• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash Use Reserves In The Alola League? Poll Tally!

Will Ash use his reserve Pokémon during the Alola League?

• Total voters

DatsRight

Ash will let Lillie borrow Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Greninja, which she will use to win the league.

I actually wouldn't mind if Lillie borrowed Pikachu, he's the one Pokemon among the other students that she's had some palpable development with. Add to that it could allow the rest of Ash's team to get some needed battle time, plus a potential Ash vs Pikachu battle would be interesting in action.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that any of the companions will borrow Ash's Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I actually wouldn't mind if Lillie borrowed Pikachu, he's the one Pokemon among the other students that she's had some palpable development with. Add to that it could allow the rest of Ash's team to get some needed battle time, plus a potential Ash vs Pikachu battle would be interesting in action.

So basically at the expense of showing Lillie's actually growth they should just instead have her borrow pokemon from Ash just to show off his pokemon, look while sure I would like to see Ash's reserves in battle again I don't want it to be a case of where your sacrificing another main character that is participating in the league growth just to show them off. Because no matter how you try to argue it will mean a lot more for Lillie and show her progress to see how far she can get with pokemon that she raised herself and that she owns rather then just having her show off how good another trainer is by using their pokemon.

If anything if she was going to borrow a pokemon it would be better if she used her ride Altaria as she actually had a bond with it and she actually has used it somewhat.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lillie can borrow Pokemon from her mother, not from her competition.

At worst, she gets a 3-on-3 battle using Snowy, Clefable, and maybe Magearna. At best, she adds Absol, Liligant, and Milotic for a 6-0n-6.

DatsRight

So basically at the expense of showing Lillie's actually growth they should just instead have her borrow pokemon from Ash just to show off his pokemon, look while sure I would like to see Ash's reserves in battle again I don't want it to be a case of where your sacrificing another main character that is participating in the league growth just to show them off. Because no matter how you try to argue it will mean a lot more for Lillie and show her progress to see how far she can get with pokemon that she raised herself and that she owns rather then just having her show off how good another trainer is by using their pokemon.

If anything if she was going to borrow a pokemon it would be better if she used her ride Altaria as she actually had a bond with it and she actually has used it somewhat.

I'm not saying it's the ideal option, but more if they needed to give Lillie a secondary, Pikachu is one Pokemon besides Snowy that she's bonded with, used in battle, and actually formed legit character development with.

This is only really under the assumption the battles aren't going to have full teams, and Ash wouldn't crippled be by loaning his signature.

More likely Magearna will come into play, though given how long they're holding that off, it's debatable how much Magearna would represent Lillie's growth if used either.

ShadowForce720

I'm not saying it's the ideal option, but more if they needed to give Lillie a secondary, Pikachu is one Pokemon besides Snowy that she's bonded with, used in battle, and actually formed legit character development with.

This is only really under the assumption the battles aren't going to have full teams, and Ash wouldn't crippled be by loaning his signature.

More likely Magearna will come into play, though given how long they're holding that off, it's debatable how much Magearna would represent Lillie's growth if used either.

The thing Pikachu has been for Ash so long that any wins Lillie gets with it would be seen more of how good a trainer Ash is and not how good of a trainer Lillie actually is. The thing with Magearna is that even if it has spent that much time with Lillie by the time of the league it's not like anyone else would have trained Magearna.

Red and Blue

Lending Lillie his Pikachu? Yeah that's not happening, lol

Why would she even need him when Pokefan confirmed she'll use Magearna?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lending Lillie his Pikachu? Yeah that's not happening, lol

Why would she even need him when Pokefan confirmed she'll use Magearna?
I agree. I highly doubt that Ash will lend anyone his Pokemon, let alone Pikachu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
One question you're ignoring here is: If ash dodesn't really deserve it, who does? Gladion? Maybe, but given the narrative he has as much of a chance as Ash, Kukui? We don't even know if he's participating, Guzma? He doesn't even like the concept of the league, Hau? He's too much of a rookie, Ilima? His chances are high, but as far as deserving it, he's an incredibly bland character whose whole shtick is to be a mr.perfect guy, so IDK if he really deserves it

I don't think Hau winning would be out of the question since he can easily improve off-screen and show up at the League with a strong team much like what we saw with Shouta. But Gladio seems like the strongest rival so far in SM, so his chances of winning seem pretty good to me right now. Satoshi winning with or without reserves just isn't very plausible to me, regardless.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't think Hau winning would be out of the question since he can easily improve off-screen and show up at the League with a strong team much like what we saw with Shouta. But Gladio seems like the strongest rival so far in SM, so his chances of winning seem pretty good to me right now. Satoshi winning with or without reserves just isn't very plausible to me, regardless.
gladion is the main rival, he has as much of a chance as ash does, and the problem with hau winning is that unless he doesn't fight ash or has an alolan raichu that pulls off an electrivire, it'd mean that rowlet will be ash's last mon in the league

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I think he might call on one of his older mons just for the sake of having six Pokemon in case the Alola league has a full battle portion, but I think Charizard might be the one who comes back because: 1. he's super popular, 2. he's very reliable in battle, and 3. it would serve as extra Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promo.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think he might call on one of his older mons just for the sake of having six Pokemon in case the Alola league has a full battle portion, but I think Charizard might be the one who comes back because: 1. he's super popular, 2. he's very reliable in battle, and 3. it would serve as extra Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promo.
Kiawe: Hey, Ash! You didn't tell me you had a Charizard!

Ash: Oops! I forgot!

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
He was the 2nd best in Kalos. If they make Ash stay again in number 8, it wil prove the writers are idiots.

So, yes, I would like Ash to bring his reserves for this league.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't think there will even be a full battle tbh. Ash's two big opponents for the league are Kiawe and Gladion and neither have six pokemon so he should be fine with the 5 he has now. Besides, Meltan and Torracat both need some battles in their names so let him just use his current pokemon.