• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash'a dad ever appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we've all seen Delia, but who is Ash's dad?

It's always bugged me.

And was she once in Team Rocket? I read that somewhere, not sure if it's true though.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Ah, been a while since we had one of these.

I mean we've all seen Delia, but who is Ash's dad?

It's always bugged me.

Reading the stickies is fun!
The Anime Discussion FAQs said:
Q: “Who is Ash's Father?”

A: No one truly knows, really.

He was mentioned, along with Ash's grandfather (Japan only) in the second episode of the original series. That was the first and last time he's mentioned in the show. There's absolutely no solid evidence to back up all the crazy crack theories and until the writers decide to reveal the identity of this mystery man (or mystery men, but no one really cares about Ash's grandfather, right? :p), we'll never know who he REALLY is. We know that he's a Pokemon Trainer, that's for certain. The way his mother talks about his alleged relatives in the Japanese version implies that being a Pokemon Trainer runs in the family. Other than that, we know zilch.

Novelizations of the anime by Takeshi Shudou (one of the writers for the original series) says that Ash's father is merely a wandering trainer of sorts, or something to that extent (although, whether or not these should be considered "canon" is debated among fans). In a recent interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, a storyboard artist for the anime, the above is confirmed and is very much true - Ash's father and grandfather are trainers. Not to mention, Ash's father is very much human.
Courtesy of Satoshi

And was she once in Team Rocket? I read that somewhere, not sure if it's true though.
You would be thinking of Pokemon Live, a non-cannonical musical which did, in fact, have Delia romantically involved with Giovanni in the past. In the anime itself, there is absolutely no evidence that Delia was ever involved with Team Rocket and/or Giovanni.

As for the question in the topic title...that's a question that's been asked so many times over the past decade that, honestly, there's never going to be much worth in topics about it. Unless there's a definite sign that Ash's father is going to appear in the anime, of course, but we haven't had one of those since...never.

And with all your questions dealt with, I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.