• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash's "new" pokemon get Oaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeJumpsuit1

Looking at the picture for movie 11 it seems like a slam dunk that Ash's Gligar is going to evolve Gliscor. So for the moment let say that Ash is going to get Gliscor in the next 10-15 episodes. Do you think Gliscor will be Oaked?

In my opinion. I don't think Gliscor will be Oaked. Not only do I think Gliscor will not be Oaked but it will be the strongest Sinnoh pokemon Ash has by the time this region is done with. The biggest argument for Gliscor getting oaked is that it has already evolved in a short period of time while some of Ash's other pokemon who has been with him for a while hasn't. However, you have to remember that this anime is to push pokemon especially the Sinnoh pokemon. Why have the main character have a Johto pokemon? It was a smart move to have it evolve to a Gliscor. This doesn't mean that Gliscor will be all powerful when it first evolves. There could be a lot of moves it learns in then next 2 season of Sinnoh. I like the move.

I know a lot of you out there want Ash to get a Riolu/Lucario. While, Riolu is a cool pokemon, I think it is a very similar type to Chimcar when it evolves, a fighting type with cool other type abilities (fire/steel). Do you really want Ash to have two pokemon that use Mach punch/Close Combat at the same time. It doesn't make sense. While some of you might make a case that Staravia and Gliscor are both flying types. Their moves sets are way different from one another. Gliscor typically can't learn flying type moves while Staravia/Starraptor seems to be all about the flying type moves. Also Gliscor has such a versalite move set that it can be great against any type of gym. Especially the Volkners gym (electric types). That my two cents, but I like to hear what everybody else thinks on the subject?

dman_dustin

I know a lot of you out there want Ash to get a Riolu/Lucario. While, Riolu is a cool pokemon, I think it is a very similar type to Chimcar when it evolves, a fighting type with cool other type abilities (fire/steel). Do you really want Ash to have two pokemon that use Mach punch/Close Combat at the same time. It doesn't make sense.

Riolu/Lucario can learn 2 moves that Moferno/Infernape would never get to utilize for themselves.

Force Palm and Aura sphere, plus I doubt if Ash gets Riolu/Lucario it would only know fightning moves.

And Chimchar already knows a bunch of attacks that I doubt Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape would get very many fightning moves.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
No offense dude but once new Pokemon come out, the writers of Pokemon don't give a sh*t about the old Pokemon and feel the need to fill up Ash's arsenal with the newest and most popular Pokemon.

Trust me. Gligar/Gliscor will be history, or "Oaked" as you put it, hahaha.

The only reason that Aipom stayed around for Sinnoh was because the writers learned ahead of time that there was going to be an Aipom evolution (this isn't a known fact, but IMO it's obviously true).

I think the constant swapping of Ash's (and everyone else's) Pokemon for the newest "coolest" Pokemon is a really poor choice for the show. It makes it difficult to care about Ash's Pokemon when you know you'll never see them again because they'll be at Oak's lab getting fat off PokeFood and humping each other. At the very least, I don't see why the writers don't write it so that Ash withdraws some of his old Pokemon once in a while. I mean honestly, it makes no sense: How does Ash always expect to beat the Pokemon League if he keeps "starting over?"

I feel like the writers want it both ways: They want to keep the main character but still have the option to be a rookie every time he enters a new region. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. It also is counterproductive to Ash's Pokemon Master goal or whatever he wants to do now.

If the anime wants to introduce new Pokemon and new areas, just do what the Pokemon Special manga does and introduce new characters. It would just save Ash's dignity instead of making him a new Pokemon wh*re.

Chimchartrainer07

I see it evolving in time for the 5th gym and a few episodes afterwards, hopefully it'll stick around to battle in the 6th, then get oaked, be switched out for someone so it can comeback for the 8th gym battle. I see it kicking some serious *** in the sinnoh league.

hIrAm

I'm thinking it's evolving just after the Pastoria Gym battle, or slightly before it. and just for kicks, it'll probably learn Thunder Fang or some godly move to slaughter Crasher Wake with.

blob

Are Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Happiny, Buizel, Buneary or Croagunk ever goning to evolve?

