• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will ALL old characters be retconned out of existence from now on?

Do you think old characters will be retconned out in BW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blob

Ash and Takeshi went through a lot together, and at the beggining of DP Ash said that he and Takeshi were best friends. Takeshi will keep in contact. They could be Pen Pals.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash and Takeshi went through a lot together, and at the beggining of DP Ash said that he and Takeshi were best friends. Takeshi will keep in contact. They could be Pen Pals.

Brock is a doctor now. He has a real profession, he cannot be bothered with Ash and his adventures anymore.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
I'm sick of people being so freaking delusional. Please, explain to me why the writers would bring Paul, a past rival, back when Ash will already have rivals in Isshu? It's just pointless.
Before that, please, explain to me why the writers would bring Gary, a past rival, back when Ash already had rivals in Sinnoh? It's just pointless.

BlueVapor said:
And, for the last time, Paul is not THAT important, and please don't post me that post of yours again.

One last thing, Paul is NOT a main character, he is a supporting character. The only main characters of Pokemon are Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris and Dento.

Okay. You're welcome to your opinion of what makes a main character. I disagree; while there is some merit to what you say, I also happen to believe that storyline importance is another defining factor. And there's really no arguing about it; what actual importance--actual storyline importance, not behind-the-scenes action or character interactions--did Brock, or Tracey, or Max bring to the table during their time on the main cast? The answer is, put simply, none. Note that I'm not trying to dispute the idea of, say, Brock being a main character; however, there's absolutely no way you can conceivably convince me that Paul, who did more in four years than Brock did in thirteen, and in practically every way--more character interaction, more screentime, and far, far more importance to the series' overall plot--is actually less important that him.

It's not like they'd have to bring him back in the capacity of a rival, anyways. Look at Gary post-Johto; only battled Ash once (which itself was a plot device to set him off to Sinnoh), but appeared in something like three other episodes. Unconnected episodes, sure, but...

The problem with bringing Paul back would be the story. Now, I'm not entirely sure--I got this info off Bulbapedia's DP188 guide--but Paul's next goal is apparently to do what his brother couldn't and conquer the Kanto Battle Frontier. Not exactly close to Isshu, and I don't exactly see Paul as the type to up and abandon a current goal, even temporarily, for some arbitrary event hundreds or thousands of miles away. That being said, I think the perfect way to let him cameo would be (assuming there'll be an interlude saga or something), essentially, to have him complete said goal and defeat Brandon on-screen, possibly preceded by a relatively simple plot, whenever (or wherever) that may be.

But, eh...yeah, can't exactly say I'm holding my breath.

blob

I didn't say he had to go with Ash. I'm just saying he could Write/Call him every now and then.

I think all of them won't return:

1: May is busy in Contests

2: Max will probably never return, what was the use for him anyway (OTHER then being the only smart one in group)

3: Brock is waaaaaaay too old

4: Misty hasn't had an appearance since Hoenn

5: Who needs the old Gym Leaders(except Misty)?

6: Weezing and Arbok are probably High as hell, haven't appeared since Johto, some 5 or so years later (They may've also died from starvation)

7: Tracy is the most boring character EVER for an Anime (Other then Sasuke from Naruto)

8: That kid with another Pikachu Ash met in Johto hasn't appeared in about 8 years

9: the Spin off Characters are nintendo's Kryptonite

10: Butterfree had some babies with some random butterfree and probably lives a (Un) Happy Marriage

11: If Barry returns, I'm gonna be ******, plus odds are, he won't

12: Kotone is in Johto

13: Paul is like Shadow the Hedgehog, only boring as hell plus he barely appeared, making him a minor character

And that is why

blob

2: Max will probably never return, what was the use for him anyway (OTHER then being the only smart one in group)

6: Weezing and Arbok are probably High as hell, haven't appeared since Johto, some 5 or so years later (They may've also died from starvation)

8: That kid with another Pikachu Ash met in Johto hasn't appeared in about 8 years

Max wasn't the only smart one in the group, since Takeshi is obviously smater than him. Did you see the episode where Max used a Poliwag against a Magby? He lost because he used Defense Curl too much, and he was clearly a novice.

