• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock ever come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeaboo

true japanese
I don't really watch the anime, but it kind of upset me when I found out that Brock had been replaced. Do you think he'll ever come back? ;095;

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Knowing TPCi and the writers really anything is possible right about now. I find that most people had no care for him returning in Diamond and Pearl though.

Anything is possible.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Nope. He has no reason to come back as a member of the permanent crew, if that's what you mean.
It's possible he'll make a few appearances in a small handful of episodes during BW, but don't expect any more than that.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
What's with fans of the Pokemon anime always complaining about long-time characters, that have been losing their flavor, finally leaving the show? Takeshi has suffered from much character derailment during this past decade and was due for departure ages ago. He's no longer interesting nor relevant.

Other parts of the Pokemon fandom are used to new protagonists being introduced and old ones leaving every generation. There's no reason why you guys shouldn't get used to it too.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I think it kind of depends on how Dent fairs throughout the series. No doubt if Dent becomes unpopular closer to the end, Brock could come back. Or even We could start getting a new male companion every saga.

It's very unlikely.. a few appearances throughout the series as a whole (I don't mean just the Unova saga, I mean any saga to come) but anything could happen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Cilan is already a very popular character, which means Brock has no chance. Its very similar to how when May replaced Misty, and May's popularity is what led to the writers abandoning Misty.

WIZkid1696

Sarcasm is fun!
i don't miss Brock to much, although I do like him better than Cilan so far.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Brock's gone the same way as Misty, he won't be back this time, unless he shows up for a reunion if the show ever has a final conclusion.

To be honest, Brock needed to go, he was wayyy past his time of becoming cliche. At the same time, I'll miss him, he's been with us since the very beginning.

Goodbye Brock.
ಥ_ಥ​

Janovy

Banned
He will, he always find his way. o_o

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Brock is a popular character in Japan. If the Japanese want him back, then the writers will put him back. Other then that, no he will not return. It is all up to the Japanese fans and creators.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
I would love for Brock to come back. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

Cilan just seems really boring to me.

flygonabsol99

Well, he found a job as a doctor, which makes me think he won't come back, exept for a few appearences here and there.If this is like johto, he will come back, but as I said, very unlikely.

Wired

... In America!
please, keep hem away...

pokemon fan 132

I have to agree with others,Brock at this point doesnt have much chance to become main character in show again.When you think about it he was only character which was given second chance by writers becoming main after he was dumped after Orange Islands.
In theory writers could bring him back to become major part of show again like they did once already but i wouldnt hold my breath on it,although if by any chance this happens i could see fanbase being shaked up alot,lol.

Nope. He has no reason to come back as a member of the permanent crew, if that's what you mean.

To be fair if writers wanted they could create reason to have him join group again.For example his goal is to become doctor,well if he decides to become travelling doctor he could conveniently join Ash on his journey travelling through same region to learn about new things.

When he returned after Orange Islands writers didnt had problems with coming up with excuse behind his reunion.

What's with fans of the Pokemon anime always complaining about long-time characters, that have been losing their flavor, finally leaving the show? Takeshi has suffered from much character derailment during this past decade and was due for departure ages ago. He's no longer interesting nor relevant.

Thats matter of opinion in reality.I met many people who still find Brock entertaining eing sads to see him go.

When he wasnt neglected he got some great development and screentime as character even in DP.It just happens writers sadly never gave to him much attention.

Other parts of the Pokemon fandom are used to new protagonists being introduced and old ones leaving every generation. There's no reason why you guys shouldn't get used to it too.

Not always,at least not in Misty case.To this day people demand for her to return as main in show again.Considering how she never got proper closure never being used toi fill potential as character havbing unexplored things in story i dont blame them.

Cilan is already a very popular character, which means Brock has no chance. Its very similar to how when May replaced Misty, and May's popularity is what led to the writers abandoning Misty.

Yeah keep dreaming,.Mays popularity had nothing to do with writers not bringing Misty back.Just like Dawns popularity had nothing to do with May not coming back.Judging by interview with ex pokemon director mr.Hidaka and Takeshi Shudo blogs writers simply rather want to use new characters instead of reusing older ones to develop them more no matter what benefits this could bring.Its formula of this show which changed not giving much chance for somene from past to become major character again.

For record Misty and May are equally popular having equally big fanbases.If you dont believe it do little research around internet to wind away your doubts.

Last edited:

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
Its certain he will have a comeo one day

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The only reason why they wrote Takeshi out during the Orange Islands was that they thought he looked offensive to foreigners rather than becoming stale (he was a GREAT character during the original Kanto saga). Writing out Kasumi, Haruka, Masato, and Hikari were completely different matters all together.

If the writers didn't give Takeshi much attention, don't you think that's a sign that they didn't know the hell they wanted to do with him on the show? Seriously. Kasumi got proper closure by finally taking up her post as the official Gym Leader of Hanada City (and having a whole episode centered around her departure), be grateful that the same thing happened to Takeshi in regards to becoming a Pokemon Doctor without being written off without any explanation like Rocket-dan's old personalities. People complain about the show becoming crap because their favorite characters get written off. Even though they fail to realize that the writing was turning into crap in the first place. How can you people watch in content when your favorite characters are turning into useless background props as they rot on-screen? Jesus christ, I liked them as much as their avid fans, but come on. Don't torture them like that.

Also, "other parts of the fandom" as in other parts of the fandom besides the anime. The games regularly get reset with a new set of characters every generation and the Special manga regularly switches over to a new bunch of main characters every generation, but no one ever bitches about that. No one whines about not being able to play as Red anymore, despite the fact that every straight male and female jacked off to his presence the moment HGSS came out (I'm purely speaking for the Japanese fandom in this case, though...). They do moan about the Pokemon though, but that's a different matter all together.

quilava99

Derpity herp a derp
Gary came back while Ash was in Sinnoh, so I'm sure that Brock will come back when Ash is in Unova.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
If by "come back" you mean "cameos" and insignificant one-episode roles, then yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.