• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock ever come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozzbo

To be honest the series' have been going downhill for a while. I'm really not a fan of the new series, I find that there is something missing. Wether that be Brock, or something else I don't know, but I know that I miss Brock. He just completed the group if you know what I mean. I hope he returns, but I can't see that happening sadly, maybe when the series' ends, maybe with a new game coming out?

~Jozzbo

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
To be honest the series' have been going downhill for a while. I'm really not a fan of the new series, I find that there is something missing. Wether that be Brock, or something else I don't know, but I know that I miss Brock. He just completed the group if you know what I mean. I hope he returns, but I can't see that happening sadly, maybe when the series' ends, maybe with a new game coming out?

~Jozzbo

No, there is nothing missing from the series. Nostalgia has no place in the current show.

Bluelatios*

^It's all subjective of course. I'd wager that enough people liked Brock when he was at his best that they could bring him back anytime they want. If he's "done right", he could be very effective in bringing more viewers into the fold. He's Brock after all ;). He's got the potential, now do they have the talent?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^It's all subjective of course. I'd wager that enough people liked Brock when he was at his best that they could bring him back anytime they want. If he's "done right", he could be very effective in bringing more viewers into the fold. He's Brock after all ;). He's got the potential, now do they have the talent?

Obviously they don't. Given he stayed in the anime for 8 more years after Johto ended and they didn't do much of anything with him.

Bluelatios*

Time passes and changes. So do the writers and their talents. I don't consider their abilities dead just because of any one particular event or period of time. I know they have the ability to do better and I know that they will one way or another. It's the flow of business. It's as simple as that

pokemon fan 132

No, there is nothing missing from the series. Nostalgia has no place in the current show.

Eh thats pretty debatable. Personally i think anime lacks humor and adventurous aspect, dynamic it used to have before. I could receive such vibe from OS and on good part in AG, but from DP and even BW? Not that much. There is almost no continuity nowadays and cohesive story is pretty weak point nowadays as well.

But i guess it depends on personal interpretation what may be your cup of tea fulfilling interest.

Obviously they don't. Given he stayed in the anime for 8 more years after Johto ended and they didn't do much of anything with him.

To be fair he had pretty good role in Kanto and Hoenn receiving perfectly fine amount of focus for supporting character. Got shafted abit in Johto but still had memorable moments, and was screwed over in DP(although i don't think he was bad by any means, it just happens he was sidelined too much).

That aside when talking about prospect of older character coming back again such as Brock, we shouldn't focus on past and what has been done but on future and possible new, exciting stuff writers can come up with him. As years pass writers improve, learn from past mistakes and try to add new stuff to maintain people interest.

When writers introduce new ones or reintroduce older characters after long absence they have to make him memorable just as much as new one. Since return of long time absent character would serve as something to shake up anime bringing twist and unpredictability, its guaranteed that writers are going to put more effort in character itself and its story to have audience accept him easily as part of cast again.

Their aim is in capturing viewers interest for characters they introduce, and i believe any previous character including Brock could become memorable and appealing to wide group of people again if he is given some significance, new purpose through which his story could be continued.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Brock might return for a cameo or a few episodes. But returning for another saga? No thanks.

Brock was really there for farrrr too long. He barely got anything and was usually the sidelined one. Never had I found him an interesting character. It might be mainly because of the Pokegirl's contest career (Dawn and May) or Ash's gym career. To be honest, he was only really treated as an "equal" with Misty. The rest of the time he's just ... there. No importance except giving random advices.

... yeah, the reason why they got rid of him was probably because he wasn't that well-received anymore, after what DP has done to him. Not that I'm complaining, I never really liked his character and I love DP.

pokemon fan 132

... yeah, the reason why they got rid of him was probably because he wasn't that well-received anymore, after what DP has done to him. Not that I'm complaining, I never really liked his character and I love DP.

Actually im pretty sure main reason Brock got replaced was because of BW games revamp trying to give "vibe of fresh start"with several changing happening from contests being gone, older pokemon not appearing, Tr becoming competent, Unova being portrayed as far and isolated region as well not having anymore second side quest.
Writers probably wanted to mirror those changes with anime going back to formula of one main star and two sidekicks as well why another new character joined main cast at expense of Brock leaving.

That seems to me as most likely reason why Brock left exactly than.

Status
Not open for further replies.