• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash ever age?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Now we all know the anime has been going on for a while and Ash has traveled to many places and has had many battles and adventures. But the thing is...he's done all this in one year and is still 10 years old. So do you think the writers will ever say "Hey, how about we bump him up to 15 or so" or will the anime keep going on for years with us to still believe he's accomplishing all these feats within a 1 year time span and is beating people who have been training their pokemon for years with his limited experience. I wouldn't mind a Naruto Shippuden type age jump where Ash only becomes slightly older or at least a teenager. So what do you guys think, will Ash ever get older or just stay the same age forever?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
No. This is Shonen(kid's) anime, which's genre is action-adventure. Ash has been frachise's cash cow for a long time. Many fangirls live with his image. Nope sorry.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
No. This is Shonen(kid's) anime, which's genre is action-adventure. Ash has been frachise's cash cow for a long time. Many fangirls live with his image. Nope sorry.

But so has Naruto, and it hasn't effected the popularity of the franchise one bit.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think it might not happen.By the way,I personally think it should happen.

zeno48

Zaker!
No, he could be on his 100th region and he would still look the same.

Rex Kamex

If I were running Pokemon, Ash would've aged to 15 by now... =P

Of course, it'd be a gradual age. His voice wouldn't even be different from what it is now. (Well, I'm thinking of his Japanese voice. I dunno what they'd do for the American dub.) Nor would he have to look blatantly old.

But the writers haven't really done much in the show to keep track of time. They're not gonna keep Ash looking all young and then age him five years all of a sudden. As much as I wish they'd have spent time aging him (and everybody else- I don't think aging the characters would bring about the ruin to the series like others think it will), it's too late for that now. Except maybe at the end of the last Pokemon episode...

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Sure when they age The Simpsons as well. In otherwords probably not

As someone else said he doesn't necessary have to age, as of now he looks older then he was in S1, like 13-15 years old. Not all 13-15 year olds are taller then their mothers with muscles like some of the shows out there.

jackson_h

I believe there was an interview where Masamitsu Hidaka; the (former) storyboard artist and anime director said no matter how long Pokemon goes on for Ash will always be 10 years old.

here is the link
Second Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka - Many Interesting Points!

here's a highlight of the interview

Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
I say yes, It'll hit him like a train hits a cow, no one profits from it, and every one is covered in guts... there for not a pretty sight.

I really doubt it, but they might change the series to a different hero, and Ash might make a cameo as the champion/ or father/ or both.

yeminied

Ash will never age so long as he is in the same series.

He could age in a separate anime for the older fans but definitely not in the same series and time slot that it currently is everywhere in the world.

But besides, who's to say that he hasn't aged, as an above poster said, you don't need to have rippling muscles to show that you've aged, Ash might just be a late bloomer.

Here's another one for you. Who's to say that the Pokemon world follows the same time frame as we do. The anime has made no proper reference to the time of year so maybe their years are extremely loner than ours,

not likely.

Ash is not 10-year's old and it don't really matter what age he is, since the writers don't care about the ages in Pokemon anime anyways, Ash can still be older and look the same anyways.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
He is 10 years old but looks like 15-16. however his age won't change, it's an anime show.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I would like that to happen, an age bump would be cool for all the old characters.

The writers might be afraid of for how long the series might go, so they didn't wanted to have to drop Ash and bring a new fellow because now he is 25. So real time couldn't go with him.

They could probably do a 1 year up for each gen that goes in the games. That would make sense.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I think an age bump would do wonders for the show. They could bring back a slew of younger characters who have now grown up to be trainers (who wouldn't want to see Max's team) and could bring back older characters to see how much better they've gotten or how their personalities have changed. It would make room for a TON of new story, new adventures, new characters, and new content.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think an age bump would do wonders for the show. They could bring back a slew of younger characters who have now grown up to be trainers (who wouldn't want to see Max's team) and could bring back older characters to see how much better they've gotten or how their personalities have changed. It would make room for a TON of new story, new adventures, new characters, and new content.

Only if Max will return we can see if Ash is getting mature. if he won't return, and Brock won't leave, we can't know. or like you said if Ash will finish his journey.