How is Takeshi too old? Jessie and James are both older than him, yet they're still around!

Uhh... Didn't you watch AG? Weezing and Arbok left in early AG.

He's Ritchie, and he appeared in the Indigo League.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Also, Max wasn't the only smart one in the group, since Takeshi is obviously smater than him. Did you see the episode where Max used a Poliwag against a Magby? He lost because he used Defense Curl too much, and he was clearly a novice.

What do you expect from a kid who had his first battle? And he did far better in his first battle than Ash/May/Dawn did when they started.

Somehow i doubt writers would choose him over Dawn.

I still think he has a better chance in appearing.
Contests aren't going to be in the new region, right? That would be the only reason to bring Dawn back really.

Just because some character has reasons to return doesnt mean he will.Point is that when character is written out not being part of show anymore he stops being relevant to anime plot,period.Of course his current status in show can change depending on writers and if they want to do something with him,but thats not what i was pointing out.

It's a little too late for some characters.

Only in your opinion.Judging by amount of complains and criticism her departure was mistake,and going by narrative and story wise it was definitely bad move.

Why is Pokemon still going on then? Years without Misty, they continued the anime.
It's still Pokemon, even without Misty.
AND I REPEAT MY QUOTE
Like I said, I doubt any of the writers, or anybody elses gives a crap about the whiny teenagers who stalk the anime so they can throw their bullshit around.

You dont expect that i take this post seriously do you?
Comparing regional team of villains with previous main characters and their level of popularity or importance is nothing short of being ridiculous.

Actually yes I do.
I'm not a very serious person most of the times, but I was being serious.
It doesn't matter with popularity. It matters how the writers are able to fit the characters into the current storyline.
My point being ..even villains from older seasons have a better reason of coming back. They could easily be fitted into the new villains plans. Not saying it's going to happen, but it would be possible.
Misty ..not so much.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
ofc not -.-

pokemon fan 132

Like most of my post, you've misinterpreted them. Of course we all know the characters don't age, I was taking about their time on the show regarding to how long the anime's been around.

My bad than.

What I put in bold is pretty much what I've been saying this entire time, unfortunately you only choose to address select things from my post making this debate more convoluted than it needs to be. Like you said, The writers would have less to work with bringing someone like Jessiebelle back. They would would have to come up with a good reason and pretty much center one or more episodes around a more important character, making a less important character's chances of reappearing much higher. Just look at the Magikarp Salesman, they don't need to create any circumstances for him to return, they can throw him into any old episode which takes a lot less time, planning, and work.

Still was there need to bringh back Jessibelle for example in Sinnoh after so much time)to be more precise more than 11 years)?Or any of those less relevant characters.

We all know how reason why some characters didnt appeared in Sinnoh was because this show having already too many past characters with not being possible to expect that all of them got fitted in.
Creating reasons(which exist,i could count at least 20 plausible ones)for their return wouldnt be much of a trouble to be honest.

At this point the only way for someone elder to receive more screntime is in being brought to main cast.Naturally some of the would have plausible reasons for return due to unfinished story fitting adequatly with storylinebut in reality chances for this are very small.

Depending on how many viewers actually know who they are. The program is aimed at children, and most children today weren't around when it starting airing, so they wouldn't care if Misty returned or not because they have no clue who she is.

Actually that may have been the case before,but nowdays lot of small kids knows about lder character like Misty through HGSS games,reruns of previouis seasons which aired on TV stations like boomerang,aswell one Japanese TV station(i think it is pokemon sunday)reairing older seasons.
There are also DVDS,internet etc.

Personally i met some of them who were familiarized with older characters wanting to see them again.

