• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash's Charizard Mega Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Matt

Charagon
What do you guys think? Charizard is one of Ash's strongest pokemon, if not THE strongest he has. Do you think it will get to mega evolve? And if so, what version will it be? What would you guys like it to be?

fidjnr

What do you guys think? Charizard is one of Ash's strongest pokemon, if not THE strongest he has. Do you think it will get to mega evolve? And if so, what version will it be? What would you guys like it to be?

yes and with the Y megastone

Mera

Well Ash has a tendency to catch a team in a region and fight the championship with it, he might call in charizard? It would be the only place for it t happen.

raichu27

I hope so. Either version wouldn't matter to me. I'd like to see it win against the Champion's Mega Gardevoir or with Ash's Goodra learning Sludge Bomb and Dawn defeating Zoey becoming top coordinator at the same time, then with them visiting each other and telling each other on how they won, and possibly end up dating each other.

Last edited:

Mera

Except that Goodra stayed behind in the wetlands, Ash released it, he has a noibat now. However mega charizard would be awesome if he's going to battle the champion Y would be beest since X is part dragon. Y has drought and can use solarbeam in one turn as well as power up its fire type moves such as Flareblitz. Since Gardevoir's normal defense leaves to be desired..... But yeah would love to see Ash have a mega.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
It's hard to say at the moment. If the animé wishes to advertise Mega Evolution, mega evolving Ash's Charizard is the best way to do it since Charizard is one of the most popular Pokémon in the franchise. If that happens, I expect Ash's Charizard to mega evolve into Mega Charizard Y (or possibly a Z form if a Pokémon Z game comes out in the near future). I think that it would be a waste of an opportunity if at least one of Ash's Pokémon did not mega evolve at least once.

Sprinter1988

I'd like to see that happen, but from the poster art we've seen it looks like Sceptile is going to be Ash's Mega for the time being. I very much welcome this, so long as it gets the moves to back it up (Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Giga Drain...)
The same would have to be said for Charizard if it Mega Evolved into the Y form (Ancient Power, Air Slash, Solar Beam...)

Ash has a better track record of teaching physical moves to physical mons than he does of teaching special moves to special mons. This needs correcting

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I think he should, given how powerful he is and how powerful his bond with Ash is. I'm going for the Y version, because it suits Ash more in my opinion. Keep X for Alain.

raichu27

I'd like to see that happen, but from the poster art we've seen it looks like Sceptile is going to be Ash's Mega for the time being. I very much welcome this, so long as it gets the moves to back it up (Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Giga Drain...)
The same would have to be said for Charizard if it Mega Evolved into the Y form (Ancient Power, Air Slash, Solar Beam...)

Ash has a better track record of teaching physical moves to physical mons than he does of teaching special moves to special mons. This needs correcting
I think I would replace Ancient Power with Dig(Earthquake is banned from the show, unfortunately) or Rock Slide. Ancient Power isn't all that strong, and it only has 1 out of 10 chance of getting all of its stats boosted. Charizard's Flamethrower would do a little more damage on a Flying Pokemon than Ancient Power, and Ancient Power only has 60 base power.

Except that Goodra stayed behind in the wetlands, Ash released it, he has a noibat now. However mega charizard would be awesome if he's going to battle the champion Y would be beest since X is part dragon. Y has drought and can use solarbeam in one turn as well as power up its fire type moves such as Flareblitz. Since Gardevoir's normal defense leaves to be desired..... But yeah would love to see Ash have a mega.
I hope he gets his Goodra back before the league like he did with Gliscor.

Sprinter1988

I think I would replace Ancient Power with Dig(Earthquake is banned from the show, unfortunately) or Rock Slide. Ancient Power isn't all that strong, and it only has 1 out of 10 chance of getting all of its stats boosted. Charizard's Flamethrower would do a little more damage on a Flying Pokemon than Ancient Power, and Ancient Power only has 60 base power.

