• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Alain be disqualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

so did this week's episode Alain cheated? What is the consensus on if there were chating involved in Alain vs Ash?

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
If it's proven that Alain's Mega Ring did in fact help him, I could see a rematch between him and Ash.

Red and Blue

so did this week's episode Alain cheated? What is the consensus on if there were chating involved in Alain vs Ash?

There was no cheating. The mega energy Alain collected went straight to the Flare lab to power their Zygarde

PAndrews

No they did not. They are saying they used the energy Alain collected to help control Zygarde not boost Charizard X.

Case closed.

Wow, that wasn't said at all, all that was said was Alain was used to collect energy for Zygarde. Nothing more

How the energy was gathered and its affects on both Charizard and his opponent or why he needed to collect energy from so many different opponents instead of just re-using the mega users already in TF's employment have yet to be addressed. Until we get a clear statement that the energy sucking bracelet was in no way draining and weakening opponents and in no way giving Charizard a boost with the energy it was stealing it remains just as much a possibility as Charizard simply just being that powerful (or the until this arc ends with no more mentioning of the the energy collection antics).

Disliking the theory that TF interfered in Alains fights is one thing, but adding little bits to statements in an attempt to prove a point is another altogether

Based on past actions (and never daring to try something new) I'm leaning towards the writers simply never mentioning it again but a reveal that Charizard was indeed pumped up with stolen energy (minus whatever had been dropped off at TF) and now he not only doesn't have that boost, but they have to fight a Mega Gyarados with ALL the mega energy Alain had gathered (making him by far the strongest and biggest threat imaginable) could lead to an epic battle and would be a great end to the whole Mega's and Ash-Greninja story.

Given that Ash was quick to forgive Alain and break him out of his funk, I seriously doubt he will be disqualified.

Ash isn't exactly the authority figure who decides that though.

Though even then I'm still waiting for anyone who wants him disqualified for unknowingly aiding TF to come up with a reason as to WHY that should disqualify him. If he won the tournament fairly, then what he does afterwards should have no bearing on his accomplishment. That said, does anyone besides Ash even know he aided TF because :S. Lysandre only broadcasted images of himself and Zygarde and he and Alain are standing at the top of the tower pretty much out of view. So unless he or Ash tells the general population, nobody should be aware of his (unwitting) involvement.

The ONLY acceptable way for Alain to lose the trophy is because the match was deemed tainted and a rematch required. Anything else is nothing more then a pity trophy and still means Ash came in second, not first.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Not sure why people are going at this rigged theory again. I'm personally looking what Alain could be thinking during this time of crisis. While many would interpret Ash's words to Alain (Don't dwell on the mistakes of the past and instead focus on the present) as "proof" that Alain will be keeping the trophy and title, I personally find it more likely that Alain would like to start over as a trainer, breaking free of Flare's poisonous influence for good and finding his own roots. To me, the trophy and title will only remind him of the mistakes he made in the past under Team Flare. Particularly his old mentality and ideals. It would be best for him to simply cast the trophy and title away as a symbolism of him starting anew.

Red and Blue

Don't see how the trophy and title would remind him of Flare when part of the reason he entered the Kalos League at all was because he wanted to fight Ash. His status as Champion is totally separate from Flare.

Shadao

Don't see how the trophy and title would remind him of Flare when part of the reason he entered the Kalos League at all was because he wanted to fight Ash. His status as Champion is totally separate from Flare.

It's a reminder of Team Flare's poisonous influence considering what it takes to reach the title (never losing) and that he was still collecting Mega Evolution energy during the League for Team Flare. While he does enter the League to battle Ash, he was also going in the mindset of "I must never lose" that he had since the Mega Evolution Specials. Even ignoring his epiphany during the League battle against Ash. And considering how much Ash has to guide him in the latest episode, I could easily see Alain wondering if he should give something to Ash after all is said and done.

dp045

I think we should end the speculation and better move to another issue: if rehash a rematch between Ash and Alain. Alain did not trap, trap Team Flare did not, it was just mismanaged the vicotria Alain, nothing more. And if even possible that the conflict that Alain be disqualified for being part of Team Flare but no longer consider the argument that there was foul play for MC X win, as I was only bad writing as was handling the end is generated the battle, so I think to be convenient to change the title of this thread to not generate more discussions.

Red and Blue

It's a reminder of Team Flare's poisonous influence considering what it takes to reach the League (never losing) and that he was still collecting Mega Evolution energy during the League for Team Flare. While he does enter the League to battle Ash, he was also going in the mindset of "I must never lose" that he had since the Mega Evolution Specials. Even ignoring his epiphany during the League battle against Ash. And considering how much Ash has to guide him in the latest episode, I could easily see Alain wondering if he should give something to Ash after all is said and done.

He doesnt have to give Ash anything. He could still drop the never lose mentality and move one while still keeping his title.

Shadao

He doesnt have to give Ash anything. He could still drop the never lose mentality and move one while still keeping his title.

