• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash Use Reserves In The Alola League? Poll Tally!

Will Ash use his reserve Pokémon during the Alola League?

• Total voters

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
If reserves are happening, then Charizard and Bulbasaur will be used, I’d be happy to see Bulbasaur in action again since it’s appearances over the last decade have just been at Oak’s.

I’d love to see Totodile and Torterra come back for a battle though, both to get wins and redeem themselves like Noctowl did in Sinnoh.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I feel like Melmetal and Naganadel, the two potential choices, just feel so off when next to Rowlet and Torracat, so I’m hoping for reserves for that exact reason.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I'd much rather one Pokemon return and take the last slot if it's absolutely necessary. Like Greninja, Goodra, Squirtle, or Primeape coming back for good similar to Charizard in BW

Still dreaming about Ash meeting his Pidgeot in Alola and it being Ash's flying type for the league. Maybe even returning for good but the chances for it to happen is depressing *sigh*

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Every time that dragon comes back, it becomes Ash's ace. Unless Torracat becomes the next Pignite, Charizard will probably not come.
I’d love to see him not use Charizard and give his other Pokémon some time to shine, but I really can’t see it happening, if he’s using Oak Pokémon his Charizard will be there for sure to steal the spotlight.

Zariful

If Ash is using reserves, let him use Kingler. That pokemon hasn't made a physical appearance since Hoenn. Unless you count the best wishes photo.

ShadowForce720

It's kind of funny I mean, that we have one even numbered generation where Ash doesn't use his reserves at the league and suddenly some people think he will never use reserves again. I may point out the fact that while it wasn't at the league he did bring back his Charizard after the Unova league and had it on his team for the rest of the BW series, and then in the Sun and Moon series we got to see some of his reserves at Oak's lab.

Look I know there was whole thing that he was using reserves at the league during Even Number generations, but just because he didn't use his reserves at the Kalos league does not mean that it's some how likely that he will never use reserves again, heck if anything I wouldn't be that surprised if he does wind up using his reserves at the Alolan League considering this generation has been acknowledging the past more.

But even if he doesn't use reserves at the league I highly doubt that it somehow means that it is likely that he will never use reserves at the league again.

It's kind of funny I mean, that we have one even numbered generation where Ash doesn't use his reserves at the league and suddenly some people think he will never use reserves again. I may point out the fact that while it wasn't at the league he did bring back his Charizard after the Unova league and had it on his team for the rest of the BW series, and then in the Sun and Moon series we got to see some of his reserves at Oak's lab.

Look I know there was whole thing that he was using reserves at the league during Even Number generations, but just because he didn't use his reserves at the Kalos league does not mean that it's some how likely that he will never use reserves again, heck if anything I wouldn't be that surprised if he does wind up using his reserves at the Alolan League considering this generation has been acknowledging the past more.

But even if he doesn't use reserves at the league I highly doubt that it somehow means that it is likely that he will never use reserves at the league again.
That even numbered thing is nonsense. Johto doesn't count because he was using his Kanto mons in the entire region. So he only really used reserves in Sinnoh. The first and last time.

ShadowForce720

That even numbered thing is nonsense. Johto doesn't count because he was using his Kanto mons in the entire region. So he only really used reserves in Sinnoh. The first and last time.

Even still just because he didn't use reserves at the Unova and Kalos league doesn't automatically mean that he will never use reserves again. Also how is using Charizard in the 1st and 8th gym battles and using it along with Bulbsaur and Squirtle at the league while outside of those things they weren't really used, them being used the entire Johto region.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

I think the reason ash was using reserves in sinnoh was to make certain to paul that he wont be using those same pokemon that he used in lake acuity match which he end up using anyways and hence his plan to sacrifice 2 pokemon wouldn't be needed hence souring some part of the match.

Even still just because he didn't use reserves at the Unova and Kalos league doesn't automatically mean that he will never use reserves again. Also how is using Charizard in the 1st and 8th gym battles and using it along with Bulbsaur and Squirtle at the league while outside of those things they weren't really used, them being used the entire Johto region.
Bulbasaur left in EP225 and Charizard was used again in EP253. That's a whopping 27 episode without a Kanto mon. Come on dude.

