• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Alain be disqualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I do not think Alain will take away the trophy, but I see an unlikely scenario where Alain to feel guilty for helping the Team Flare want to give up the title and give it to Ash, this also rejects preferring to earn it and decide among themselves a bout MCX X vs AshGreninja (XYZ 44 would be ideal for this) to decide it "fair" way. Ash wins and Alain recognizes him as the true champion of the League of Kalos but for cominte (or whoever is in charge of the League) and the general public is left as the champion Alain oficial. Neh, as almost would compensate what happened in the end, besides that I would like to see another battle between Charizard and Greninja best animated and emocinante, as if it was the Scepitle vs Greninja.

I too would also like to see Charizard vs Greninja duking it out again. This time, to decide it the "fair" way.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It is unlikely that Ash and Alain would battle against each other again. They had their third and likely final battle for the region. Alain won fairly and deserves it.

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
The theory about Alain going into a guilt trip after the Flare arc and possibly challenguing Ash to a rematch is not completely farfetched tho, Wasn't Lysandre the one who gave Alain the means to turn Charizard into a nearly unstoppable tank? how would you feel if you realized that you swept throu 7 gyms and a league with a power that was given to you by a complete psychopath? heck, even if I won fair and square I would still feel unworthy of my victories.

But oh well, there's a chance none of that will happen, after all its obvious that the writers are not very interested into character development.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This is worse then the "Malva lost on purpose to Alain" argument awhile back. You don't have to like Alain (I sure don't) but just accept the fact that he was the dream killer this region, like Harrison, Tobias, and all those other dream killers.

I was a supporter of that Malva theory cuz to me it seemed plausible since Malva was working with Lysandre and might've been told to hold back on Alain and take the loss. But in terms of Ash vs Alain, I don't see how the same logic can apply cuz Ash didn't hold back or lose on purpose. ^^;

Kululu34

Prog. Rock Lover
I do not think Alain will take away the trophy, but I see an unlikely scenario where Alain to feel guilty for helping the Team Flare want to give up the title and give it to Ash, this also rejects preferring to earn it and decide among themselves a bout MCX X vs AshGreninja (XYZ 44 would be ideal for this) to decide it "fair" way. Ash wins and Alain recognizes him as the true champion of the League of Kalos but for cominte (or whoever is in charge of the League) and the general public is left as the champion Alain oficial. Neh, as almost would compensate what happened in the end, besides that I would like to see another battle between Charizard and Greninja best animated and emocinante, as if it was the Scepitle vs Greninja.

I had a similar theory, but their 2nd battle is a official league battle, due to Diantha having a certain amount of control over the Kalos League and the battles themselves. They battle and Ash wins barely, and does accept the title and trophy. That way, Ash wins the league, Alain redeems himself a little, and Kalos is saved.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Why does everyone say "Alan won fair and square"? We do not even know that. For what it is worth the mega evolution energy could have totally boosted Charizard by an unfair amount. I would definitely see that as a better explanation than "let's bring in an invincible Charizard that only ever was owned by Groudon and Kyogre fighting".

dp045

Why does everyone say "Alan won fair and square"? We do not even know that. For what it is worth the mega evolution energy could have totally boosted Charizard by an unfair amount. I would definitely see that as a better explanation than "let's bring in an invincible Charizard that only ever was owned by Groudon and Kyogre fighting".

Because it is so much discontent and disappointment Ash then loses all the hype and publicity susitaba this fact to make the argument that Alain won traps can be interpreted as a desperate measure by the fandom to deny the result of the League . I really would like to believe this or that at least had a rematch for Ash "win" the League but I think not and I do not want if you want to see what happens with the Team Flare. By the writers this was a bad move and they cost expensive, for example in my country (Chile) there is a campaign not to buy pokemon Sun & Moon officially and that can only be achieved by Sky3ds or hack the 3DS, abit but it is not wrong in considering that TV Tokyo stock exchange under a bit value and down (although not dramatically but significant) reservations presale of S & M.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I think the only way that a re-match and giving Ash the trophy being appropriate would work, is only if that "mega energy" thing Alain always talks about actually somehow powered up Charizard, thus cheating, so then after it gets destroyed they have a rematch and Ash-Greninja wins?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I wouldn't count on that. There is no proof or indication that Mega Charizard X used other mega evolution energy. Alain won and that is all there is to it. Alain did not cheat. Ash was just not strong enough in my opinion.

