• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash Use Reserves In The Sinnoh League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Seismic Toss + Close Combat combo...

I can imagine it now, Charizard uses Seismic Toss. Just as the opponent is about to hit the ground, Infernape uses Close Combat and sends it flying to the wall....

Your post is full of total win.

I think now that Ash can and will use reserves, but he will use his Sinnoh team as much as possible.

Or if there's a BF arc, Ash won't use reserves but will use them in the BF thingy.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I doubt it. If he pulls out 1, he wouldn't have any reason, to keep the rest Oaked. At best he could use Ambipom, which is not likely.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
It seems I agree with many people here. I believe that if there is a Battle Frontier Arc, Ash will use his reserves in that. However, even if there is not a Battle Frontier this time round, I still don't think he'll use them in the league.

He makes a point of training his Pokémon nowadays, and that should show in their performance in the league. Remember, he doesn't want to just win, he wants to prove his strength at training his friends.

During the Battle Frontier, I'm hoping the Battle Factory uses a similar tactic to the game, and Ash has to choose random Pokémon, swapping as he battles through Najiki's minions. At Najiki, I hope he'll also use rentals, and it will be a three-on-three.

For Keito at the Stage, I hope he'll use his more flashy Pokémon. Totodile is obvious here, as is Gliscor (who seems to enjoy showing Ash he can do things at the moment).

At Daria, I think he'll use Pokémon more related to using moves that win with luck. I'm honestly not sure who'll be used in this situation, but that's what I want to see.

In the Castle, against Cochran, I want him to use Sceptile, Charizard, and Buizel/Floatzel. Three Pokémon who are extremely proud of themselves. I want them to lose.
On the second try, I want him to calm down a tad and use Kingler, Muk and Pikachu.

Finally, against Palmer. Anything goes here. I'd like to see them all in battle to be honest, but I don't really mind.

Iota

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
He might use some, such as Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax, and these only against the stronger opponents.

Mudkip8003

This is what I think, use Sinnoh Pokes and Ambipom (it was his before!) in the first few battles and then bring his grand revrses in the final battles.

This is what I think his final battle(agenst Paul) will have in a singal battle:
Picachu
Charaizard
Septile
Tortara
Infernape
Dolphan

Mudkip8003

This is what I think, use Sinnoh Pokes and Ambipom in the first few battles and then bring his Oaked Pokes in the final battles.

This is what I think his final battle(agenst Paul) will have in a singal battle:
Picachu
Charaizard
Septile
Tortara
Infernape
Dolphan

alli940

I can see you
it would be a killer if ash would meet up with his kingler again *sigh* but everyone knows that it wont happen. it would be cool if he would use some of them. but i havent really seen any episode except for the first ones so what really happent about some of them. i mean didnt he realese some of them and gave away some others?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
it would be a killer if ash would meet up with his kingler again *sigh* but everyone knows that it wont happen. it would be cool if he would use some of them. but i havent really seen any episode except for the first ones so what really happent about some of them. i mean didnt he realese some of them and gave away some others?

Charizard is training at the Charific Valley (He can be called upon)
Squirtle is fighting fires with The Squirtle Squad (He can be called upon)

He released Butterfree to make babies...
He released Pidgeot to protect a bunch of Pidgey and Pidgeotto (Promised to return for it, but never did)
Haunter was left with Sabrina
Primeape went off with that guy to become a P1 champion (even though he won)
Lapras was returned to its family
Beedrill was given to Casey as soon as he captured it...
Larvitar went back to its mother
Aipom was traded to Dawn for Buizel

Bulbasaur, Tauros, Kingler, Muk, Snorlax, Heracross, Noctowl, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Torkoal, Glalie, Corphish, Swellow, Donphan and Sceptile are all rotting at Oaks lab...

On his team, he currently has Pikachu, Turtwig, Chimchar, Buizel, Staravia and Gliscor.

For some reason I can see Ash using his current team for the Sinnoh Conference.
But for the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, I can see him calling back Totodile, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Noctowl and Muk, don't know why, but I just can.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I hope he uses one or two, possibly one of his Sinnoh Pokémon gets sick and can't battle or something like that.

alli940

I can see you
it could be a nice special episode about all the pokemons on oaks lab. i can really imagine heracross sucking bulbasaurs thingy lol. and totodile jumping on top of snorlax XD. but thanx for the info shinycharizard.

Lucille

It would be cool, if someone in the Sinnoh League has a Charizard and Ash uses his Charizard to battle theres. totally epic, and badass

The Black Ninja

he will not use his pokemon he has with professor oke. he will use the pokemon he have with him

my pokemon pearl team

;389; ;135; ;419; ;398; ;065; ;411;

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
I want Ash to battle Paul in the League with his current team but for the rest of the trainers he can use his reserves like...Sceptile &.....Swellow of course^^

AstralEon

The one and only.
He has to use his other strong pokemon he has stored. Especially the Sinnoh League. Its the final epic battle and I dont want to see him with all of his Sinnoh raised pokemon.

If he shows up with his Sinnoh raised pokemon then I would be embarrassed and disappointed....

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
He has to use his other strong pokemon he has stored. Especially the Sinnoh League. Its the final epic battle and I dont want to see him with all of his Sinnoh raised pokemon.

If he shows up with his Sinnoh raised pokemon then I would be embarrassed and disappointed....

Since when is it the final one?

There will be more regions/leagues to come ya know.

Squaaah

The only way i'd be ok with Ash NOT using his reserves this league would be if the filler series is against the Elite four, and each Elite four battle is a six on six and he uses reserves for that.

Course thats not likely to happen.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Oh good topic!
Here is the list that i think he will use:
Charazard, Good agenst Pauls Torterra.
Toros, Just becouse he uses it alot and I think it has some power
Sceptile, Juns Emopleon
Swellow, Come on Staravia cant fight for crap UNLESS Staravia evolves and is good.

Also I am thinking Snorlax IDK why but he has used him in the Johto leage (I dont know about Hoenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.