• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wild pokemon - look like sweating or crying...,

Batz

This is going to be a total newb question ....sorry, but can’t find the answer. I’ve seen the Pokémon with the shiny auras. I’ve also seen ones in the tall grass that will run around faster then the rest then will disappear. Looks like the are sweating (water drops) around them. What are these?!?!?!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
They're nervous. Noticed that with some Pokemon, such as Butterfree, for example, who do that, if you approach them too quickly.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Is that a new thing in Sw/Sh? I haven't played these games yet.

Batz

Does it have any effect on them once their caught? I haven’t noticed one, but I haven’t reached the point where I can unlock endgame stats and I haven’t really leveled enough of these guys up to see if anything happens when they evolve.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
This is going to be a total newb question ....sorry, but can’t find the answer. I’ve seen the Pokémon with the shiny auras. I’ve also seen ones in the tall grass that will run around faster then the rest then will disappear. Looks like the are sweating (water drops) around them. What are these?!?!?!
If a Pokemon has the shiny aura around it, it's called a "Brilliant Pokemon", which means they're a little bit stronger than other Pokemon in the area, they'll know at least one Egg Move, and if you defeat or catch them you'll get a few Watts (the currency in the Wild Area).

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
So it's kind of like the DexNav radar in OR/AS where you can find hidden Pokémon in the grass before battling them?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
So it's kind of like the DexNav radar in OR/AS where you can find hidden Pokémon in the grass before battling them?
No, the Brilliant Pokemon appear in the overworld, you can see them running around in the grass patches with their shining aura. The way wild encounters work in these games, some Pokemon will appear walking around in the overworld, and others will only appear as a little exclamation mark symbol before you run into them. It's either one or the other for some Pokemon, for example on Route 1, Wooloo and Nickit will only appear in the overworld, while Caterpie, Grubbin and Blipbug only appear as the exclamation marks or encountered at random as you go through the grass.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does it have any effect on them once their caught? I haven’t noticed one, but I haven’t reached the point where I can unlock endgame stats and I haven’t really leveled enough of these guys up to see if anything happens when they evolve.

No, it's species-dependent. For instance, Noibat will always generate sweatdrops and try to run away from you, whereas Liepard will always have the exclamation mark and try to battle you.