Abzu

I hope that after Team Flare, Alain does feel like he did wrong and to redeem himself offers Ash a chance of a rematch for the title of champion, Ash wins this time with Greninja.

If not he would likely offer a simple battle and Ash becomes a moral winner...

Litleonid

He's not going to be disqualified, but honestly, I hope he does something to make up for his mistakes following Lysandre.

Ominous Wind

Why does everyone say "Alan won fair and square"? We do not even know that. For what it is worth the mega evolution energy could have totally boosted Charizard by an unfair amount.

What does that make Ash-Greninja then? Unless something is revealed, Alain won fair and square.

Cetra

Alain won and that is all there is to it. Alain did not cheat. Ash was just not strong enough in my opinion.

But that is exactly the point. It is just your opinion. We do not know and have yet to see what happens in the following episodes. Charizard was written to be way too unstoppable and that means a lot because Ash's Pokémon also always have this ridiculous endurance. And seeing how Charizard did not even look moderately damaged makes the entire finale completely worthless in my eyes. As if Ash getting through 5 Pokémon that were obviously good but trash compared to Charizard would mean anything. We already knew Ash was a good trainer. But not even showing a bit of Charizard being affected other than those short stumbling moments that apparently also did not mean anything - all that makes the entire night I stayed up such a great waste of time. And seeing how Alan still is going to play a role I do not doubt that there is at least a possibility of somerthing going on. It is not a must but it could be.

What does that make Ash-Greninja then? Unless something is revealed, Alain won fair and square.

I am talking about an unnatural boost. Which was very obvious when I wrote it. And that would by all means not be fair.

Litleonid

Also, I know its not likely that he cheated, but...What was up with Malva? She knew Greninja would lose when she said that very ominous line that Team Rocket was like "What does she mean by that?"

Cetra

Ash Greninja is also an unnatural boost that unlike Mega Evolution, hasn't really been explained.

I do not know if you do that on purpose but whatever. It should be really obvious that by "unnatural boost" I am talking about Charizard getting a boost from outside. A boost that does not come from his Mega Evolution or a bond with Ash (or in his case, Alan). A bond with a trainer is something natural.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
But that is exactly the point. It is just your opinion. We do not know and have yet to see what happens in the following episodes. Charizard was written to be way too unstoppable and that means a lot because Ash's Pokémon also always have this ridiculous endurance. And seeing how Charizard did not even look moderately damaged makes the entire finale completely worthless in my eyes. As if Ash getting through 5 Pokémon that were obviously good but trash compared to Charizard would mean anything. We already knew Ash was a good trainer. But not even showing a bit of Charizard being affected other than those short stumbling moments that apparently also did not mean anything - all that makes the entire night I stayed up such a great waste of time. And seeing how Alan still is going to play a role I do not doubt that there is at least a possibility of somerthing going on. It is not a must but it could be.

I am talking about an unnatural boost. Which was very obvious when I wrote it. And that would by all means not be fair.

There is no point trying to make it look like Alain cheated because he didn't. He won because it was in the script and because the writers want him to win.

Cetra

There is no point trying to make it look like Alain cheated because he didn't. He won because it was in the script and because the writers want him to win.

This forum has a serious problem reading what people actually write. I am not "trying" anything. I am mentioning possibilities. Unlike you who claims that something is true before we know it. And possibilities do exist. No one here said "Alan cheated".

Red and Blue

I've never seen such desperation and denial on this forum before. How much longer is it going to take for people to just accept that Ash lost?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This forum has a serious problem reading what people actually write. I am not "trying" anything. I am mentioning possibilities. Unlike you who claims that something is true before we know it. And possibilities do exist. No one here said "Alan cheated".

I did not claim something is true before others know it so stop putting words in my mouth. I fail to see Alain winning by other means. He won and we have to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.