• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Alain be disqualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, okay. Except you did claim it for 2 thread pages now. Even your line "I do not claim things as facts but Alan won fair" is so self-ironic.

Discussion over.

No it isn't. Alain winning fair is a legit fact. The episode clearly shows us that.

Azery

No it isn't. Alain winning fair is a legit fact. The episode clearly shows us that.

My dude, Alain winning is a fact. Him not winning legitimately however is a theory that while it has some basis is unconfirmed. The only thing that is confirmed is that he won. Nothing else.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys

I will explain it to you for exactly one last time.

You are making a factual claim. You are. About a thing, that you do not know.

The claim "Alan won legit" is a claim that cannot be proven or disproven as things are right now. Do you know why? Because at any point in the story there could always been a scene where either a legit or an unjustified winning of Alan is revealed. That is why your claim is totally baseless. And that is why it will not help you against the argument of other possibilities existing. You are using the line "but we have not seen anything bad last episode" as a proof. That is no proof whatsoever.

I will not continue to explain this to you again as you have clearly no intention of having a proper discussion with me.

Eh, I don't know. Alain willingly knowing that Charizard was somehow "unfairly" boosted and being okay with it does not sound like him at all.

Yeah, I mean - probably. Not saying it could not be that way.

Last edited:
If alain does get stripped of the championship (i highly doubt it cuz this universe is pratically the same as naruto where they pardon the bad guys)but lets say he does and they give it to ash by default i believe ash will challenge alain again(which right now its pointing towards a 4th battle) to see if he deserves being a champion

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I will explain it to you for exactly one last time, dude.

You are making a factual claim. You are. About a thing, that you do not know.

The claim "Alan won legit" is a claim that cannot be proven or disproven as things are right now. Do you know why? Because at any point in the story there could always been a scene where either a legit or an unjustified winning of Alan is revealed. That is why your claim is totally baseless. And that is why it will not help you against the argument of other possibilities existing. You are using the line "but we have no seen anything bad last episode" as a proof. That is no proof whatsoever.

I will not continue to explain this to you again as you have clearly no intention of having a proper discussion with me.

Yeah, I mean - probably. Not saying it could not be that way.

I have accepted Alain had won but it is clear some don't. Alain has no reason to cheat especially if he is being tricked. Lysandre wouldn't give Alain more power since he is the one that suppose to have the most power.

Litleonid

If I have to say anything, this thread isn't about fact or what the writers want. Its about a theory people want to discuss. This whole argument needs to be dropped so we can go on to discuss a fan theory.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I have accepted Alain had won but it is clear some don't.

Everyone "accepts" that Alan has won because that was what happened. And no one here even denied that. The discussion here was about why and how for which there is no official answer (yet). And it would have been way shorter would you just have said "I cannot see it being like this because of reason x" instead of just saying "it is not like that. fact. period." Sometimes you even said "I do not see" and then continued saying it is a fact.

Epicocity

I have accepted Alain had won but it is clear some don't. Alain has no reason to cheat especially if he is being tricked. Lysandre wouldn't give Alain more power since he is the one that suppose to have the most power.

Not to join any side of any debate here, but on the terms of Lysandre potentially augmenting Alain's Charizard via ME energy without Alain knowing, you can't deny he wouldn't do it. Just imagine how imposing he sounds if he said "The winner of your precious Kalos League is my lackey!" Well...crap, the number 1 regular trainer is trying to destroy the world....just got real. So, yeah, Lysandre would totally do it if it meant securing that possibility. Whether he did or didn't is an entirely different situation.

Ominous Wind

If alain does get stripped of the championship (i highly doubt it cuz this universe is pratically the same as naruto where they pardon the bad guys)but lets say he does and they give it to ash by default i believe ash will challenge alain again(which right now its pointing towards a 4th battle) to see if he deserves being a champion

That would be great, but here's another scenario:

It is revealed that the match was indeed rigged. Alain, feeling guilty, returns the trophy and demands for Ash to take it. Ash says that the only way he'll take that trophy is with a rematch. Alain refuses becuase of his guilt. Both are too stubborn. Diantha decides that there will be no winner for the Kalos League.

That or she gives the trophy to Sawyer. imagine the thermonuclear storm that would create.

Litleonid

Malva's ominous line sort of supports the theory of Team Flare rigging things for Alain, though I doubt it. I could believe Team Flare helping Alain by Mega Charizard X getting an unnatural boost, but I do doubt it.

nandermind

I think this battle rather a bit fishy
Why?

Have u noticed that alan's win doesnt make him happy after all?

