• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will ash age in sun and moon now that red has aged?

Do you think he'll age?

• Yes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
Now that red, ash's game counterpart is revealed to be in sun and moon. Do you think that the time has come for ash to finally age? I know it's unlikely but who knows? Red appears to be about 20 years old now so maybe ash has a chance since he is supposed to be red in anime form.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Unless the trials have the same rules as the games....Nope

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I voted yes just for the sake of not a complete wipe out of nos.

I doubt it. But hey, he might.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Nope, not visibly or chronologically. Ash was never that close a copy of Red from the games in terms of design or Red in terms of the Adventures Manga anyway. So I doubt it will have any impact at all.

DatsRight

I could see the games 11 year restriction becoming a plot point in the anime, given how Ash is near iconically always a year younger than that, whether it's to have Ash age though or just a humorous roadblock he has to somehow get past another way however is up for debate.

It is the 20th anniversary for the anime next year I suppose. Maybe they could surprise with a birthday episode.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
If Ash plans on taking the Island Trial he needs to be 11. ;)

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
The info for the characters in the anime states Ash as a "10 year old young boy".

Based solely upon that, I would say no. But perhaps there's a 0.01% chance he'll grow older for Island Trials. Or they just bump the age requirement down to ten for plot convenience.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
"insert hysterical laughter hear"
In all seriousness no, no there not going to age him.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope they let him turn 11.
Unless they just ignore the fact you need to be 11 to do the trials.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Based on all the previews, he looks even younger than he already did.

On the other hand, I've gained all the more appreciation for game canon.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
they've already stated that ash is 10. even if they introduce the island challenge in the anime, i'm almost 100% sure they won't bring up age at all.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'd sooner believe Ash danced naked in front of the school with "I hate pokemon" painted over his chest than believe he'll age.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Ashton Ketchum

I afraid - no. All hope for 8th generation (and they should bring back XYZ animation).

No, they've already confirmed during DP (Hidaka Interview with PokeBeach's creator), BW (Episode 1), XY (Hoopa Quiz, Nakagawa's quote on the Volcanion Movie's production), and now SM (the website) that Ash is, has been, and will always be...10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.