• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Ash's Rowlet evolve into Dartrix/Decidueye without his Everstone?

Will Ash's Rowlet evolve?

• Total voters

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Without the Everstone, will Ash's Rowlet evolve into Dartrix and Decidueye given the training and battles it got since finding its Everstone (since Hau's Dartrix rematch)?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Without the Everstone, will Ash's Rowlet evolve into Dartrix and Decidueye given the training and battles it got since finding its Everstone (since Hau's Dartrix rematch)?
It's too late now. Maybe later during leagues in future.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I think I have to change the question: If Rowlet never had the Everstone (and still learn Bullet Seed), will he be a Dartrix/Decidueye now (disregarding "writers will blah blah")?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think I have to change the question: If Rowlet never had the Everstone (and still learn Bullet Seed), will he be a Dartrix/Decidueye now (disregarding "writers will blah blah")?
You can disregard the writers all you want, but they're the only ones who make that call and the only thing that actually matters in answering this. Number of battles etc has no influence regardless of how persistent some people continue to believe that. The writers decided Rowlet wouldn't evolve and the Everstone is nothing but a plot device to achieve that. Had there been no Everstone they'd have come up with another reason or just not evolved it and never addressed it, just like they never evolved Corphish or Buizel or Totodile.

Feshub

Rowlet won't evolve nor should he since he's too cute and it's way too late in the series for it to happen. He was doomed from the very start.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'll like it if as a gag in a later series with reserves rowlet returns and his everstone is broken by an attack, leading him to become depressed and simultaneously evolve into dartrix and decideueye, leading to him destroying his opponent in a rage, before going to sleep again.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Prior to the Everstone, I was hoping Rowlet would evolve into Dartrix (don’t really care for Decidueye).

I’m pleased with Incineroar tho

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
where's the maybe option.

Prior to the Everstone, I was hoping Rowlet would evolve into Dartrix (don’t really care for Decidueye).

if rowlet had evolved, I didn't want it to stay Dartrix for very long, with it's "please crotch punch me." vibe.

do have to wonder if Rowlet will acknowledge that everyone else around it has evolved, and maybe it might change it's mind about going through with it.

Of course If it does evolve, I expect to happen during the next series, and given that all regions are getting focus it could happen.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it'd evolve, yes. Just not directly into Decidueye. Incineroar felt earned with all Torracat did. Rowlet.... what big accomplishments has he done? Without somebody else being there to help? I'd hardly count Decidueye as a 'win', Hau was cheated

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I don’t want him to evolve Rowlet is very popular and has lots of merchandise that I don’t think would sell well if he was a decidueye or dartrix

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don’t want him to evolve Rowlet is very popular and has lots of merchandise that I don’t think would sell well if he was a decidueye or dartrix

I said only "if" it decides to go through with it.

I would at least like to see Rowlet acknowledge that everyone around it has changed, and think about it. Weather or not it goes is fine to me personally, but if it doesn't I wouldn't care either, I just feel like it's something that should be acknowledged at this point, and be a nice character test.