• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash ever get Mega Evolution?

Alloutℯ

Banned
this probably means absolutely nothing, but ash's fantasy in yesterday's episode had a mega gyarados, so it looks like the show hasn't forgotten about mega evolution.

You're right, it's meaningless since it was obvious that Mega Evolution wouldn't just be retconned out of the show's continuity.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
A Mega Gyarados mention happened in the most recently aired SM episode. So maybe this is an indication that Mega Evolution will appear in the future episodes of the anime and Ash still might get one.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Please follow Sushi's rule and please don't post stuff that's not yet aired in the dub unless it's in spoiler tags. I only watch the dub and avoid the Spoilers and the Spoilers section

4. Post spoilers in the Anime Spoilers section! If you wish to discuss events that have not occurred outside Japan, use spoiler tags for your information or keep it to Anime Spoilers

Daizy

I call you honey
He might use Mega Evolution, just not in the SM saga since Z-Moves are what's relevant right now.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think the best chance honestly would be only if new Megas are introduced in a future game, and one of them is a Mega of a Pokémon Ash already has

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm going to revive this thread due to the recent news. Ironically, after saying earlier in this thread to please use spoiler tags because I avoid the Spoilers section, I actually will be posting a spoiler myself because I unfortunately was spoiled without even going to the spoilers section

Since
Misty and Brock
now have Megas, any chance for Ash? What do y'all think?

Red and Blue

I'm going to revive this thread due to the recent news. Ironically, after saying earlier in this thread to please use spoiler tags because I avoid the Spoilers section, I actually will be posting a spoiler myself because I unfortunately was spoiled without even going to the spoilers section

Since
Misty and Brock

Unless new megas are introduced in USUM, I doubt it. He may just focus on Z moves which are the gimmick of this Gen.

Spyro39

Since
Misty and Brock

Doubt it. As I mentioned in the very first page of this thread, Mega Evolutions are no longer the main feature in Gen 7. The main feature are Z-moves, so the writers want Ash to keep using Z-moves to market them for Gen 7.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'd like to see Ash with a Mega Charizard Y, since Trevor's one disappointed me greatly at the Kalos League.

I don't think you're the only one. I'd love to see Ash get a Mega Charizard Y. Before he got Ash-Greninja, I was certain that if he and Alain would have battled, he would have had a Mega Charizard Y to face off against Alain's Mega Charizard X. Think of the merchandise that would have sold and the hype that a battle between those two Megas would have raised.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd like to see Ash with a Mega Charizard Y, since Trevor's one disappointed me greatly at the Kalos League.

I always thought that Satoshi would've been a better candidate to use Mega Lizardon Y at the Kalos League, instead of Trova doing so. Watching Satoshi's hypothetical Mega Lizardon Y versus Alain's Mega Lizardon X would've entertained me more than seeing Satoshi-Gekkouga in the last Kalos League match.