• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild Mass Guessing

You know what? We need a crack thread. Just something fun to argue and debate over. Something other than whether or not Pokemon Special is getting an anime.

So post your crack theories here about whatever in the PokeSpe-verse. Defend or argue against whatever you see. Not being rude is a given, of course.

My crack theory? I'm starting to develop a theory that manga!N has Viridian powers, seeing how he can understand Pokemon. Not to mention in the games he may or may not have healing powers, seeing how he heals your Pokemon right before your final battle with him WITHOUT the standard healing jingle, and somehow, I can't imagine him using manufactured healing items. (Healing all your Pokemon with berries would be a b*tch). He probably has been in (or at least heard of) the other regions, seeing how he knows what a Pokedex is as well, so maybe he stopped by the Forest? Which is full of tortured Pokemon, leftover from the Rocket experiments? Of course, he wasn't born there which is a requirement for Viridian powers, since he's likely close to Yellow's age, but hey, Kusaka-sensei isn't above retcons, seeing how Blue's Snubbull got a sex change between the GSC arc and the FLRG one.

So what do you think? And what else do you think that is completely crazy (but possible) in the world of PokeSpe?

BoxedLunch

Blue's Snubbull got a sex-change? I didn't know that. XD In the games, though, Lucas/Dawn's starter changes genders at some point, I think. Maybe the Pokemon universe is full of transgender Pokemon? XD

About N: My friend and I have been discussing a theory about whether or not N may have had some connection with Lance. I know we're not the only ones, as I've seen others express this view on these Forums, too. Our theory isn't strictly that N is from Viridian (though that's a reasonable theory), but that N and Lance, at some point, conversed online about their ideals and how they think of Pokemon. Since N is implied to have lived a pretty sheltered life in his childhood, I can really picture N using the Internet in an attempt to make friends and encountering Lance on some kind of PETA-like Pokemon Website. From there, they both inspired and expanded each other's ideas, even though they eventually lost contact. I think that'd be pretty awesome.

...I just realized that our theory sounds dangerously like a slashfic. Rest assured that it isn't. XD We have similar ideas about Sird (JP: Saki, Coronis: Storc) being behind a lot of the villain's motives, too. Like, Sird convinced Giovanni to create Team Rocket by tempting him with greed and power, convinced the Mask of Ice to bring back his Lapras by time-travel-abuse, and convinced Agatha that humanity should be destroyed, who in turn went on to convince Lorelei and brainwash Bruno (and maybe even help to push Lance further over the edge). The idea of Sird being behind everything, causing chaos for a reason or purely for the lulz (XD), and being there right from the start, is an idea we really like.

Last edited:

Stryder

Pokedex Reject
That crazy witch (Its a replacement for a bad word) lady Sird/Storc or whatever is going to make another return. I seriously think she's going to be the nemesis of the dexholders.

She's been a key villain in several arcs - (R/S/E, FR/LG, D/P) and I assume she'll be back for Platinum or possibly Black and White, having a hand in assisting Team Plasma with their schemes.

As for complete crack for topic sake... N X Emerald (Oh wait that's 'Crackshipping' my bad. XD)

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
We have similar ideas about Sird (JP: Saki, Coronis: Storc) being behind a lot of the villain's motives, too. Like, Sird convinced Giovanni to create Team Rocket by tempting him with greed and power, convinced the Mask of Ice to bring back his Lapras by time-travel-abuse, and convinced Agatha that humanity should be destroyed, who in turn went on to convince Lorelei and brainwash Bruno (and maybe even help to push Lance further over the edge). The idea of Sird being behind everything, causing chaos for a reason or purely for the lulz (XD), and being there right from the start, is an idea we really like.
Wow, that all sounds....very plausible. XD And lol if Sird really did all of that just for the lulz. XDDDD

She's been a key villain in several arcs - (R/S/E, FR/LG, D/P) and I assume she'll be back for Platinum or possibly Black and White, having a hand in assisting Team Plasma with their schemes.
My guess is she'll return in Platinum -- since she came back in D/P and since she's a member of Team Galactic. As for a B/W reappearance...I'm not so sure. I have a feeling Sird might be resolved by the end of Platinum, but I could very well be wrong.

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Here.

Well, it has a bunch of theories that have been proven wrong, but there's some intriguing ones as well. Especially the one about Storc as the last person to awaken Jirachi before Emerald and wishing for immortality and magic powers. Yes, I know it's far-fetched, but this is wild mass guessing! Plus, how else could you explain her surviving after falling from an airship and her ability to brainwash people by poking their foreheads?