Older viewers like you and I would be pleased to see older characters return, but unfortunately the show isn't aimed at us.

More viewers never hurts,and whenever some of popular older characters returned TV ratings jumped during those episodes.

They are one of the main focuses of the story, they're just on the opposite side. They have to hold just as much importance to the story as the main protagonist in order to be an antagonist.

However hey are not the ones around who story revolves,not having plots which they are pursuiing with show folowing their journey.Therefore protagnists hold more of importance than rivals.

Whether they're largely involved in the story or not doesn't make a difference, they're still someone or something that the hero has to eventually overcome in the end.

It does matter,because it determines around who story revolves.

Second, all the development and growth that Ash went through in Sinnoh was all either directly or indirectly in preparation for his battle with Paul. Counter-Shield, Ice Aqua Jet, Infernapes Blaze, etc. were all plot devices made to be used against Paul during their league battle. Ash's entire Sinnoh journey was centered around Paul and the lead up to their eventual Sinnoh League match, if you viewed Sinnoh and that wasn't clearly apparent to you, then you clearly weren't watching the Sinnoh saga.

That doesnt change the fact hat Ash was main focus of story with Paul being one of components,therefore Ash being more important chracter.

Yes, people are entitled to have opinions, but opinions have no bearing over fact.

And i already mentioned what can and cant be considered as fact.

but opinions don't change the fact that Paul was a better handled character, had better battles against Ash, and was a better rival overall.

Now you see this is where we have another disagreenent,Now i agree how Paul had better battles but this is just my opinion,you would be surprised how many people thought how finale battle between Ash and Gary was better than Pauls.

Paul was better handled yes,but when it comes to rivarly you will encounter many people who dont share this opinion finding Grys rivarly while less focused being done in more concrete way.

No, peoples views on the facts are based on opinion, which can neither be right or wrong, but not the facts themselves.

Facts can be wrong too sometimes,with people drawing wrong conclusion about certain things.

1: May is busy in Contests

Character being busy doesnt matter,May was busy with contests in Johto too,but this didnt stoped her from coming to Wallace Cup.

So?Ash,Jessibelle,Gary,May etc are old to but this isn tstopping them from returning or being in show.

4: Misty hasn't had an appearance since Hoenn

5: Who needs the old Gym Leaders(except Misty)?

First Misty isnt old(10 yeas is nothing for lifespan of character),and second going by this we can say the same thing about Jasmine who is "old" gym leader appearing despite this in DP.

Also unlike Jasmine Misty has better reasons to return considering she acually had storyline unlike her which didnt met conclusion,aswell not being possible to achieve her goal as water master only as gym leader for several reason which were explained through older series and some E4 members.

Also Mistys last appearance was at beginning of Battle Frontier.

I still think he has a better chance in appearing.
Contests aren't going to be in the new region, right? That would be the only reason to bring Dawn back really.

Actually no,writers could have her back for some other rason too like competing in tag battlke tournament with Ash or others,or contributing to story of one of new characters whether that would be Iris or Dento.

It's a little too late for some characters.

As long show is airing its never too late.

Why is Pokemon still going on then? Years without Misty, they continued the anime.
It's still Pokemon, even without Misty.
AND I REPEAT MY QUOTE

Because while Mistys replacing did shaked TV ratings with risk being involved it wasnt to that kind of scale which would jeopardize existence of this anime.
Now if someone like Ash was took off,than we would have another story.

Actually yes I do.
I'm not a very serious person most of the times, but I was being serious.
It doesn't matter with popularity. It matters how the writers are able to fit the characters into the current storyline.
My point being ..even villains from older seasons have a better reason of coming back. They could easily be fitted into the new villains plans. Not saying it's going to happen, but it would be possible.
Misty ..not so much.