Due to the slowness of starter evos, I think they're all gonna evolve together.

Sorry, have to cut this short due to assembaly.

dman_dustin

No offense dude but once new Pokemon come out, the writers of Pokemon don't give a sh*t about the old Pokemon and feel the need to fill up Ash's arsenal with the newest and most popular Pokemon.

Trust me. Gligar/Gliscor will be history, or "Oaked" as you put it, hahaha.

Not really, Ash will still use his Gliscor in the sinnoh league if he does oak it to get a new Pokemon, or else there would be no point in catching the thing in the first place.

If you mean after the sinnoh league, then maybe, but there could still be chance Ash uses Gliscor in a filler saga.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash is going to catch at least one more regardless of what it might be. He won't go over a hundred episodes without a new catch assuming we're just now reaching the halfway point.

That said I think it's Turtwig will be the one that's going to be Oaked. Its usefulness in gyms pretty much diminishes after the fourth, especially if it doesn't go all the way. Turtwig already had a pretty good run in gyms, and is one of the two definite candidates for the next.

Ash's Pokemon seem to be in semi-constant civil war against Professor Oak judging by the amount of destruction that cause there. Bulbsaur with his new femme-Bulbasaur might need some help holding the fort down as the ranks increase. A likely place would be to dump it around Pal Park on their way to the 6th Gym; where Ash can temporary call all of his Pokemon back for a visit.

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
I think the constant swapping of Ash's (and everyone else's) Pokemon for the newest "coolest" Pokemon is a really poor choice for the show. It makes it difficult to care about Ash's Pokemon when you know you'll never see them again because they'll be at Oak's lab getting fat off PokeFood and humping each other. At the very least, I don't see why the writers don't write it so that Ash withdraws some of his old Pokemon once in a while. I mean honestly, it makes no sense: How does Ash always expect to beat the Pokemon League if he keeps "starting over?"

The show would get pretty boring if the main character had all his strong Pokemon with him, he would wipe the floor with everybody up until the league. But your right that we don't see his old Pokemon often enough. They only appear at the end of a series in a league battle or when Ash comes home, i think they need to be used in some part later on. Like the Sinnoh league or the 7th and 8th gym at least(although if Chimchar and Turtwig have evolved by then that problem goes away)

Silvix615

Ash is going to catch at least one more regardless of what it might be. He won't go over a hundred episodes without a new catch assuming we're just now reaching the halfway point.

That said I think it's Turtwig will be the one that's going to be Oaked. Its usefulness in gyms pretty much diminishes after the fourth, especially if it doesn't go all the way. Turtwig already had a pretty good run in gyms, and is one of the two definite candidates for the next.

Ash's Pokemon seem to be in semi-constant civil war against Professor Oak judging by the amount of destruction that cause there. Bulbsaur with his new femme-Bulbasaur might need some help holding the fort down as the ranks increase. A likely place would be to dump it around Pal Park on their way to the 6th Gym; where Ash can temporary call all of his Pokemon back for a visit.

You know what that makes sense. Turtwig is Bulbasaur 2.0. With Turtwig gone Chimchar would finally get a chance to shine and evolve. Chimchar, Staravia, and Gligar would be the only ones to evolve. Pikachu and Buziel stay the same and with the sixth being Riolu or Ash brings back Bayleef to evovle to Meganuim or Ash just rotates his sixth until the League. Ash will probaly catch Snowver unless James gets that one.

OrangeJumpsuit1

Riolu/Lucario can learn 2 moves that Moferno/Infernape would never get to utilize for themselves.

Force Palm and Aura sphere, plus I doubt if Ash gets Riolu/Lucario it would only know fightning moves.

And Chimchar already knows a bunch of attacks that I doubt Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape would get very many fightning moves.

While Lucario know more fighting moves than Moferno/Infernape. Don't you think they are both similar as fighting type pokemon? It seems like that is their speciality, close combat (and that move too).