And he doesn't have to take responsibility as well. But I feel his character would seriously consider giving up the title and the trophy as a means to start fresh and anew. No more aiming to be the strongest. No more preemptive attempts to protect others. No more of Flare's original influence. It's something that is quite common for characters to do in order to gain a new perspective and unlearn what they have learned.

dp045

I do not agree, I think if the writers want to "redeem" Alain before the public would be better than this renounce the title by yourself or ask a rematch Ash and although Ash defeat Alian this retain the title but could do the passes himself and leaving Ash with a "moral" vicotira but almost being the champion.
Also as Ash's personality would not allow him to accept the title without winning officially, I do not think Alain is willing to retain the title considering that almost lead to the destruction of all Kalos.

PAndrews

Not sure why people are going at this rigged theory again. I'm personally looking what Alain could be thinking during this time of crisis. While many would interpret Ash's words to Alain (Don't dwell on the mistakes of the past and instead focus on the present) as "proof" that Alain will be keeping the trophy and title, I personally find it more likely that Alain would like to start over as a trainer, breaking free of Flare's poisonous influence for good and finding his own roots. To me, the trophy and title will only remind him of the mistakes he made in the past under Team Flare. Particularly his old mentality and ideals. It would be best for him to simply cast the trophy and title away as a symbolism of him starting anew.

Which would mean Ash is still the runner-up and only gets the trophy because Alain doesn't want it, which is even worse then a trainer who didn't want it to begin with winning it (he only entered the league to fight Ash). Either Ash earns the trophy by being stronger or Alain keeps it, anything else is a pity trophy and an insult to Ash's character

Red and Blue

I do not agree, I think if the writers want to "redeem" Alain before the public would be better than this renounce the title by yourself or ask a rematch Ash and although Ash defeat Alian this retain the title but could do the passes himself and leaving Ash with a "moral" vicotira but almost being the champion.
Also as Ash's personality would not allow him to accept the title without winning officially, I do not think Alain is willing to retain the title considering that almost lead to the destruction of all Kalos.

Alain already redeemed himself. He is helping Ash fight Lysandre the man responsible for all of this. That's good enough

Shadao

Alain already redeemed himself. He is helping Ash fight Lysandre the man responsible for all of this. That's good enough

Is it for him? From that logic, Ash only needs to be given the trophy from Alain after saving the world and guiding Alain back. That's good enough. But we know that Ash will never accept the trophy without a match of some kind because it's his character to do so.

Likewise, Alain will likely try to do more than simply turn against his boss to atone for his sins. It is in his nature to give something to Ash out of gratitude and apology. Just like how he went far and wide to make up for his neglect of Mairin (despite making everything worse).

PAndrews

Are you serious?

He let Ash get captured and watched him get tortured and didn't start helping him until AFTER Ash freed himself. He takes no blame in the destruction since he was an unknowing pawn in everything, but he definitely takes a huge blame in Ash's capture since he could have easily prevented it and freed him but did absolutely nothing.

Redeeming would be Ash broke free WHILE Alain was fighting Lysandre for his freedom, not Alain basically choosing to support the more impressive power.

dp045

No, it is not. Still have to be accountable to others for damage caused and just help rescue a person (basically Ash libero alone, Alain filed only because he could not have stopped him) not be enough considering all the damage. Unless Sycamore, Diantha, Steven and / or Malva, cover up their mistakes arguing that it was manipulated. I guess being right, I think.

Red and Blue

Are you serious?

He let Ash get captured and watched him get tortured and didn't start helping him until AFTER Ash freed himself. He takes no blame in the destruction since he was an unknowing pawn in everything, but he definitely takes a huge blame in Ash's capture since he could have easily prevented it and freed him but did absolutely nothing.

Redeeming would be Ash broke free WHILE Alain was fighting Lysandre for his freedom, not Alain basically choosing to support the more impressive power.

He was facing confliction at the time. Plus he already freed Ash's other Pokemon.

PAndrews

He was facing confliction at the time. Plus he already freed Ash's other Pokemon.

Yeah, thats total BS

He saw his friend get attacked, kidnapped and tortured and did nothing. Being "conflicted" is no excuse for watching that happen to a friend
Freeing his remaining Pokemon AFTER Ash broke free himself makes it much worse, because he just showed how easily he could have freed them all ages ago but willingly choose not to

At this point Alain comes off as siding with the guy with the biggest gun (Lysandre and Zygarde), then switching sides once the opponent reveals to have an even bigger gun (that massive waterveil Ash used to break free). Thats the problem here, he didn't switch sides until after Ash broke free and showed he had the power to challenge Lysandre. Redemption would have been putting his life on the line to free Ash. Now it seems he just comes off as the guy that sides with the stronger/winning team and **** morality

CelebiAS

Survival instinct. He frees Ash, he gets killed (or something around those lines that is kid friendly lol).

Janovy

Banned
Now it seems he just comes off as the guy that sides with the stronger/winning team and **** morality
Boy you really hate Alain don't you?

Obviously the anime would never portray Alain like that so all you're saying is just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.