ShadowForce720

Bulbasaur left in EP225 and Charizard was used again in EP253. That's a whopping 27 episode without a Kanto mon. Come on dude.

Except it's not they were being used in a majority of the gym battles, come on dude they were not used the entire of the Johto region if anything even though they were on Ash's team they didn't really do that much outside of the league and Charizard participating in the 1st and 8th gym battles. I mean your acting like they were active member of Ash's team during the Johto region which they weren't really as active your trying imply, heck there presence wasn't really that noticeable except for when they were leaving and in the 1st and 8th gym battles and the league.

Except it's not they were being used in a majority of the gym battles, come on dude they were not used the entire of the Johto region if anything even though they were on Ash's team they didn't really do that much outside of the league and Charizard participating in the 1st and 8th gym battles. I mean your acting like they were active member of Ash's team during the Johto region which they weren't really as active your trying imply, heck there presence wasn't really that noticeable except for when they were leaving and in the 1st and 8th gym battles and the league.
Alright, keep trying to convince yourself.

ShadowForce720

Alright, keep trying to convince yourself.

You keep saying that, oh the Kanto starters were used the entire region, and yet all you do is mockingly say "keep trying to convince" and saying that oh well they didn't leave until "x" episode, however outside of Charizard being used in the 1st and 8th gym battles, and all of them being used at the league and having a episode where they leave to make room for some more Johto pokemon, really what they really do, because saying they used in the entire Johto region implies that they were actually relevant for almost or most if not all of Johto.

Which you haven't said anything to prove that they were as relevant as your trying to imply and no just because Ash had them on him for a lot of the region doesn't mean that they are relevant for the entire region.

You keep saying that, oh the Kanto starters were used the entire region, and yet all you do is mockingly say "keep trying to convince" and saying that oh well they didn't leave until "x" episode, however outside of Charizard being used in the 1st and 8th gym battles, and all of them being used at the league and having a episode where they leave to make room for some more Johto pokemon, really what they really do, because saying they used in the entire Johto region implies that they were actually relevant for almost or most if not all of Johto.

Which you haven't said anything to prove that they were as relevant as your trying to imply and no just because Ash had them on him for a lot of the region doesn't mean that they are relevant for the entire region.
I don't have to 'prove' anything. I couldn't care less about what you think. If you want to fool yourself, so be it.

ShadowForce720

I don't have to 'prove' anything. I couldn't care less about what you think. If you want to fool yourself, so be it.

Dude, just because you don't like what I'm saying and you try to say I'm fooling myself, doesn't me I'm wrong. So basically your not able to win the argument because you haven't shown proof of the Kanto starters being relevant in most if not all of Johto, so you resort to trying insult me. Just to let you know but when you have to resort to insults just because don't like what someone is saying then your hurting your argument, because people tend to only resort to insult when they can't think of anyway to counter what someone said.

Dude, just because you don't like what I'm saying and you try to say I'm fooling myself, doesn't me I'm wrong. So basically your not able to win the argument because you haven't shown proof of the Kanto starters being relevant in most if not all of Johto, so you resort to trying insult me. Just to let you know but when you have to resort to insults just because don't like what someone is saying then your hurting your argument, because people tend to only resort to insult when they can't think of anyway to counter what someone said.
What the hell are you talking about? I'm not trying to win a argument. My opinion is that Johto doesn't count in the even numbered leagues thing. I don't care if you agree.

Where did I insult you, snowflake?

ShadowForce720

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not trying to win a argument. My opinion is that Johto doesn't count in the even numbered leagues thing. I don't care if you agree.

Where did I insult you, snowflake?

Well first off in regards to insulted me here in the bold part of the quote:

Also don't call me snowflake. Also during a lot of this converstation you been using a mocking tone, and if you seriously don't care if I agree then why are you trying to mock me and why are you getting so mad, and further more you keep responding.