1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will Ash Use Reserves In The Sinnoh League?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Lucille, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucille

Lucille Well-Known Member

I don't know if there was a thread like this already, I couldn't find one. Also this doesn't belong in the Next Pokemon Thread because there Pokemon that Ash already HAS, not Pokemon he MAY obtain or MIGHT evolve.

To be honest, I can't see Ash doing that well in the Sinnoh League with his current team. Especially against Paul. Paul's pokemon are all stacked and incredibly powerful, while Ash's need training. So, why doesn't Ash bring back a few Pokemon for the Sinnog league? He did it in Kanto and he did it in Johto. If he would of done so, in the Hoenn league, he could of made it farther easily.

A good question, is what Pokemon could Ash use from Oak's in his Sinnoh League campaign, well I have made a list of some Pokemon that could be rather useful.

Kingler,
    Tauros,
    Charizard,
    Bulbasaur,
    Squirtle,
    Snorlax,
    Sceptile,
    Glalie
    and
    Swellow.

All of those are some of Ash's strongest Pokemon and could help him win the Sinnoh League. Any thoughts, or comments?

2. Isis-sama

Isis-sama Well-Known Member

He won't use his reserves in the Sinnoh League. The writers are using more or less the same pattern for Sinnoh that they did in Hoenn, so Ash will be using only the Pokemon he raised in Sinnoh, not any of the others.

If they decide to have another filler saga, he may use them there, however.

3. glalieguy

glalieguy Almost there, buddy.

oh man, I wish! For me the best team that he could use in the sinnoh leauge is:
    Pikachu
    Sceptile
    Buizel( if squirtle's still busy in the squirtle squad)
    Donphan/ Snorlax
    Glalie
    Charizard( if chimchar doesn't evolve)

If he uses that team he's surefire to make it into the top 4

EDIT: my bad I forgot I put sceptile in the roster. Im using my phone, little screen.:D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  4. Lucille

Lucille Well-Known Member

^ Ash doesn't need Bulbasaur if he has Sceptile

5. Faerie

Faerie MONS

I think he will. He used them for most of the other leagues, and even though we're not too far through the Sinnoh series yet, his team isn't really shaping up as much as he needs to be able to use them solely in the league.

I can see him pulling out Kingler in particular, because that one was a heck of a tank in the leagues when he used it. Tauros maybe, but I doubt it. Squirtle is pretty much a no, especially if he uses Kingler. Sceptile would also make sense. I would love to see Glalie again - that thing got so little screentime after it evolved, it wasn't even funny.

Of his current pokemon, he'll definitely use Gliscor, and Pikachu is a no-brainer.

6. Ragnarofl

Ragnarofl Binkan Binkan Binkan

Hopefully not. At least not more than a couple. And not against Paul.

7. MLock47

MLock47 Well-Known Member

yeah i agree.
    i dont think he will use reserves in the league. but rather in the filler if there is one. and his strongest team imo so far:

pikachu
    charizard
    sceptile
    donphan
    snorlax
    glalie

8. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

I seriously hope we don't see the shadow of the old team in the Sinnoh League. I don't want the Sinnoh Team to get cheated out of a league like the Johto Team.

What's the point of wasting time raising this team if he's not going to use them in the most important event of the series?

I will be happy to see old members of the team be in his team for a filler saga but when it comes to the league, the far the old members are from returning the better for me.

9. Durden

Durden .

as Dax said, whats the point of raising them if they're not going to be used in the league?

The only reason I can think of is if he would win the league (afterall, it has been pretty much foreshadowing for this), and then get to meet the four peeps at the top. Then he'd be able to use all his Pokemon, including the old ones.

10. Ash6K

Ash6K 8D

I hope Ash pulls a Hoenn in Sinnoh and uses his Sinnoh team for the league and if there's going to be BF again (which I personally hope for), then Ash can use his reserves.

Not to mention, with an actual rival in Sinnoh who's pokemon seem to have "rivalries" with Ash's pokemon, the Sinnoh team definitely derserves to have the league all to themselves.

11. DanChimchar

DanChimchar Friends are Diamonds

I say he using his Sinnoh team for the League but if he wins (Highly dought full) He should use his whole team like his kanto johto hoenn and stuff

12. Faerie

Faerie MONS

You have a point there, but honestly speaking, it's very likely that Ash will use his reserves, considering that he used them in every other league. If we have a League at all (considering that there was the Grand Festival in Hoenn instead of a League), it's very likely that he will use reserves.

13. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

I don't get your point.:(

He didn't use the old members in every other league. In the Hoenn League it was all down to the members of his Hoenn team. I don't know what you mean by the Grand Festival instead of the Hoenn League because there was a Pokemon League in Hoenn and Ash never competed in the Grand Festival since the Grand Festival is only for coordinators (in that case May).

Did I misunderstand your post? Because I'm confused.:p

14. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

If they don't start shaping his team to make it look more capable, they ain't gonna have a choice.

After all, other than Pikachu if Ash challenges Paul with any unevolved pokemon, then the match isn't going to be very believable.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Sceptile and Charizard get used myself, if only cause those two and Snorlax could destroy all of Paul's pokemon and look good doing it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  15. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

If the Sinnoh League has alot of battles to fully show, then I say go ahead.

However, I hope they mix in his new ones with his reserves more evenly. And when I say reserves, I mean the ones we don't see alot like Muk, Noctowl, or hell even Glalie and Torkoal.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

The longer Sinnoh goes on, the less I'm against his old Pokemon returning for the league.

Who doesn't want to see Kingler or Muk used again? They were ignored in Battle Frontier and I'd like to see them back in action.

Also seeing some Hoenn favorites like Sceptile, Glalie and even Swellow/Corphish again would be great.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

17. npdargy312

npdargy312 Master Coordinator

I don't think he will use any until he goes to the battle frontier in Sinnoh.

18. bookist

bookist Well-Known Member

he might and charizards is a good possibility.

19. GepeTo

GepeTo Active Member

I think he'll use only sinnoh pokemons, he'll catch one more poke then in the league charizard will feel that ash needs help and will fly to sinnoh league.

20. YukiJadenSurvives

YukiJadenSurvives Well-Known Member

Bulbasaur should evolve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.