Ok, so Ancient Power is a little weaker than Rock Slide, but don't forget Charizard Y is the special attacking mega. Also, attack power has little reference in the anime. Fire Blast and Heat Wave are all much more powerful than Flamethrower, yet anything in the anime that breathes fire uses Flamethrower while the other two are far rarer moves.

Actually, on the subject of Heat Wave and Fire Blast, I'd like Ash's Charizard to learn one of those two moves. Its had Flamethrower for a long time now - time to shake it up a bit.

Oh, and also Dragon Pulse. Because that would be great!

I think that Dig on Charizard would just depress me. Back when it was a Charmander or Charmeleon then maybe, but not now. Infernape, Gible and Krookodile have all done that enough now. Add in Dawn's Piloswine, Cilan's Pansage, Iris' Excadrill and Gible and Clemont's Bunnelby and I think we've seen enough of Dig for now. TBH I'm surprised that they haven't given it to Hawlucha yet.

raichu27

I think Dig makes good weakness coverage, especially if you're fighting against an Electric Pokemon, which only has one weakness.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Actually, on the subject of Heat Wave and Fire Blast, I'd like Ash's Charizard to learn one of those two moves. Its had Flamethrower for a long time now - time to shake it up a bit.

Oh, and also Dragon Pulse. Because that would be great!.

I'd love to see those two things happen, especially Dragon Pulse. Also, if Ash's Charizard ends up having to battle Alain's Mega Charizard X should they meet, having Dragon Pulse could give him an edge, especially if Ash's Charizard Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard Y.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'd like to see Ash with a Mega Charizard Y.Considering the bond the two share,it won't be too out of place at all.I'd also like to see it using moves like Air Slash(although this move's portrayal was far better in the DP saga),Dragon Pulse,Solar Beam(thanks to Drought),and Ancient Power,since in the BW saga,Charizard's moveset left so much to be desired.

Sprinter1988

I think Dig makes good weakness coverage, especially if you're fighting against an Electric Pokemon, which only has one weakness.

Yes, but again, you're going by game mechanics. The anime only looks at type advantages when it suits them. Look how many times Paul's Electivire was hit by Dig from Ash's Infernape in their battle at the Sinnoh league.

Anyway, in terms of Megas, to be honest I would like to see Ash get the stones for all the pokemon he has that can Mega Evolve, including Heracross and Glalie, bringing back Pidgeot and evolving Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Gible, but then that's just wishful thinking on my part!

raichu27

Yes, but again, you're going by game mechanics. The anime only looks at type advantages when it suits them. Look how many times Paul's Electivire was hit by Dig from Ash's Infernape in their battle at the Sinnoh league.

Anyway, in terms of Megas, to be honest I would like to see Ash get the stones for all the pokemon he has that can Mega Evolve, including Heracross and Glalie, bringing back Pidgeot and evolving Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Gible, but then that's just wishful thinking on my part!
Ash's Infernape only used Dig on Electivire once.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think he will. Ash really hasn't shown much interest in getting a Mega Evolution for himself, and I feel like if he was planned to get Mega Evolution, we'd see some build up to it. On top of that, if future regions aren't as Mega-centric as Kalos is (and the probably won't be), then they'd have to come up with an excuse for Ash to stop Mega Evolving Pokemon.

If he does Mega Evolve, I hope it's for Mega Charizard X. I know that we already see X with Alain, but X is so much cooler than Y that it wouldn't matter, at least to me.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't think he will. Ash really hasn't shown much interest in getting a Mega Evolution for himself, and I feel like if he was planned to get Mega Evolution, we'd see some build up to it.

He has shown excitement for them whenever it's brought up or he sees one, he also did show intrest when Sawyer mentioned Sceptile could mega evolve, granted I think Charizard is the better choice, not to mention helped Korrina with hers.

On top of that, if future regions aren't as Mega-centric as Kalos is (and the probably won't be), then they'd have to come up with an excuse for Ash to stop Mega Evolving Pokémon

I don't really think they can just get rid of it, sure it might not be as focused on in future series, but at the same time as long as Ash has one to call upon then it's ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.