• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash Use Reserves In The Sinnoh League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he'll catch more pokemon and use all the pokemon he has and the new ones he catches. Sure he has Charizard, Sceptile, kingler, snorlax, and others but he likes challenges.
I personally would like to see Charizard alot more

Lucille

Paul has Pokemon that are TANKS. Ash has Pokemon with the exception of Gliscor that are WIMPY. He needs his reserves.

richard

Fire Master
Ash pokemon are not shaping up that much at all to me. I know there is probably more time. But if they don't shape up, he will have no choice but to use his reserves.

So far I see Pikachu, Gliscor, his future Staraptor, hopefully Chimchar evolves, and maybe Buizel against Paul.

Right now, Satoshi's team is VERY underdeveloped, both in strength and personality. I'm seeing Johto everywhere I look. I hope they have something big planned, though. I can't take another Johto. His team has a TON of potential that shouldn't be wasted. Yeah, it's your average Sinnoh team (Minus Gliscor, of course...unless you trade Gligar from another game....hehehehe.), but it's shown it can be strong. All he needs to do is use his head (uh oh.), and his current team can do A LOT in the Sinnoh league. He'll probably use maybe...one or two reserves, in case one of his Sinnoh Pokemon is "unable" to battle or something, butyeah.
We don't need another Johto.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well, if his team maps out like i think it will...He should do fine..

Enters the league with:

Pikachu
Grotle
Staraptor
Monferno
Buizel
Gliscor

During the league, Monferno evolves, changing the team to:

Pikachu
Grotle
Infernape
Staraptor
Buizel
Gliscor

With Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor, Staraptor and Buizel (remember its already classed as a powerhouse), he should do just fine.

;)

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well, if his team maps out like i think it will...He should do fine..

Enters the league with:

Pikachu
Grotle
Staraptor
Monferno
Buizel
Gliscor

During the league, Monferno evolves, changing the team to:

Pikachu
Grotle
Infernape
Staraptor
Buizel
Gliscor

With Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor, Staraptor and Buizel (remember its already classed as a powerhouse), he should do just fine.

;)

I disagree, if anything Buizel BETTER evolve to break this non evolving water chain the writers seem to love, and unlike Corphish who had the debatable dark type evo, there's nothing holding Buizel holding back.

Also, if Ash is to get Infernape i'd prefer it happen before the league or at least not during the battle with Paul as that would be a rather big cop out way for Ash to win.

richard

Fire Master
I hoping Buizel evolves too. Kingler is his only fully evolved water pokemon, which he never used after the Kanto League. I am surprise that some people remember Kingler.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I would hate to see Ash use his reserves, to be honest. He hasn't even called on one of them yet, even for the likes of the Wallace Cup (where Totodile would have been a very welcome addition!). And I'm still angry about the Kanto glory-stealing of the final Brandon battle, when two Hoenn members had come so close only to be defeated.

randomspot555

First, he won't be using any Pokemon besides Pikachu+Sinnoh natives in the gym battles. The League, yeah, he might bring some Pokes back, but Sinnoh+Pika get first dibs.

I could see possibly him asking to borrow Ambipom. Maybe. Despite it being a contest Poke, it still has the skills to battle.

To be honest, I can't see Ash doing that well in the Sinnoh League with his current team. Especially against Paul. Paul's pokemon are all stacked and incredibly powerful, while Ash's need training. So, why doesn't Ash bring back a few Pokemon for the Sinnog league? He did it in Kanto and he did it in Johto. If he would of done so, in the Hoenn league, he could of made it farther easily.

A Pokemon is as powerful or as weak as the story needs it to be. No Pokemon, including Pauls, have an established, definitive strength, nor are anybody's Pokemon unbeatable.

Hasn't even been seen in any meaningful role since Johto and battled and hasn't really ever been trained. The anime makes a big deal out of friendship and bonds and crap like that, and this Pokemon is almost a stranger to Ash.

He didn't even make a return in the Battle Frontier, probably because Corphish is too similar.

Same as above, but it at least returned in Battle Frontier for two episodes, and has a history of overcoming big odds. But even watching it battle is boring, since all of it's moves are variations of Tackle.

I also don't consider it to be very powerful, rather than getting lucky..a lot.

Charizard,

Has the advantage of being one of the more recognized Pokes outside of Pikachu...but is really powerful in the anime. I doubt it'll appear in the League. Wait for a Battle Zone season.

Bulbasaur,

Despite it being powerful, it's moves are just like Turtwigs. Pretty boring to watch a battle.

Squirtle,

Same as above. Strong due to being a legacy character, but there are more interesting water types to watch, though it's Hydro Pump is pretty cool., and a Rapid Spinner could help with any Stealth Rock users.

I don't know if Ash wants to risk it getting tired. Powerful, but unreliable.

Sceptile,

In a smaller battle like a battle frontier 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, sure. But it's not much of a team player. But if some grass type had to return, I'd choose this guy.

I honestly don't even know what this is.

Way too similar to Staravia. Not very likely. If any bird was going to come back, it'd be Noctowl due to it's psychic abilities, which is really the only thing Ash doesn't have.

Muk would be interesting to absorb physical attacks and then Explode, but I doubt any main character would order their Pokemon to do that due to some censorship or anti-bonidng crap.

And to get Heracross out of the way, I love the guy and all, but he hasn't really been well trained. He's got the potential to be strong, but I don't think he's as reliable as others like Charizard.

After all, other than Pikachu if Ash challenges Paul with any unevolved pokemon, then the match isn't going to be very believable.

...The anime has never been believable, starting with a nearly untrained Pikachu taking down an entire flock of dozens of Spearows, and then beating Onix with electric attacks.

Last edited:

savits721

ash should put staravia on the shelf or whatever, travel back to kanto, and find his pidgeot. yeah.

randomspot555

You went into great detail about why Ash wouldn't use them again. While all of them have been helpful in the past he could use them again. He has no reason not to.

I'm sorry for not just posting OMGZERS i wat d0phan to rturn t0 ash's temz teh best?

He has a big reason not to: It's the Sinnoh League. It should be his Sinnoh team that has a chance to shine. The others have already had their chance in their respective leagues, sometimes in multiple ones.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There's no point in arguing because nobody knows what the writers will do.

For all we know the league might be twice as long this time allowing Ash to use a lot of his older Pokemon again, nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.