• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash’s Rowlet evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammad80

The only reason I was so hooked into SM (anime) was because I wanted Ash’s Rowlet to evolve. It has been a relatively good Pokémon in SM so far, with a high win rate.
However, with the anime being progressed so much, I’m starting to doubt if he’ll ever evolve. I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they don’t let him evolve because he’s “cute” or he “has to fit in the backpack”.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's hard to say. I can see it evolving but I can also see it not evolving as well.

Hammad80

@Pokegirl Fan~ I would literally stop watching this anime if it doesn’t. I know this may trigger a lot of people, but this has been one of the worst seasons so far. I gave it a shot in the beginning, but it has been utterly slow and full of crap episodes. Even the non-fillers (such as the outer space arc or whatever) were uninteresting at best.
But Idk, it could be just me.

Btw, I haven’t watched SM since episode 69, mainly because I couldn’t stomach watching boring, useless episodes for 20 mins. Can anyone tell me if any episodes contained an actual battle? So I can watch then?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
well there was the nanu battle...necrozma arc battles....UB joke episodes...and the upcoming zeraora and hau battles

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Sadly I doubt it, why? Because the writers are currently more interested in advertising cute Pokemon this arc than proper battle development, admittedly nothing but it feels especially bad this arc

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
@Pokegirl Fan~ I would literally stop watching this anime if it doesn’t. I know this may trigger a lot of people, but this has been one of the worst seasons so far. I gave it a shot in the beginning, but it has been utterly slow and full of crap episodes. Even the non-fillers (such as the outer space arc or whatever) were uninteresting at best.
But Idk, it could be just me.

Btw, I haven’t watched SM since episode 69, mainly because I couldn’t stomach watching boring, useless episodes for 20 mins. Can anyone tell me if any episodes contained an actual battle? So I can watch then?
What was your impression about BW then, when in that series Ash got all the Unova starters and only Tepig evolved? Did you stop watching the show afterwards?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
no, not really rematches for any rivals. but there was the TR one with mimikyu if you're counting them

Hammad80

Sadly I doubt it, why? Because the writers are currently more interested in advertising cute Pokemon this arc than proper battle development, admittedly nothing but it feels especially bad this arc
That’s what I feared too.
I have actually never been this uninterested in a Pokémon season. I was always hyped to watch them (including BW, which I personally didn’t dislike as much as others did; only bad thing was that ash had trash Pokémon).
Even SM I decided to give it a shot. People were like “oh it’s only 30 episodes, it’s gonna get better”, but it never did. At least in the beginning, the trials were fun and there were good 1v1 battles. Also, ash was steadily evolving Pokémon/adding them to his roster.

But now, he has caught ZERO Pokémon for how long? 40-50 episodes? I decided to still watch it in hopes of Poipole evolving into naganadel (and then maybe being released, because let’s face it, it’s inevitable). But they released it so soon and without it getting any proper battling under ash (asides from the one time it used one attack under Ash’s command).
Disappointments everywhere. They haven’t even touched upon the league too much yet.

Evanibble

It's possible, but I don't think probable. Rowlet is adorable and marketable outside of the anime, as well as able to stand its ground in battles in the anime itself in a way that it doesn't necessarily have to evolve to get stronger (and there is plenty of precedent for Ash to have strong, unevolved Pokemon). However, I could see a scenario in which Hau's Dartrix evolves to Decidueye, which leaves room for Ash's Rowlet to evolve into Dartrix. It's probably too late for it to evolve all the way (they could, but it'd seem a little forced).

Also, don't we already have an entire thread dedicated to topics like this?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It's 90% out of the question now. Firstly, if Rowlet had any chance of evolving into Decidueye, he should've evolved atleast between episode 55-70 into Dartrix. As of 101 episodes out of a 140 episode series, getting it to evolve now is far too late. And secondly, Hau and Dartrix have appeared this late into the series, which they wouldn't have had Rowlet had a chance to evolve.

I've seen some hope and speculation that Rowlet could atleast evolve to Dartrix towards the end. Honestly, if Decidueye is ruled out, I'd rather Rowlet stay as it is than evolve into Dartrix. The latter is just a bigger Rowlet with a more punchable face, and offers no distinctive battle style from Rowlet, so I'd rather Rowlet just stay a Rowlet.

Red and Blue

And give up the backpack gag? No way. Plus with Decidueye a no go, I prefer the cuter Rowlet over Datrix

04n70n10

In the beginning, two years ago (more or less), when in battle Rowlet sometimes has some sneaky and elusive moves... like a... ghost. Back then I thought it was a foreshadowing for an evolution into Decidueye....

After two year... I was wrong, probably. I think it is out of question now, even if we saw very fast evolution in the anime before (from charmander to Charizard in a couple of episodes, more or less)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In the beginning, two years ago (more or less), when in battle Rowlet sometimes has some sneaky and elusive moves... like a... ghost. Back then I thought it was a foreshadowing for an evolution into Decidueye....

After two year... I was wrong, probably. I think it is out of question now, even if we saw very fast evolution in the anime before (from charmander to Charizard in a couple of episodes, more or less)
That was way back when. And Caterpie has the record for fastest evolution anyway. Evolved into Metapod in its first episode, then Butterfree the next.

And I don't think so. Rowlet is pretty cute, and they've already debuted Decidueye, plus, it's getting a personal rival in Dartrix.

My money is on no, but if it does evolve against Hau's Dartrix, I expect it to be a Decidueye about as fast as Goomy became Goodra.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
If Rowlet evolves, who is going to fill Ash's backpack? Eevee?

Hammad80

Well, they did it. They ruined our hopes...
-sigh-

At the very least tho, SM97 was one of the best episodes I’ve watched in SM, and Rowlet beating Dartrix in the final battle was great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.