Why ash is smilling even hes defeated while hes sad like hell ij prev tournament?

Theoritically both of them might already know that the battle has been rigged intentionally by random person

I guess diantha might also. But she doesnt want made this battle went chaos so she remain silent

So what next?

Probably they will find it out what happens and decided to rematch

Thats my thought

But might be not

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Even if Alain did cheat his way through the final (intentional or not), the league is a done deal. You don't just give up a title because it is revealed the match was rigged in a way that is uncontrollable by the user who has the advantage. The only way your title is stripped off is if you do something illegal, and as far as I know outside influence that you have no control over is not illegal from your part. This like saying in a hockey game, you shoot the puck which goes in, but is later revealed some idiot from the stand was shooting a laser gun at the goalie, blinding him. So is the goal called back? No! What if the game was decided on that goal? Who cares, have to move on.

So no, Alain is not getting disqualified. Because if he was, you can easily do it the other way around and put the advantage on Ash's side, claim to the league staff later Ash had an advantage the whole time, and the staff has to disqualify him. Which is why outside influence is not considered when deciding what the just call is. Which is also why security guards are everywhere in sporting events; to make sure idiots are not rigging the match.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Even if Alain did cheat his way through the final (intentional or not), the league is a done deal. You don't just give up a title because it is revealed the match was rigged in a way that is uncontrollable by the user who has the advantage. The only way your title is stripped off is if you do something illegal, and as far as I know outside influence that you have no control over is not illegal from your part. This like saying in a hockey game, you shoot the puck which goes in, but is later revealed some idiot from the stand was shooting a laser gun at the goalie, blinding him. So is the goal called back? No! What if the game was decided on that goal? Who cares, have to move on.

So no, Alain is not getting disqualified. Because if he was, you can easily do it the other way around and put the advantage on Ash's side, claim to the league staff later Ash had an advantage the whole time, and the staff has to disqualify him. Which is why outside influence is not considered when deciding what the just call is. Which is also why security guards are everywhere in sporting events; to make sure idiots are not rigging the match.

But is there better league security than Officer Jenny that was ACTUALLY there? Because I didn't see them or a Jenny.

But yeah, the salt is high with the OP.

kickachu

Momentai!
Quick question even though alain won fair and square some of you guys say the match was rigged but how anyway and when Malva said greninja would lose it might have been a lucky guess

Azery

I don't see Alain getting disqualified, the league is over and he most likely didn't even know if the match was actually rigged(Which is unknown). I CAN however, see another battle between Ash and Alain at the end or during the Flare Arc. This will probably be what everything was building up to, though it WOULD'VE BEEN better if the battle was interrupted during the league and was finished here and not have Ash lose for some reason despite the buildup.

Last edited:

fidjnr

It probably would have been. If anything was foreshadowed though, Malva foreshadowed Greninja's disappointing loss...Though its very suspicious because of Jessie, James, and Meowth's reaction. They were like "What does she mean by that?"

I thinking the TRio are needing Looker's assistance

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Quick question even though alain won fair and square some of you guys say the match was rigged but how anyway and when Malva said greninja would lose it might have been a lucky guess

It wasn't a guess. Malva was just saying a quote to hype the battle up. It's like saying "Team B needs to score a run this inning, or else Team A takes home the victory!". The person saying it is obviously not foreshadowing at Team B's loss, but rather hyping up/informing the audience the situation at hand. "Greninja is Ash's last pokemon! If he is taken out, then Alain will be victorious!".

Epicocity

It wasn't a guess. Malva was just saying a quote to hype the battle up. It's like saying "Team B needs to score a run this inning, or else Team A takes home the victory!". The person saying it is obviously not foreshadowing at Team B's loss, but rather hyping up/informing the audience the situation at hand. "Greninja is Ash's last pokemon! If he is taken out, then Alain will be victorious!".

People really need to start making a list of this episode's misconceptions...BW Writers, Malva's "Prediction". I mean, a theory of potential augmentation is fine, because that could happen if the writers wanted to make it so, but Malva really didn't do any funny business. She's a reporter. She was reporting...TRio are just a bunch of emotional people who were in "Root for Ash" mode.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
People really need to start making a list of this episode's misconceptions...BW Writers, Malva's "Prediction". I mean, a theory of potential augmentation is fine, because that could happen if the writers wanted to make it so, but Malva really didn't do any funny business. She's a reporter. She was reporting...TRio are just a bunch of emotional people who were in "Root for Ash" mode.

Also this seems to be the only supporting theory... if there was like 3 or 4 then I might consider it, but just one that is ambiguous to start with... people are entering desperation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.