environment outside of wild encounters

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It was one of my favourite things of LGPE, having overworld Pokemon being visible. So I'm glad that's being brought back in. Now include following Pokemon for my party mons please!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I love it as well, it's my favorite thing that we've seen so far in the new games. Looking forward to doing the same and looking for new Pokémon and discoveries.