Misty can be more easily fit in current storyline considering she actually has stronger connections with some of current main characters,aswell unlike previous vilains having unfinished parts in her story serving as gateway which would justify her return,aswell being more easily to bring someone for some tournament,to catch new pokemon or to even travell again than going through all trouble of reviving previous Team of Villains(Galactic)which was ripped apart with several of them being arrested,one being stucked in dimension for eternity,with their initial planm nbeng stopped being dead in its track.

So parten me,while i dont agree with statement of Team Galactic having bigger chanes to return than previous popular and 10 times more important(generally speaking)main character.

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
My bad than.

No problem.

Still was there need to bringh back Jessibelle for example in Sinnoh after so much time)to be more precise more than 11 years)?Or any of those less relevant characters.

No, there was no need, but the writers obviously wanted to work with her again, and the thing writers like about irrelevant characters is the fact that they can bring them back at any given time to fill in any little gap in the story. That's why their chances of returning are greater than a more important past characters are.

We all know how reason why some characters didnt appeared in Sinnoh was because this show having already too many past characters with not being possible to expect that all of them got fitted in.
Creating reasons(which exist,i could count at least 20 plausible ones)for their return wouldnt be much of a trouble to be honest.

At this point the only way for someone elder to receive more screntime is in being brought to main cast.Naturally some of the would have plausible reasons for return due to unfinished story fitting adequatly with storylinebut in reality chances for this are very small.

That's the other beauty about past irrelevant characters, they don't need a reason to be brought back. They don't need to create episodes centered around the Magikarp Salesman, they can just give him 3 minutes of any episode and it would be fine. Maybe creating a reason for Misty to make a cameo might not pose a huge problem for the writers, but bringing back the Magikarp Salesman is a whole lot easier.

Actually that may have been the case before,but nowdays lot of small kids knows about lder character like Misty through HGSS games,reruns of previouis seasons which aired on TV stations like boomerang,aswell one Japanese TV station(i think it is pokemon sunday)reairing older seasons.
There are also DVDS,internet etc.

Personally i met some of them who were familiarized with older characters wanting to see them again.

But you're only talking about a small fraction of the entire demographic of kids that watch the show that you've personally talked to and want those characters to make a return. Most kids today were born around the time the franchise started and got into it long after it's popularity had faded. So they have no clue who most characters from OS even are, and an even smaller fraction care about them at all

However hey are not the ones around who story revolves,not having plots which they are pursuiing with show folowing their journey.Therefore protagnists hold more of importance than rivals.

It does matter,because it determines around who story revolves.

That doesnt change the fact hat Ash was main focus of story with Paul being one of components,therefore Ash being more important chracter.

Just because the story revolves around 1 or more protagonist doesn't make the main antagonist any less important. The story does revolve around them directly and indirectly the entire time after their introduction or purpose is established because the protagonist goal is to eventually overcome them. Anything they do that can be considered progression in the middle of the story is for their eventual goal of overcoming the antagonist. Whether someone likes Paul or not is besides the point, he was factually the better rival.

And i already mentioned what can and cant be considered as fact.

Everything you've considered in the points I provided that you proclaim can't be fact in the comparison between Gary and Paul has been factual. You haven't countered yet with a legitimate reason why my points are not valid or factual, you've only countered with other peoples opinions, but you can't counter facts with opinions. You haven't provided any factual reasons as to why Gary is better than Paul, but dismiss all of my points. If you're knowledgeable about both characters and followed their entire time on the show, it would be evident to you, or any serious viewer for that matter, who was the better rival and character.

Now you see this is where we have another disagreenent,Now i agree how Paul had better battles but this is just my opinion,you would be surprised how many people thought how finale battle between Ash and Gary was better than Pauls.

Paul was better handled yes,but when it comes to rivarly you will encounter many people who dont share this opinion finding Grys rivarly while less focused being done in more concrete way.

First off, who are these people you speak of? Are they the entire demographic, or just fans that you've encountered? There is a big difference between the two.

