• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock ever come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
Sometimes Brock was funny, but I've actually never really liked him. He liked girls too much and I don't mind Cilan replacing him.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Ah I see thanks. But wouldn't you agree that since Brock was there for so long and provided constant comic relief that he was synonymous and deeply embedded into the franchise as well? So why/ how could they possibly permanently write him out? I'd like to think that he is a staple that will come back no matter how not fresh his act may be.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Brock may have been there for 13 years, but he was always less important than Ash and the main female. Especially during DP, there was so much focus on Ash and Dawn it felt like Brock was not even there most of the time. He basically just explained battles and took a backseat.

I did think Brock was still good back in the Hoenn saga, because even though he didn't do much that saga either, he still worked well with Ash/May/Max and he still had some purpose in most episodes.

He didn't get royally screwed over till DP.

pokemon fan 132

Both Brock and Misty got stale. The reason they haven't gotten rid of Ash is probably because they can't. He's too associated with Pikachu and the franchise itself.

You forgot to include in "my opinion".Some people got tired of of characters over time while others still enjoy in them finding them interesting.

With Misty some people were tired of her but fact that many people were displeased when she left main cast wanting her back with complaints being present for years along with good chunk of them quitting with this show because of that shows how to big part of fandom Misty was still interesting as character missing her.Further on that big majority welcomed development she received in Hoenn viewing her as entertaining character.

With Brock,not everyone were happy that he left at end of DP wanting him back viewing him as interesting characters compared to those who were overjoyed when he left.Same for Ash,May,Dawn or any other character.Some people view them as stale becoming boring to them while others still enjoy n their characters.
You cant please everyone with there always being two groups of people being those who find characters interesting and those who dont enjoy in them.

Talking about Brocks or Misty return they both have contrary to some belief some chance o return to main cast one day,They are original and iconic characters being well liked and recognized with many people wanting to see them reunited for one more adventure having things to offer to this show.With Brock for example there were left unanswered things not knowing what steps he might need to take to become doctor,does there exist some evaluators he would need to battle and pass as well not being cleared up if he plans to open daycare center or become traveling doctor.His return would serve as opportunity to develop his character more making sense of he joins Ash at some point with purpose of gathering new knowledge about pokemon in wild while exploring new regions to learn more becoming better doctor along with viewers being able to see how his newly found career is working out.

He is beside Ash longest lived main character in this show having respectable fanbase who left impact on Ash character adding for stable and balanced cast being always like older brother who took care of them while helping to find best route while traveling and im pretty sure writers will return him at some point.
Perhaps biggest chance in his return as major character exists if writers decide to reunite original group of Ash,Misty and Brock for one more region or season of pokemon to revive spirit of older days finishing anime with those who started it with purpose of things coming full circle leaving better and longer lasting impression.

BlueVapor

Brock may have been there for 13 years, but he was always less important than Ash and the main female. Especially during DP, there was so much focus on Ash and Dawn it felt like Brock was not even there most of the time. He basically just explained battles and took a backseat.

I did think Brock was still good back in the Hoenn saga, because even though he didn't do much that saga either, he still worked well with Ash/May/Max and he still had some purpose in most episodes.

He didn't get royally screwed over till DP.

I think it's just kind of stupid to bring Brock back for Sinnoh, and then do NOTHING with him. I mean, if the excuse is he's an old character, then instead of putting Brock on the main cast, the writers should've put someone from Sinnoh, like Barry or something, on the main cast instead.

pokemon fan 132

I think it's just kind of stupid to bring Brock back for Sinnoh, and then do NOTHING with him. I mean, if the excuse is he's an old character, then instead of putting Brock on the main cast, the writers should've put someone from Sinnoh, like Barry or something, on the main cast instead.

I wouldnt say he did nothing because he did got some focus in DP displaying his skills as breeder as well doing well in competitions he entered but your right he was shafted in Sinnoh region.
But than again he was shafted in Hoenn too,only difference was that he had someone to who he could relate like Max sharing things in common which allowed for better character interaction than he had with Dawn in DP seeming like strangers at times.That and May wasnt co-star not taking up as much focus like her successor did.

Reason is unfortunately because writers focused too much on developing friendship between two co-stars Ash and Dawn leaving Brock behind.

I suppose reason why writers kept Brock in DP was because they felt he is fulfilling his role of older brother and caretaker to main group well enough along with serving like mentor on some occasions explaining to viewers battle strategies in gyms not seeing any need to replace him.
They probably didnt see any need to replace him and if BW gams didnt had so many changes being more of a "fresh start"im pretty sure writers would keep Brock past DP too.

Reason they didnt is most likely because they tried mirroring new games by making several changes in anime too.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
The President has better things to do then star in a propaganda to trick young children into buying Pokemon games

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

That's exactly what we were thinking in 2006 when the DP cast was revealed for the first time. Most people were certain Brock was going to leave at the end of AG, since back then we noticed he was starting to get stale.

