• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash get a new capture/evolution during Dawn's Grand Festival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Not so much the appeals. The battles usually get shafted in Contests. They end up going so fast, and the Pokemon hardly ever show off their skills. Alot of times, it seems some people's wins came really cheap.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I think that Buneary will evolve during the GF to give Dawn a major boost but not enough to win

I'd say the battles will go like

Top 16
Dawn vs Kenny - Wins with whatever her new pokemon(i'm hoping cyndaquil) is and maybe piplup

Quarter Finals
Dawn vs Zoey - Buneary and Lets say Pachi for the hell of it battle Glameow and her johto pokemon, Pachirisu gets taken out and it's just Buneary left and that's when the soothe bell that Ash gave Dawn for luck at the start of the GF kicks in and makes buneary evolve and beat Glameow and the other one lol

Semi Finals
Dawn vs Nando = Dawn can go in all cocky with Lopunny and Mamoswine but ends up being beaten due to a bad pairing of pokemon

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Could be possible. I think it would be a pokemon that might get an evolution in the next generation. Like Aipom.

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
I think that either buizel should evolve or two of ash's pokemon learn new moves (cough buizel, monferno).
I think that the grand festival should go for four episodes:
1st: Meet up with rivals, first appeal round.
2nd: second appeal round, ash's training, start first of battle rounds
3rd: continuing first battle, second battle
4th: dawn loss, rest of gf.

I think the battles will be like:

top 32/16: dawn vs kenny
top 16/8: dawn vs jessilina (she can still make it lol)
top 8/4: dawn vs zoey (loss now, beats her at possible next gf)

^Maybe Monferno will learn a new attack in GF. I mean it needs a powerful fire type move now that it has gained more power. Flame Wheel and Flamethrower look old now. Its time to learn Flare Blitz.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Hmmmm, I could see the possibility of these Pokemon evolving: Buizel, Monferno & Grotle (maybe)
As for a capture...I don't think Ash will catch anything, but maybe a new capture for Brock? Hopefully...

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
well. I don't think he will catch anything new since he doesn't have time to train whatever pokemon he will catch and he already has all of his 6 team whos ready to battle (people DO NOT give them a chance its not fair :/ ) i say someone will evolve but i am not too sure whether it will be Monferno or Grotle... but i would say (and hope) its monferno

JD

A new move would be great for monferno but I think maybe blast burn or focus blast would be better to learn at the gf since flare blitz would look like volt tackle most likely.

thunderblade12

^Dawn might beat Nando this time but she will probably lose to either Kenny or Zoey. But who knows maybe we will never see Nando again.

I don't think they'll have her lose to Kenny against since she just lost a contest to him. So we've got Dawn, Nando, Kenny, Zoey, and possibly Jessie and Kotone...wow..

Dawn - She'll probably beat a few GF-only characters and Kenny but then lose to Zoey..

Nando - I think he'll be the older, more mature character that wins the GF. Like Robert and Solidad before him

Zoey - I think she'll make it further than Dawn or Kenny but lose to Nando..

Kenny - He'll probably lose to Dawn in the middle of the GF

Jessie - I really doubt she's going to make it at this point. Unless there's some kind of time skip between when Dawn wins her 5th ribbon and the start of the GF there's almost no chance. A time skip like the 3 month period Ash usually has to wait for the league after earning his 8th badge. Jessie could easily earn them off screen with a short time skip but even if she made it to the GF I doubt she'd make it far

Kotone - We don't even know if she's a coordinator yet, I'd rather her be a trainer/coordinator than a Pokethlon trainer though. And if she is a ccordinator she might not even be competing in the Sinnoh GF, she could just be visiting from Johto like May did.

It would be disapoiting if Jessie gets all the ribbons, but then loses in the appeals.
I doubt Dawn will win over Nando, but I can see her beat Kenny.
Zoey... I got different thoughs about who will win.

Nando will properly win. He should rather be like Solidad, just appear at the Grand Festival instead of the beginning of the region.

And Kotone should be a trainer, but we'll just wait and see.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I think Dawn will have another captured pokemon by the grand festival. Ash on the other hand has six pokemon with him so I dont think he will catch another one in Sinnoh. As for evolution, I think none of Dawn's remaining pokemon will evolve and either Buizel or Monferno can evolve for Ash by then.

I think Dawn gonna beat Nando this time. If not Dawn then Zoey. They both have got a battle to equal themself to Nando and we shouldn't remember he is not that old trainer like Ash or Paul. He started alongside Dawn and before meeting them he didn't even knew what to do. Comparing him to Robert or Solidad is asking too much from a immature character.

As for Jessie I think she will beat Zoey this time. She has already beaten Kenny so maybe this time its Zoey time or even Nando.

I'm still hoping that Ash makes another capture before the end of the DP Saga, but I'm not holding my breath. As for the whole Totodile evolving thing, I think it's evolution into Croconaw and Feraligatr will happen slowly over 2 or 3 seasons like Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile. Instead of evolving quickly like Charmander, Chickorita and Turtwig.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Chimchar can't learn Blast Burn?

Under normal circumstances only the Final Evolution of a Starter can learn the Elemental Hyper Beams. The Johto Starters from Pokemon XD are the lone exception.

lucario750

pokemon master
Considering Buizel's history with Dawn, and since it's probably Ash's least remarkable pokemon currently, I can see it evolving during the Grand Festival, partly to learn Ice Fang

you thin buizel going the elvolved right but your way wrong buizel wants to be the strongest it can be with out elvolving just like dawn piplup

also i think ash might get a hipwdon since it allways follow him just like ash apoim

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
Im Reality Turtwig was SLow and Staravia was a really fast evolustion

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
you thin buizel going the elvolved right but your way wrong buizel wants to be the strongest it can be with out elvolving just like dawn piplup

also i think ash might get a hipwdon since it allways follow him just like ash apoim

Hippowdon hasn't been seen for ages.

Piplup doesn't want to be the strongest it can be without evolving, it cherishes the memory of it and Dawn's first meeting. And it wants to take care of her as a Piplup.

It's never been said in the anime' that Buizel doesn't evolve, it just trains alot and wants to be strong. If anything, it would love to evolve since it would become stronger.
I don't give me the whole "But it beat it's evolved form.", that was just ONE trainer there's more than one Floatzel you know.

GO GO FLOATZEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.