• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash get a fire-type pokemon in Sinnoh?

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Um, yes he did! It was Torkoal!

I think he mixed up Hoenn with his main Battle Frontier team. But I like the Cyndaquil idea, however unlikely it may be. I think the Chimchar vs Zangoose episode will clear up this question.

sippy_juice

Anvils are awesome
Who says Ash is going to get a new fire type? Considering the complete lack of Sinnoh fire types, it seems much more likely that he'll either bring back an old one if he needs it, or just go without. Just because it happened in previous seasons, doesn't mean it will happen now.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
[spoil]Call me crazy, but i think there is a chance that the Chimchar VS>Zangoose episode could be Ash's chimchar

Paul has Torterra
Ash has Turtwig

So whats wrong if Paul has a Chimchar and Ash also has one

Or they both might get all the starters

Paul might get the final evos with Ash having the basic ones

The basics will win and Ash will show Paul that evolving is not the difference( well, it isnt on pokemon crater)[/spoil]

[Spoiler Tags added by Dogasu]

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
I guess ash will get either Chimchar or Magmortar, because I do not think that he will have other old pokemon than Pikachu. Aipom does not count. I am sure it will evolve.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I guess Chimchar if Paul adbandoes it, Magmortar, or get Charizard for help.

charizard92

well im pretty sure that he will have a fire pokemon but he might get pauls chimchar cause it looses again and paul is through dealing with it loosing or a new chimchar or magmortar but i rele dont see ash having a magmortar

charizard92

he mite cause paul mite abandon his and ash catches it

Raccario

I think if he does, it will either be a Magmortar or other gen, pokemon, cuz he will not likely get an Chimchar-Infernape, and it is extremely unlikely he will get heatran, but i dont think he will get either.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Maybe get a Magmorter to rival Pauls Elekid that will be an Electivire by the time Ash gets it. I just don't understand

[spoil]why the hell they gave him a Torterra..? What does that leave Ash? Paul has two starters with him, one an evolved from of Ash's and the other to easily beat it. I want Paul to leave Chimchar and Ash to get it, but then what about Magmorter... well I guess Dawn got two waters... lol. idk. Im confuzzled.[/spoil]

Typo

been a while
I guess ash will get either Chimchar or Magmortar, because I do not think that he will have other old pokemon than Pikachu. Aipom does not count. I am sure it will evolve.

Have you really seen Ampipom? It.Is.Ugly.

I think it will get a chimchar. Unless it gets a Jhoto fire type. I want them to bring back Cyndiquil.

Cobalt_Latios

Personally, Ash doesn't need any fire types. I'm sure most people who played through DP their first time didn't have a fire type on their team, but they made due anyways. I'm certain that at some point, Ash will acquire another Poke that will fill in a much needed position on his team. We just don't know yet.

If it is at all possible, I don't see why Aipom couldn't learn Fire Punch. I mean, it knows Focus Punch, so why not Fire Punch?... Well, after having done some research, he can't learn it. Period. So that eliminates that possibility. One of the few options that exists that doesn't conflict much with anything, is the possibility of Ash getting a Stunky, that evolves into Skuntank and learns Flamethrower. That's about it.

At least, to keep myself from treading on thin ice anyways.

(and in case you're wondering why I bolded "few", it's because I'm aware that there are other ideas, but there aren't many.)

~C_L~

Zan-chan

Why not?
I doubt he'll get a Chimchar. If Diamond and Pearl is anything like the previous parts of the series, Ash will have a variety of Pokemon, meaning no two Pokemon in his party will be too similar. And in case you haven't yet noticed, Ash already has a primate-like Pokemon on his team: Aipom. 'Nuff said. I personally believe that the Magmortar theory--while also sort of different than the usual "mold" the series seems to have--is actually more likely.

wolftzan

A Maelstrom Of Power
Do you remember how in the Hoenn Saga, a few Sinnoh pokemon were introduced:Bonsly, Munchlax, Weavile...? What if Ash catches a pokemon from the next region? I mean in the Hoenn Saga, May got a Munchlax and Brock got a Bonsly. Besides I don't see Ash catching a fire tipe from this region.

neptune_84

It's go time!
I cant for defo, but where we saw gary had a electrive ash could end up catchin a magmar or magby and it evolvin to magmortar by the time he hits the league.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I seriously doubt he'll get a fire type this time unless it is Chimchar, Magmortar doesn't logically work at all on Ash, and quite frankley after the shaft Torkoal got they'd be better off just letting Charizard handle things when he ABSOLUTELY needs a fire type.

Satoshi Tajiri

Do the birdie dance!
I hope that he gets NO fire-type in sinnoh. It was cliched and boring