• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Encounter/Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.

manaphy72

because it gets annoying running into several of the same pokemon usually. and you dont get paid and you dont get as much EXP as the rest in battles

DerpFloon0089

shiny enthusiast
Usually I only fight them pre E4 so that I have a well rounded team. After that, there's no reason fight them for the little xp they have. (Although if I encounter an Audino, I'll let my weaker Pokémon get the experience)

Darigan

I usually fight them unless its something like geodude, tentacool or zubat. Almost every cave has Zubats/Golbats and it is seriously annoying when you can't run away, then they use mean look, then confuse ray and a level 40 Golbat can defeat level 100 pokes.

sceptile33

I fight all trainers, always. No exceptions.

However, wild battles annoy me greatly, especially when I have to go through a small path of water/cave/grass and it's not worth using repels.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
I've spent more money on repels then anything else in the game. Ive only run into the shiny timbur and watchog i have cause i accidently didnt have repels.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I used to skip trainers because they made me bored but now i dont

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I battle most of the random encounters throughout the game, but towards the end when you have moves with less PP, and the EXP just isn't worth the way back to the pokemon center, there is no point in staying and fighting.

Axel

Orange Champion
In the beginning of the game, I fight in every wild encounter. Usually, before the first gym, there aren't too many trainers, and I'm trying to start building my team. In addition, your moves have more PP, allowing you to grind a bit longer.

After the first gym, I use wild encounters to catch Pokemon. I start running away from battles and using repels because I want to get to the next trainer or the next city on my route. In addition, trainer Pokemon give more experience and are just as easy to beat as wild Pokemon. It's more efficient in a way to fight trainers. Not to mention the further you get in the game, the less PP your moves haves. The more battles you fight, the sooner you have to trek back to a healer or Pokemon Center.

In caves or water routes, I catch whatever Pokemon there are to catch and I rely on repels to get to the end. Caves and water routes are just annoying, because you can't avoid wild encounters without repels.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Pokemon are too annoying to deal with. Especially in Ranger where wild Pokemon chase after you.
That's why I run 75% of the time.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I always battle trainers, and I only skip wild encounters if I don't need to catch/train Pokemon.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
It's not really a good idea to go around battling wild patrats instead of going to nimbasa city and battle the trainers there to get exp.

Kalosian

So long
Battling every wild Pokemon you encounter would take too long time, and the exp. would start to slow off after a while too. I did battle every wild Pokemon I met the first time I played Blue though, as I did not know that it was possible to run from battles.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I like to gain exp. From wild encounters, but only in giant chasm, where the pokemon give more of it.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ or you can find a crobat in shaking grass,

in shaking grass you get a fully evolved poke, audino or emolga

the first crobat I found in shaking grass was level 50 had max atk Ivs and jolly natured, I ev trained him and took him to the subway

I battle wild pokemon for the EV''s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.