• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock ever come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu2k10

its possible but not full time mabye for fillers or at the end of the arc

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
To be honest, I highly doubt that he'll be back except for either a cameo or a small story arc. Every character introduced in the past decade that had some relevance has been given the ax.

Look at it this way, Brock became a doctor. Misty took up he position as the only compotent leader in Cerulean City. Tracey bacame Oak's assistant, Gary is preparing to become a professor, May is traveling around and doing contests, Max still isn't 10, and Dawn is presumably traveling around Johto competing in contests. The odds of any of the aforementioned running into Ash in a region incredibly far away, deviating from their journey for no apparent reason, is SO unlikely.

So, Brock may come back, but if he does, it sure as hell isn't for good.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
cameo maybe, perma not so much

I think Cilan-Iris is filling his spot well, so it may be likely they'll keep the combo for another gen

Hyper27

Hyper27
Brock is not comin back... He's a frikkin doctor now thanks to happiny.....

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You know what if cilan does stay after best wishes, I wanna see how popular he will be after a voice actor change. Face it people cilan is popular manly for his voice and for being "fabulous" god I hate it when people call him that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You know what if cilan does stay after best wishes, I wanna see how popular he will be after a voice actor change. Face it people cilan is popular manly for his voice and for being "fabulous" god I hate it when people call him that.

What does that have to do with anything? Most people liked Brock's new voice given its similar to his old one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What does that have to do with anything? Most people liked Brock's new voice given its similar to his old one.

I'm saying that Dento's voice actor is pretty much his whole fanbase, take it away and people will be mad and stop liking the character as much.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm saying that Dento's voice actor is pretty much his whole fanbase, take it away and people will be mad and stop liking the character as much.

That's in Japan, and they don't switch VA's over there unless they die.

Plus Cilan is likely to leave once Best Wishes ends. They'll bring in a new male afterward.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

Well in Japan that is...and they don't replace va's unless is something really bad happens. Really though, the Sanyo trio seems pretty popular as it is, if not for Miyano's voice it'd be for be for their looks really. ^^;
(as for me being a Dento fan I don't think I'd care if his English voice changed, I'd be ticked but not upset enough to stop liking his character. As for his JP voice...I'd feel sad coz he makes Dento into an amazing character with the dramatic way he talks. It just feels like he understands the character well.)

EDIT: Also one thing I wondered about is that they had to have a reason for having Mamoru Miyano as Dento's va. I highly doubt it was because "Let's see how popular this character will be compared to Takeshi if we give him a popular va." I almost think: let's give our female fanbase some eye and ear candy

Plus Cilan is likely to leave once Best Wishes ends. They'll bring in a new male afterward.

:( As much as I like his character that'd probably be for the best....*hopes there is a filler saga*

Last edited:

PokemonOwn

Look at it this way, Brock became a doctor. Misty took up he position as the only compotent leader in Cerulean City. Tracey bacame Oak's assistant, Gary is preparing to become a professor, May is traveling around and doing contests, Max still isn't 10, and Dawn is presumably traveling around Johto competing in contests. The odds of any of the aforementioned running into Ash in a region incredibly far away, deviating from their journey for no apparent reason, is SO unlikely.

So, Brock may come back, but if he does, it sure as hell isn't for good.

Misty came in Hoenn
Gary was in Sinnoh, occasionally.
May appeared in Sinnoh, along with Wallace.

However, if Cilan leaves after Best Wishes, then Brock might retake his place. I hope he doesn't though. Cilan is awesome.

XSilverStarboyX

I think he might come back for cameos but not for good. One thing Ive noticed about Pokemon is the writers seem to be learning about certain things. Like I think with adding Iris to the main cast instead of the female character from Black and White, they realized alwayas adding Ash, Brock, and the new Generations playable female to the bunch was getting old. I liked Brock but maybe it was his time to move on to bigger and better things;152;

Haunter ゴースト

For cameos but that's pretty much it.
I also doubt Cilan would leave and the writers bring Brock back, not after that big send off episode of him wanting to be a doctor.

pokemon fan 132

People in here are taking things too literally.Yes Brock left and was for second time in history replaced but its not like his leaving sealed out any chance of being brought back as main character again.

Writers can in theory return any older character who left to become major again providing they want.All its needed is some plot being created and reasoning behind his return being provided and voila character who left suddenly become workable as part of central group.
Purpose?
To develop him more,tie up some unfinished things wraping them up,to add for unexpected and nice twist because of popularity,for continuity etc.There are in reality too many reasons behind this decision could lie to mention them all in here.

For example Brock may have left to follow his career of becoming doctor,but one of possible plotlines which could launch him back as main again could be his decision of becoming travelling doctor to learn about pokemon and new regions meeting up with Ash and group at some point deciding to join them.

His return after Orange Islands after he initially decided to work as breeder with prof.Ivy and "follow his dreams" pretty much shows how easy for writers is to revive his or any character who gets replaced.

Now im not saying Brock will return for something more than cameos,but at same time acting like this is "impossible"is little silly to be honest.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast

Can I ask why you think this?

------

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think Brock will return. Maybe not on a regular basis but Brock was a loved character in the anime and it seems like a gap wouldn't be filled if he didn't come back at all never to be seen again. Even for the people who didn't like Brock much there was still something even if it was hatred towards him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think Brock will return as a main character even though I want him to come back. I think he could make a cameo in Unova sometime or Pallet Town, though.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
People in here are taking things too literally.Yes Brock left and was for second time in history replaced but its not like his leaving sealed out any chance of being brought back as main character again.

Writers can in theory return any older character who left to become major again providing they want.All its needed is some plot being created and reasoning behind his return being provided and voila character who left suddenly become workable as part of central group.
Purpose?
To develop him more,tie up some unfinished things wraping them up,to add for unexpected and nice twist because of popularity,for continuity etc.There are in reality too many reasons behind this decision could lie to mention them all in here.

Pokemon Fan 132 speaks the truth.

My personal opinion? I wouldn't be suprised at all if he popped up. Travel with Ash again? Quite possible.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I can see Brock getting a cameo during a filler arc. As far as coming back full time I seriously doubt it.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Of course Brock will come back as a part of the permanent cast. Unova is like another Orange Archipelago saga. The writers are experimenting with a brand new cast bar Ash and his Pikachu. In the meantime, they will have ample time to devise Brock's comeback as a part of the permanent cast and what role he will play when he does start afresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.