• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild in the Streets (485)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
According to Bulbapedia, this was the episode Ash gave an explanation for why he always leaves all of his old Pokemon behind each region link to the article here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_anime

Its good he was training for the gym rematch, but that's about it, I understand why he wants to use the new Pokemon he meets and catches each region but he doesn't need to neglect his old ones, if he wants to prove to the new Pokemon "that they can win if they try" then JUST use the new ones in gym battles, use the old Pokemon to help train and teach the new ones that way no one is neglected.

Sorry I had to get that off my shoulder, it was a little something that has been bugging me for years

Shayuin

Banned
According to Bulbapedia, this was the episode Ash gave an explanation for why he always leaves all of his old Pokemon behind each region link to the article here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_anime

Its good he was training for the gym rematch, but that's about it, I understand why he wants to use the new Pokemon he meets and catches each region but he doesn't need to neglect his old ones, if he wants to prove to the new Pokemon "that they can win if they try" then JUST use the new ones in gym battles, use the old Pokemon to help train and teach the new ones that way no one is neglected.

Sorry I had to get that off my shoulder, it was a little something that has been bugging me for years

But Ash using the old ones to train with would be a hassle since he'd have to rotate Pokemon constantly to give every one of his old Pokemon screen-time.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
But Ash using the old ones to train with would be a hassle since he'd have to rotate Pokemon constantly to give every one of his old Pokemon screen-time.

This, plus didn't he say at the start of Sinnoh that he wanted to get through the region with his new team, not by using his Oak's Pokemon?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm glad that Satoshi realized that he needed to train some more if he had any hope of defeating Hyouta at the Kurogane Gym. Hikari discovering the site of the next Contest was good for her, and I thought it was amusing that the Rocket-dan brought the fossil restoration machine to the middle of the woods and accidentally revived the Secret Amber into a Ptera.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I wish that Dawn caught that Aerodactyl. It would have been a great addition to her team and it would have been interesting to see her use it in her contests.

She could barely command Pachirisu, so I don't think she would've been ready to handle an Aerodactyl. It sucks how Roark took all the spotlight here though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I was glad that we saw Hyouta take an active role in confronting Ptera here, because he was the Kurogane Gym Leader. It also gave his Zugaidos the opportunity to evolve into Rampard, which was crucial for later.

Daizy

I call you honey
Loved how James kept reading his info cards when Team Rocket were getting attacked. Rampardos despite everyone else looks amazing in the cartoon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how often we'd seen a rampaging Ptera in the anime, I wish we had seen a much different berserk fossil Pokemon, like Yuradle or something else.

Scorbunnie

Aerodactyl going crazy was all Team Rocket's fault and it's episodes like this one that make me hate how they are still in the show causing chaos even by accident.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Aerodactyl going crazy was all Team Rocket's fault and it's episodes like this one that make me hate how they are still in the show causing chaos even by accident.

In a way it was a good thing that Ptera went on a rampage, though. Even though it was a dangerous Pokemon to have flying around, it ended up helping Hyouta evolve his ace Pokemon in preparation for the Gym rematch, and indirectly helped Hikari with her spinning appeal training.