OK, I'll put it to you simply like this. Everyone can think that grass is red, but it doesn't change the fact that it is green, and anybody with properly functioning eyes and a brain can see that. People are free to think otherwise, but it doesn't change what's evident.

Facts can be wrong too sometimes,with people drawing wrong conclusion about certain things.

Facts can't be wrong, that's why their facts. The people who create the facts with no proper evidence can be wrong, which in turn makes their statements false and not fact at all.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
There are so many of the same old characters that people want to see again but maybe it's good to gain some new ones. And why does Paul Ketchum and Pokemon Fan write stories for thread posts?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
There are so many of the same old characters that people want to see again but maybe it's good to gain some new ones. And why does Paul Ketchum and Pokemon Fan write stories for thread posts?

I don't see a problem with them discussing about old characters.
I have no problem with old characters too but I would like to see older characters too again.

pokemon fan 132

No, there was no need, but the writers obviously wanted to work with her again, and the thing writers like about irrelevant characters is the fact that they can bring them back at any given time to fill in any little gap in the story. That's why their chances of returning are greater than a more important past characters are.

And i disagree with that.Someone who is more important and popular having storyline to begin with will be always choosed before some random side character from writers side.

Do you really think writers would for example choose someone like Magikarp Salesman over Dawn to appear in Isshu?

But you're only talking about a small fraction of the entire demographic of kids that watch the show that you've personally talked to and want those characters to make a return. Most kids today were born around the time the franchise started and got into it long after it's popularity had faded. So they have no clue who most characters from OS even are, and an even smaller fraction care about them at all

Some of people i talked to are small kids being part of target demographic.
Also any of those kids who watched reruns of older seasons is familiarized with older characters,with purpose behind reruns being to get know kids with previous seasons n case theyre interested to see how everything started.

Just because the story revolves around 1 or more protagonist doesn't make the main antagonist any less important. The story does revolve around them directly and indirectly the entire time after their introduction or purpose is established because the protagonist goal is to eventually overcome them. Anything they do that can be considered progression in the middle of the story is for their eventual goal of overcoming the antagonist. Whether someone likes Paul or not is besides the point, he was factually the better rival.

No it does not.Someone who receives majority of focus and screentime pursuing his own plots with everything revolving around them is considered more important than antagonists like rivals who are just part of his path(storyline).I suggest you do some research about this and what is beng said about whole protagonist/antagonist thing in narrative.

Everything you've considered in the points I provided that you proclaim can't be fact in the comparison between Gary and Paul has been factual. You haven't countered yet with a legitimate reason why my points are not valid or factual, you've only countered with other peoples opinions, but you can't counter facts with opinions.

Ok let see:
-you claime how Paul was better battler having better battles.However same can be said about Gary who was portrayed as strong trainer having graet battles too like one against Alakazam with Umbreon or against Ash in Johto Silver conference.
The only thing which was of more quality in Paul battles was better animation if you want to be objective.

You claime how Paul had better relationship with Ash which is again product of someones opinion.Chemistry between Gary and Ash was good asell,with people liking his attitude and arogance which served as push for Ash to work harder,eventually growing in respect between two trainers with their rvarly meeting climax(conclusion) in Joht league.Also unlike Paul,Gary had background story with Ash back from Kanto days when they were small kids with certain sort of rivarly being always present between them.

So whether is someones relationship or battling style better or not is called opinion,with you trying to put across your opinion as fact.nd when someone states how he finded Gary being better rival you call his opinion being product of ignorance and delusion.

Thats the problem in here.

Only fact which is reality(thruth)not being product of personal interpretation is that Pauls story and rivarly with Ash was exploited more,receiving more focus.

Do i thought Paul was beter?Yes but thats called opinion,not trying to point out my view as fact when in reality its not.

First off, who are these people you speak of? Are they the entire demographic, or just fans that you've encountered? There is a big difference between the two.

