• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild (insert pokemon of choice) was defeated! Now what?

Lucario Hero

Defying Gravity
They are probably knocked out and run off to recover when they come to. Maybe they'd finally learn not to approach the Trainers with the Level 100 beasts in tow.

Their body explodes to become red experience orbs.

woot21

super noob
Your pokemon clearly eats them and its digestive system turns them into xp
So what about the Pokemon you defeat in trainer battles, and then you might the person again, say like the Elite 4 and you then challenge them again. Do trainers besides you just have an unlimited supply of the Pokemon in their teams?

woot21 out dawgs

dannydstk

They explode into thousands of pixels and then are re-configured into poke-eggs.

Just Kidding :p

They probably just run off and hide in a hole till they recover.

In a certain part of XD when you defeat the "wild" pokemon (during a minigame or something) it says that the wild pokemon "grew tired and fled" when you defeat it.

WIN!

i smell digimon :p

nobartholem

thy become a pile of dead rotting corpses in the area you killed them in.

Because there is a spirit world in the Pokémon universe, according to Dusknoir's Pokédex description, I think that there also must be some sort of a spirit world/heaven/hell for Pokémon. I think that that's what happens to them. Anyway, to their souls, at least. What happens to their bodies........well, the post above me explains it pretty well, I think.

Psyches

well, even if they do die or some f***ed up sh*t like that, it obviously hasn't done anything at all to diminish the bidoof population

Aint that the cold, hard truth. I hate those effin little buggas

hoofandsnort

Rare Collecter
The pokemon passes out and you leave. Tiny nanobots inside of it alert the nearest HQ that it has fainted. Several Haunter are released who bring the fainted pokemon to HQ. It is dumped into a machine, who's workings will not be discussed here, and leveled up. It's memory is wiped by the Alakazam and his Abra apprentices. The Haunters return the pokemon back to the grass, where you promptly run into it again.

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
But how did the nanobots get inside of the Pokemon? And where is this "HQ" anyways?

Lew

If you think about all the trainer's constantly walking through the "tall grass" and defeating wild pokémon, as you walk around wouldnt you find lots and lots of slumped fainted bodies everywhere?

And what about when you accidently defeat a legendary? If it faints and lays there, why cant you wait next to it until it wakes up and catch it again/have another go at it? :(

Mudkip8003

Their body explodes to become red experience orbs.

Sonic Uneashed, am I right?

They pass out, and recover. They then live on as normal Pokemon. However, others could eat them while they are passed out, reasulting in them being, well, dead.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
They do what they do in XD/Pokewalker; they flee. That's all.

I like to think that sometimes running into the same Pokemon with the same LV and gender consecutively is the same Pokemon coming back for revenge.

hoofandsnort

Rare Collecter

octoboy

I Crush Everything
One boy I played pokemon with once suggested that once you defeat a pokemon in the wild, it dies, explaining why it can't be caught. Though the real logic of why a pokemon cannot be captured after it is defeated will never be known, because that is one of the video game's rules that the anime chooses to ignore completely (see pokemon-can't-evolve-during-a-battle).

In response to the first post, I would imagine the pokemon could simply recover from faint on its own, and return to the wild, albeit fairly damaged. Trained pokemon may remain knocked out until healed via either revive or pokemon centre as little more than a game mechanic, but to say that means a defeated wild pokemon will stay knocked out for good unless some sort of intervention is given makes little sense to me. That would make it pretty hard for any pokemon species to survive if they could be put in an indefinite state of unconcious which they needed assistance out of on a relatively regular basis.

In at least the anime, some K. O.s have been shown to last little more than a few seconds. Pikachu has at times been shown to have been defeated, then wake up to be congratulated by Ash for trying. Of course, the anime and the games have been shown to be two vastly different things, but if one must question something which is on the most part unexplained in the game, I believe in this case, that could be an acceptable explaination.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
I believe that Pokémon never die from battle injuries, but if they remain unconscious long enough, they go into comas. When they recover from the comas they have temporarily lost some of their powers, resulting in their levels going down. This is the origin of Falkner's Level 9 Pidgeotto, for example.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
...Seriously?

Someone even says that pokemon being fainted simply means they don't have enough energy to battle. They can still use HMs and such.

And, on the issue of Exp...

Exp stands for Experience points. It's the experience they get from winning a battle. Which is why they gain more EXP from a higher-level pokemon. It also explains EVs; If a pokemon battles a lot of fast pokemon, they'll learn to be faster to keep up with their opponent. If it battles a lot of resilient (HP) pokemon, it'll learn to outlast they're opponent. If they battle a lot of strong pokemon (Attack) they'll learn to hit harder than their opponent. And so on.

Last edited:

Matthew Platinum

I Live For This.
Well, I think of it like the anime. When a pokemon faints in battle Ash never rushes it to the Pokemon Center; he always puts it in the ball. Seems that they just go unconscious for a little while and regain consciousness.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
I agree with the whole "faint then wake up a few seconds l8er" theory, but i quote CliveKoopa asking 'y cant we catch fainted pokemon?' it makes no sense