I love WMG. I'm glad we have a thread for this. XD

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Ooh, wild mass guessing? Count me in. =D

It's a stretch, but could be possible. Wasn't it stated that a person with Viridian powers is born once every ten years? Giovanni, Lance, and then Yellow obviously fit. The only way this would work is if there was a five or six year timeskip between the HGSS chapter and the BW chapter. According to my WIP timeline, Yellow would be 17 in HGSS, which means that a Viridian child would be around 7 years old.

There's a lot of good WMGs at TVTropes. I'll give my views on them a little later when time allows.

Was it "every 10 years" like clockwork or "every decade or so" meaning on average? If it was more of an average, then it could still work with N without a longer than usual timeskip. I can't remember. Although, maybe Viridian Forest isn't the only area with this quality. As long as the guesses are "out there" anyway, how old is N? Could he be the long-lost twin brother of Yellow? Nah, even I don't see that happening. But he could have been born in Viridian around the same time, then taken to Unova where he grew up. Ghetsis could have adopted him from there or even planned that he be born there (he and N's mother traveled to Kanto just so their kid could be born at the time to receive Viridian powers, then returned to Unova). I could actually see the latter happening because the games imply Ghetsis has been planning this for a long time.

Anyway, whether it's Storc (or whatever we're calling her now) or someone else, I'm pretty sure someone who wished on Jirachi for immortality is going to appear at some point. They made a point to bring that up as a probable wish when the Frontier Brains discussed it, didn't they? So they probably had something in mind.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Her name is Sird, guys...

And she'll definitely re-appear in Platinum with the other Galactic Commanders

Why? Because they never got a proper battle with our dex holders

Think about it, they were all seriously defeated by them and they need payback

I'd like to see a full proper battle

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wonder which one will fight Sird? The way I see it for revenge would be Platina vs Jupiter, Pearl vs Saturn, and Dia vs Mars. That leaves Sird and Pluto/Charon. They could do Palmer vs Sird but it won't mean as much if Sird is not beaten by Dexholders. Not to mention Sird has the Sinnoh Dexholder's Pokedexs so they should all triple team her, to make up for their lack of experience while fighting her especially if she has Darkrai. I wonder what Sird is going to do with those stolen Pokedexs?

The Kanto Dex Holders and Mewtwo better show up in the Platinum arc to kick Sird's *ss! Especially Yellow!

Hey, I just remembered, Mewtwo got his own signature move in Gen V. Now would be the perfect time to show it off!

lolipiece

Staff member
The Kanto Dex Holders and Mewtwo better show up in the Platinum arc to kick Sird's *ss! Especially Yellow!

Hey, I just remembered, Mewtwo got his own signature move in Gen V. Now would be the perfect time to show it off!

But he can't! Platinum is Gen IV, meaning he can't use new moves yet

But he can't! Platinum is Gen IV, meaning he can't use new moves yet

No biggy. Kusaka always makes references to the future gens (provided that they already came out yet by the time he's writing). Red uses Sweet Scent, a Gen II move, in the Yellow arc.

Besides, this is probably the only chance Psystrike is going to be featured in any medium. I doubt that Mewtwo's going to reappear in the anime.

...actually, Psystrike sounds like the perfect name for Mewtwo's spoon bashing moves. Mewtwo's psychic powers take a physical form (ie. the spoon) to deal physical damage.

...wait a second, I just realized this while typing...

...OH MY GOD. KUSAKA DID IT AGAIN. HE TOTALLY LOOKED INTO THE FUTURE AND PREDICTED MEWTWO'S EVENTUAL SIGNATURE MOVE.

(gurgles and spazzes).

lolipiece

Staff member
Kusaka must be a psychic. How else is it that everything Kusaka puts in his manga it will come out perfectly solved later. Blue is an perfect example Emerald green orb that appeared later in the games too. (Diferent shape thought but still.)

No she isn't

She was a planned character that appeared in several artworks

Jut convenience that the design was reused..

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I'm curious as to how (or even if) the Entralink could be incorporated into the manga. A return to the "voids of time" concept perhaps? I mean, it was used in G/S/C and Mirage Island was out of step with the normal flow of time in R/S, so I wouldn't be surprised if the concept came up again.

lolipiece

Staff member
Ok, I'll try something. *Ahem*

Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will help Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum in the Distortion World.

Why? Because while the whole "trying to stop Team Galactic from capturing them and then rescuing them after failing" plot was fine and dandy but in the end, the Lake Guardians never truly interacted with the Dex Holders. They helped in the games and in the anime, so why not here?

Plus, I REALLY would love to see what Kusaka would do with them.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Maybe Arceus appears at the end of the Platinum chapter to lead up to the HGSS chapter? So far all the arcs are connected except for BW and HGSS is only half connected so lets see what is going to happen in the future. I hope we see more of Darkrai, maybe we'll see it actually fight Mewtwo. Mewtwo's already fought Deoxys, next would be Darkrai right?