Obviously im talking about older fans who still watch this show,since you wont encounter much of target audience on this forum.

Facts can't be wrong, that's why their facts. The people who create the facts with no proper evidence can be wrong, which in turn makes their statements false and not fact at all.

Yes the can and there is name for that being called disinformations being spreaded deliberately for one or other purpose trying to portray them as factual.

Last edited:

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
And i disagree with that.Someone who is more important and popular having storyline to begin with will be always choosed before some random side character from writers side.

Well the writers obviously disagree with you because they keep bringing the Magikarp Salesman and Jessiebelle back over Misty. Which pretty much proves that my point is valid and that a character with more importance will not "always" be chosen over ones with less.

Do you really think writers would for example choose someone like Magikarp Salesman over Dawn to appear in Isshu?

Yes, because he's simply easier to bring back than she is. This portion of the debate is pretty much over.

Some of people i talked to are small kids being part of target demographic.
Also any of those kids who watched reruns of older seasons is familiarized with older characters,with purpose behind reruns being to get know kids with previous seasons n case theyre interested to see how everything started.

Exactly, you've only talked to a "part" of the target demographic, not all or even a majority. And reruns are not specifically for the purpose you stated, sometimes they are simply used to fill in a time gap on the airing stations schedule, which is why most of the time they show random episodes instead of airing them in chronological order.

No it does not.Someone who receives majority of focus and screentime pursuing his own plots with everything revolving around them is considered more important than antagonists like rivals who are just part of his path(storyline).I suggest you do some research about this and what is beng said about whole protagonist/antagonist thing in narrative.

You obviously don't understand that an antagonist is just as important as the protagonist. The Devil is just as important as God, The Joker is just as important as Batman, and Paul was just as important as Ash was in DP. I think you're the one who truly needs to do research on the role and importance of both the protagonist and antagonist pertaining to narrative.

Ok let see:
-you claime how Paul was better battler having better battles.However same can be said about Gary who was portrayed as strong trainer having graet battles too like one against Alakazam with Umbreon or against Ash in Johto Silver conference.
The only thing which was of more quality in Paul battles was better animation if you want to be objective.

You claime how Paul had better relationship with Ash which is again product of someones opinion.Chemistry between Gary and Ash was good asell,with people liking his attitude and arogance which served as push for Ash to work harder,eventually growing in respect between two trainers with their rvarly meeting climax(conclusion) in Joht league.Also unlike Paul,Gary had background story with Ash back from Kanto days when they were small kids with certain sort of rivarly being always present between them.

What I put in bold is an example of one of your biggest flaws that you've constantly exhibited in this entire argument, using opinions to counter facts. You can only counter facts with facts.

So whether is someones relationship or battling style better or not is called opinion,with you trying to put across your opinion as fact.nd when someone states how he finded Gary being better rival you call his opinion being product of ignorance and delusion.

Thats the problem in here.

Only fact which is reality(thruth)not being product of personal interpretation is that Pauls story and rivarly with Ash was exploited more,receiving more focus.

Do i thought Paul was beter?Yes but thats called opinion,not trying to point out my view as fact when in reality its not.

Once again, if you watch both characters in the sagas they were involved in, you will clearly see that the points I've been presenting regarding to who was a better rival between Gary and Paul throughout this whole debate have been factual. The writers made his back story, relationship with Ash, importance to the story of the saga, and battling style all better than Gary's. You've even contradicted yourself multiple times by agreeing with these facts, which in turn have turned your arguments into agreements.

Yes the can and there is name for that being called disinformations being spreaded deliberately for one or other purpose trying to portray them as factual.

Facts cannot be wrong because the information they provide is proven to be factual. If you provide something as a fact and the information it provides is proven to be false, then it is a mistake that is not always deliberate and can't be considered a fact at all.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I agree with most of what pokemon fan 132 said, so no need to repeat that.

