• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash catch all 17 types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnovaMaster

Think about it. All 8 of Ash's current Pokemon are of a different type. And while some of you may complain about less focus on other pokemon, it can still work if some of the new types are caught in secondary stages of evolution or evolve really quickly. And not every pokemon needs too much personality or focus in the first place. Plus, it'll give Ash tons of diversity and reserves for the Unova league. Ash has caught....

First 2 Gyms:

Pikachu-Electric type

Tepig- Fire type

Oshawott- Water type

Snivy- Grass type

Pidove- Flying type

From 2nd to 3rd Gym:

Scraggy- Fighting type

Sewaddle- Bug type

From 3rd Gym to 4th Gym:

Palpitoad- Ground type

Roggenrola- Rock type

And then so on if he catches 2 pokemon each time between each gym he'll have the rest of the 8 types. I think this would do wonders for him at the league. Maybe his pokemon won't be trained as much as in Sinnoh, but if he has type diversity he can deal with his opponents well enough to make top 4 again or higher.

thekorean

Ash has never caught a ghost pokemon in all of his journey.

He should though, seriously.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
We already have a thread for this.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Ash has never caught a ghost pokemon in all of his journey.

He should though, seriously.

He had a Haunter for a little while in season 1, but left it with Sabrina. Also, you would think that after all these adventures, Ash would have at least one pokemon of every type. I think he should

Hollow Marowak

Ground Trainer
I really don't think Ash will be catching all 17 types this time around, if anything he'll catch the types he hasn't had before, already happening with Scraggy's dark typing and Roggenrola's Rock type. Also, not every type will be captured, but perhaps represented, seeing as far as Poison types, the only options are Trubbish, Venipede, and Foongus, all of which I think are highly unlikely, but perhaps Ash's Palpitoad could learn a Poison type move instead, representing the type. Another example is Roggenrola learning Flash Cannon, thereby representing the steel type without giving Ash one.

thunderblade12

Hopefully:

Dark: Scraggy
Rock: Gigalith
Water: Samurott
Electric: Galvantula (no, I don't count Pikachu)
Grass: Snivy
Poison: Garbodor
Psychic: Reuniclus/Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
Fire: Emboar
Ground: Seismitoad
Flying: Unfezant
Bug: Leavanny
Normal: Bouffalant
Ghost: Chandelure/Golurk
Fighting: Kojofu
Steel: Bisharp
Ice: Cubchoo
Dragon: Druddigon

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash is going to catch 18 types. That's just how BA he is :cool:

But if we're being serious: Yeah, he probably will. He already has a handful, and I'm noticing a trend with the type of Pokemon that he's been given. I'm sure that the writers are going to dump a bunch of Pokemon on him solely so that they can claim that he's captured one of each type. So yeah, by the time the Black & White saga is over, Ash will have tons of Pokemon and I'm 90% sure that they'll all be Pokemon of different types. It'll be a menagerie, which is what most of you wanted.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
No I don't think ash would catch all types but a psychic(Solosis), ghost(Golett) and steel(Pawniard) type would do though.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wanted Ash to capture that cute little Venipede that he befriended back in Hiun city. That would take care of the poison type.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Do not think he will capture all 17 types. It is hard enough to rotate with 8 Pokemon. What happen if he has to rotate up to 10 to 15 Pokemon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No I don't think ash would catch all types but a psychic(Solosis), ghost(Golett) and steel(Pawniard) type would do though.

You do know that would mean Ash would have all types right? Counting the reserves in Kanto..

But anyway, totally unimaginable, this was my secret hope for the start of the series:

Electric type - Pikachu
Fire/Fighting type - Tepig -> Emboar
Normal/Grass - Deerling -> Sawsbuck
Psychic/Flying - Woobat -> Swoobat
Rock/Water - Tirtouga -> Carracosta
Poison/Bug - Venipede -> Scolipede
Ground/Ghost - Golett -> Golurk
Dark/Steel - Pawniard -> Bisharp
Dragon/Ice - Kyurem <- For plotpurposes only, as in dealing with N and Zekrom/Reshiram

Ash would have seven and a half capture (Kyurem) and nine evolutions.. That's 16.5 team changes, now look at my prediction for Ash this time:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Samurott
Pignite
Snivy
Scrafty
Leavanny
Seismitoad
Gigalith
Archeops (counts as half an evolution as it probably evolves under Ash's uncaptured care..)
???

That's 20.5 team changes, with the possibility of even more captures.. But still not every type as my team had.

I wanted Ash to capture that cute little Venipede that he befriended back in Hiun city. That would take care of the poison type.

Yup, it would've.. That probably was a coin toss decision by the writers if you look back at the episode. It had everything for a possible capture.. Just look at how Gligar was caught in Sinnoh, it was the same situation..

Do not think he will capture all 17 types. It is hard enough to rotate with 8 Pokemon. What happen if he has to rotate up to 10 to 15 Pokemon.

Honestly? If that happens then I'm hoping for six on six gym battles ():) Otherwise we'll have about eight pokemon left to battle in gyms.. Seeing as how the starters will feature in quite a few of those, some will never get a gym battle at all..

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment

A Episode that has
.Rotate Battles
but you can use more than 6 pokemon in the anime when you do it

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You do know that would mean Ash would have all types right? Counting the reserves in Kanto..

But anyway, totally unimaginable, this was my secret hope for the start of the series:

Electric type - Pikachu
Fire/Fighting type - Tepig -> Emboar
Normal/Grass - Deerling -> Sawsbuck
Psychic/Flying - Woobat -> Swoobat
Rock/Water - Tirtouga -> Carracosta
Poison/Bug - Venipede -> Scolipede
Ground/Ghost - Golett -> Golurk
Dark/Steel - Pawniard -> Bisharp
Dragon/Ice - Kyurem <- For plotpurposes only, as in dealing with N and Zekrom/Reshiram

Ash would have seven and a half capture (Kyurem) and nine evolutions.. That's 16.5 team changes, now look at my prediction for Ash this time:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Samurott
Pignite
Snivy
Scrafty
Leavanny
Seismitoad
Gigalith
Archeops (counts as half an evolution as it probably evolves under Ash's uncaptured care..)
???

That's 20.5 team changes, with the possibility of even more captures.. But still not every type as my team had.

Yup, it would've.. That probably was a coin toss decision by the writers if you look back at the episode. It had everything for a possible capture.. Just look at how Gligar was caught in Sinnoh, it was the same situation..

Honestly? If that happens then I'm hoping for six on six gym battles ():) Otherwise we'll have about eight pokemon left to battle in gyms.. Seeing as how the starters will feature in quite a few of those, some will never get a gym battle at all..

I think with Mamepato evolving and all maybe the writers thought it would be too much or something lol. Although he could have captured it during the rocket plasma specials since one of the reasons Ash got involved with the whole thing was because of the little venipede.

Status
Not open for further replies.