While I understand that most people think at least one of Ash's pokemon will be Oaked considering in the other regions that has happened. Well see. I like

For Cyclone, <laugh> while it funny to think of Ash as a pokemon you-know-what. You know that isn't the case. Ash usually gets 5-8 pokemon a region and only has about 20 pokemon in his roster right now (exculding all those Tauros). If you going to give anyone that title is has to be Gary. That guy has more Kanto pokemon than you know what to do with.

Ash doesn't need to get anymore pokemon if they start devoloping all of his pokemon personality and evolving them periodically. This could be Ash's best group of pokemon yet: Just think about it: You know Buziel is going to evolve which gives Ash an evolve water pokemon which he hasn't had since Kanto. Also Chimchar will be probably fully evolve before the Championships. Turtwig will probably evolve into Grotle which will give it more power and hopefully a little bit more speed. Gliscor which is awesome and Starraptor who will be the next coming of Pidgeot.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Gliscor which is awesome and Starraptor who will be the next coming of Swellow.

Fixed.

I still see Gliscor getting Oaked after the 6th Gym, whether it be for baby jackel, Frosty the Snowman, or baby dragon. I do think it'll come back for the Electric gym though, being a ground type and all.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
For Cyclone, <laugh> while it funny to think of Ash as a pokemon you-know-what. You know that isn't the case. Ash usually gets 5-8 pokemon a region and only has about 20 pokemon in his roster right now (exculding all those Tauros). If you going to give anyone that title is has to be Gary. That guy has more Kanto pokemon than you know what to do with.

Well Ash has a average of 5-6 pokemon a region not 8 (except Kanto region). Also presently Ash has 23 pokemon in his roster plus the 30 Tauros which takes his total to 53 pokemon (but if you don't count all the Tauros's then he has 24 pokemons now).

OrangeJumpsuit1

Well Ash has a average of 5-6 pokemon a region not 8 (except Kanto region). Also presently Ash has 23 pokemon in his roster plus the 30 Tauros which takes his total to 53 pokemon (but if you don't count all the Tauros's then he has 24 pokemons now).

Thank for the correction. Ash doesn't have that many pokemon if you think about how many pokemon there are. There are probably 200 (if you don't count all the evolotions). He has about 10% of them?

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
I don't see why Ash can't catch more than six Pokemon and rotate them. That would really help him learn to be a better trainer, by switching his Pokemon around and giving them experience. What's wrong with that?

That being said I think he's going to Oak Gliscor because it evolved so early, that was like fast compared to the others that have been on the team. Shrugs That's the way it goes. Someone's getting Oaked I think.

As for who it's getting Oaked for I don't know. It could be anyone that they want. I want it to be a chance for Lucario, but I'll shut up because that's been n00bifed and I think someone would label as me a n00b for even saying that.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
While Lucario know more fighting moves than Moferno/Infernape. Don't you think they are both similar as fighting type pokemon? It seems like that is their speciality, close combat (and that move too).

Lucario is more a Pokemon that excels in Special Attack while Monferno/Infernape is a Pokemon that excells in Physical Attack.

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
Please stop the "Oaked Turtwig" statements because seriously, why bring the Tiny Leaf Pokemon into Ash's team if it's just Sinnoh's Bulbasaur? So what if it's not a good choice after the 4th gym? Ash used Torkoal only against Wattson and Norman (correct me if I'm wrong). Yet he used it in the Hoenn League.
Besides, it IS a good choice in the 8th gym, for defensive purposes (Electric attacks don't deal much damage to Grass-type Pokemon). I bet Ash won't use Staraptor and Floatzel in the last gym for obvious reasons.
If Croagunk evolves, Brock will die of blood poisoning, whatever. (Though Saturn's Shiny Toxicroak might be used to distinguish it from Brock's possible Croagunk evolution).
Chimchar, Buneary, Happiny and Piplup will evolve. For Croagunk and Turtwig, don't even bother to do so.

As for new Pokemon being Oaked, let Ash handle this. And, to give Ash the proper handling of his Sinnoh team, let the writers of the show handle the thing.

darkfireinfernape

i agree you know why, its because turtwig evovles and becomes mad slow. it has no use anymore. oh yea i saw the japanese anime and he got a riolu egg

Chelc

dude, I just infracted you for the same thing...

do not bump threads more than a month old.

closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.