• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Alain be disqualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

For his role in the Destruction of Kalos?

I can see that happening.

Although disqualifying would remain stronger than Ash because Ash won and probably would reject the job because it would feel that no point going.
Anyway I think this thread they close all fromas.

ZettaSlowKing

Doubt it. Even if he was accused I'm sure someone like Sycamore or Diantha would be able to pardon him. And even if it did happen.
Would you really want Ash to win a League by default? Honestly, that'd feel just as grimy as the way they let Ash lose to Alain.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
As much as I don't want this to happen and think that this would be a mistake, this outcome is not out of the realm of possibility, even if/when Alain redeems himself against Lysandre and/or Team Flare.

Dijeirusan

It would make him a Pokemon Master, but leave that hunger to win on his own merits to make the next chapter more dramatic.

I can see the Alola trials being something only Pokemon Masters do, and Ash does it but has a stigma around him, because he didn't win on his own merits. He gets shunted by other Masters.

It makes sense to me that he does Alola to prove his worth as a Pokemon Master.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The only way for him to get disqualified is if he willing double crosses Ash and sticks with Lysander till the very end, and he's not dumb enough to do something like that.

Alain won. Nothing will change that.

Ronathin

I read that Ash said "Alan why are you..." In the new preview. Could be he's why Ash ends up getting captured

Dijeirusan

Alain definitely double crosses him, and Team Flare kidnaps Ash. I guess Serena and Bonnie's shots in the episode preview are trying to save him.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
The first Pokemon league won by a true jerk, and at the most crucial moment at that.

There you have it guys.

Janovy

Banned
Disqualified from what? The League is over and the title is his.

Dijeirusan

Disqualified from what? The League is over and the title is his.

That's not how competitive sports works in real life, so I assume the same happens in the Pokemon World. To use a real-world example in the Pokemon World, if Osama Bin Laden won the Kalos League, do you not think he would be disqualified and dethroned after 9/11?

Red and Blue

Ash winning the title through default? I'm sure that's how we all wanted him to become Champion :p

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Doubt it, even if he is that means it's just a cheap victory for Ash (unless they have a rematch).

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Doubt it, even if he is that means it's just a cheap victory for Ash (unless they have a rematch).

I think they will. There's an episode featuring Greninja after the Team Flare arc. Directly after the Flare arc. I think Ash wants to settle a few scores.

Red and Blue

Also I doubt Ash would accept the title even if Alain was disqualified. It wouldn't feel geniune compared to a true win

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
he could be relieved of the championship if he truly has gone over to the dark side with team flare, but that's all that could happen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The most they can do to him as far as "disqualification" goes is prevent him from going to the Champions league (and that's if he does side with Team Flare) but I really don't think he'd care.

Status
Not open for further replies.