Other than that, of course the old characters are going to re-appear. In Sinnoh/DP they brought back Johto characters Jimmy, Jackson and Marina and the Kimono girls (albeit to promote HGSS), that means that they all live lifes at the same time as Ash and the others. Then the same goes for the younger Kimono sister Sakura who are out there somewhere. The Pokemon chronicles show that Casey and Ritchie are still alive. So of course the main groups different members are going to live on and appear more or less frequentley. They will however be mentioned less and less but still live on. And then we have to whole welcome back/super league party at the end of Ash journey to look forward to. =)

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

Well the writers obviously disagree with you because they keep bringing the Magikarp Salesman and Jessiebelle back over Misty. Which pretty much proves that my point is valid and that a character with more importance will not "always" be chosen over ones with less.

But on the contrary,Misty was choosed in Hoen and start of Battle Frontier over Magikarp Salesman or Jessibelle.
The only reason she hasnt appeared in Sinnoh is because of older cast having too many characters already not being to expect that all of hem will returnn in same region.That doesnt men Misty wont return(afterall even ex hwad writer announced she will),but when its unown.

Yes, because he's simply easier to bring back than she is. This portion of the debate is pretty much over.

So basically your saying "minor side chracter like Magikarp Salesman who doesnt hold any popularity not being relevant has more chance than very popular and relevant characters like Dawn".

Good luck with that.It may sound strange to you,but its harder to justify return of irrelevant characters whom doesnt play any role not having story to begin with than those who does having material which opens gateway for them.

Exactly, you've only talked to a "part" of the target demographic, not all or even a majority.

And how exactly could i talk to all of them?Judging by reactions from those who i encountered,its safe to say there are more of them which i havent met or talked to.

And reruns are not specifically for the purpose you stated, sometimes they are simply used to fill in a time gap on the airing stations schedule, which is why most of the time they show random episodes instead of airing them in chronological order.

Pokemon TV show is mostly watched by kids between 7 and 12,incluiding reruns so natually good poruion of the would watch them.Also tv station in Japan recently on purpose reaired older seasons to give opportunity to target demoigraphic to get know with older sagas.

You obviously don't understand that an antagonist is just as important as the protagonist.

Its more other way around.Someone who has storyline with plots revolving around him receiving 10 times more attention is clearly more important han someone who is part of its story playing side role.
Sorry to say but you mixed some of facts with personal opinion.

As i mentioned before im pretty sure your the only one out of whole fanbase who believes "Paul was just as important as Ash and other main characters are".

What I put in bold is an example of one of your biggest flaws that you've constantly exhibited in this entire argument, using opinions to counter facts. You can only counter facts with facts.

Funny thing is that i have been all the time differentiating opinions from facts,only disagreeing with you about things you view as being factual when they in reality are not,being personal opinion.

The writers made his back story, relationship with Ash, importance to the story of the saga, and battling style all better than Gary's.

Backstory was exploited more,he had more importance to region but when it comes to battling style and relationship thats matter of personal preference with opinions varying from individual to individual.

Paul had more battles,and more encounterws with Ash interacting with him,but that doesnt make his battling style or relationship being better just because he got more focus.

You've even contradicted yourself multiple times by agreeing with these facts, which in turn have turned your arguments into agreements.

The only thing i agreed with was how Paul had better writing in story in sense of his story being exploited more receiving more focus.
In sense of character,battling style or relationship i never agreed how he was better with this points being matter of opinion,so i cant say i contradicted myself regarding those respective subjects.

Facts cannot be wrong because the information they provide is proven to be factual. If you provide something as a fact and the information it provides is proven to be false, then it is a mistake that is not always deliberate and can't be considered a fact at all.

Way to miss the point.If informations is provided as fact,later on being established as wrong(if it gets discovered naturally),thats called disinformation.

Anyway at this point we are only repeating ourselves,and its obvious we have disagreement so i dont see a point in continuing further this debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.