We didn't know he'd be back for ANOTHER 4 years to get even more sidelined. Granted Croagunk was one of the best pokemon of the anime so it did help add some life to Brock's character, but then again it was moreso for Croagunk than Brock himself.

Sudoowodo/Happiny were pretty good pokemon too, only problem is like most Brock Pokemon they hardly did much.

pokemon fan 132

That's exactly what we were thinking in 2006 when the DP cast was revealed for the first time. Most people were certain Brock was going to leave at the end of AG, since back then we noticed he was starting to get stale.

Not sure what you mean by "we",because not everyone shared opinion that Brock got stale.Some did getting tired of him but there were many people who were supportive for Brock stay too.

Going by all this debates we had on forums about should Brock leave or not you could tell he had several people advocating for his stay defending his role in show.
Besides like i said many times before pokemon forums like serebii are not whole fandom.

Some could get wrong impression that everyone are happy with Cilan and usual starting hype whenever new character is introduced or older one returns after long time welcoming Brock being gone.
But thats not true,because you could encounter many people who hated this preferring Brock to stay.

We didn't know he'd be back for ANOTHER 4 years to get even more sidelined. Granted Croagunk was one of the best pokemon of the anime so it did help add some life to Brock's character, but then again it was moreso for Croagunk than Brock himself.

Sudoowodo/Happiny were pretty good pokemon too, only problem is like most Brock Pokemon they hardly did much.

To be fair Brock got some great moments and interactions with other characters though,like when he paired up with Holy n tag battle tournament,when he helped girl in Miltank Maid cafe encouraging her to be calm and more determine when approaching problems,he showed impressive knowledge for a breeder when he took care of sick Pachirisu with Dawn learning something from him,or when he helped to heal sick pokemon which were attacked by Tentacruel.

He also got to play some role in Team Galactic arc and got his first egg of Happiny thanks to which he could utilize his knowledge of breeder to full potential taking care of it.

Though point still stands,he got rather short end of stick in Sinnoh,with lack of relatable characters like Max in AG and too much focus on Ash and Dawn relationship not allowing for same amount of interaction like he had in original series and Hoenn.

Curfy97

"I need a mustache."
i hope he comes back. I mean, I like him enough that I almost didn't watch BW because he wouldn't be in it. But I tried it out anyways. [And fell for Cilan... Shhh, don't tell my BF... Just kidding :)]

But he will live on in Fanfictions... I promise to tell the little kids who didn't get the joy of him about him and his crazy girl flirting antics. I even have one of my OC's chasing after him like he chases after girls. I guess that what I'm saying here is that he'll always live on...

And if he comes back in a cameo, and Ash doesn't reckognize him, I will personally write a fanfic where Turner comes and kicks his asterick with her giant inflatable cookie. [And she only uses that on Troy.]

AmericanDreamer

Brock was always a good character, it was just how they used him that began to go downhill in the recent episodes. Quite honestly, I haven' actively watched Pokemon for years, only catching a couple episodes here and there, but when I see Brock in the newer episodes, I can't help but feel that they are not treating him as well as they could be.

I don't know anything about Cilan yet, but he strikes me as being somewhat annoying (just an impression that I get from seeing pictures of him).

To me, Misty made the show. With her gone, I stopped watching, but Brock becoming so pointless was the final nail in the coffin, as it were.

Oh well, I still love fanfiction and playing the games :D

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I hope he comes back. We definatly need some Brock moments. He and Cilan could have a cooking war, and such.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
he will be back-- but he will have little cameo's like misty did

Suicune Fan

Wow! I'm amazed how this thread is peacefully running for so long. I can't imagine what would have happened to this thread had it been "Misty" in place of "Brock" in the title of this thread.

Anyways on topic, I think they've done more than enough with Brock. His character got totally bland in Sinnoh. At least in hoenn he and Max had some sort of chemistry. But, in DP this poor character was horribly left out in the sidelines and ignored.

He doesn't deserve more torture, he better stay out of the main cast forever. Occasional cameos are always appreciated though. He could always appear for a couple of Pallet Town reunion episodes.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
I'd like Brock to return for like a final season along with Misty. Thè original cast for one last adventure so the franchise can come full circle. Even though he was left mostly in the shadows of DP, him flirting with every girl he set his eyes on provided comic relief, tha I'll agree on.
On the other hand there's no reason for him to return other than for the satisfaction of older fans. By the time he's written back in he'd be a fully realised doctor, so why would he be jumping from city to city? Unless of course he will do research on Pokemon and making sure all pokemon are healthy...even though that would take forever. He could also take a role that is the same as Iris's, making special remedies. That is a nice touch the writers brought into Black and White, and maybe they'll use it again.

Last edited:

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Well, I dont know about coming back, but we will see him again. There was an Episode about him and his brothers and their Gym in Japan. I can also see him showing up to watch / cheer on Ash in the Unova League

JRB24

i have a feeling he'll be back next season

Status
Not open for further replies.