• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock get a rival for pokemon breeding?

You know there's probably a very good, and disturbing reason, Brock never does anything. Trainers demand that their pokemon practice and improve their moves and stats. Coordinator's demand their pokemon to use moves in a graceful or creative fashion while still maintaining strength. What would a breeder do? Luckily I'm vulgar creative enough to create a scenerio.

Brock: Have sex with that Happiny Croagunk!
Croagunk: -Whimpers- But..why?
Brock: I'm going to be the worlds best Pokemon Breeder. Believe it! (Yes, Naruto reference...)

Well you can imagine where it'd go from there. And little kids don't want to see frog on pink blob intercourse.
exactly, and what about a pokemon giving birth? oh thats a hot image right?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Does Mimie count? jk

I think a rival for Brock would be nice...it'd add something to the show.
Why Reggie? Why? Why did you have to be so nice? (just joking of course! :p)

~Upsidedown 403~

You know, Brock should compete with someone to open a daycare center...that would be interesting.

Heracross

Custom User Title
If you ask me, a much more interesting rival for Takeshi would have little or nothing to do with pokémon at all. Like others have said, he isn't especially the competitive type when it comes to that, and his career path is always treated vaguely even in the few instances that it has been addressed at all. His true passion of course, as has been made painfully clear over the years, is women.

Taking poison jabs to the gut was a pretty amusing take on the ancient running gag, but since it's a rival we're talking about, why not throw in some guy to compete for some of those young ladies instead (handsome pretty boy, hardass biker, you name the stereotype). If it came to that, rather than being put down by another girl, a little boy, or a pokémon, perhaps the flames of passion (and humor) would be kindled anew within our perpetually lovestruck fellow. It's not something I'd really expect to happen, but an interesting thought nonetheless - some of the most hilarious episodes ever have been centered on romance.

Charmbracelet

Looking In
IMO Brock needs a better goal, he has yet to breed Pokemon. He has only received an egg. It would be very interesting for him to do contests IMO, or even become a researcher like Prof Oak.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
IMO Brock needs a better goal, he has yet to breed Pokemon. He has only received an egg. It would be very interesting for him to do contests IMO, or even become a researcher like Prof Oak.

Well, in the show, a breeder is more than just breeding pokemon. Its more of taking care of them like knowing what types of food they eat and keeping them in shape (like grooming). Brock has proven that with his pokemon on every aspect and with Ash's pokemon when it came to food. I dont know how much more he could learn in his goal unless he leaves which I dont see happening no time soon.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Wasn't Holly a breeder?

pocketari

GETTO daze!
Well, in the show, a breeder is more than just breeding pokemon. Its more of taking care of them like knowing what types of food they eat and keeping them in shape (like grooming). Brock has proven that with his pokemon on every aspect and with Ash's pokemon when it came to food. I dont know how much more he could learn in his goal unless he leaves which I dont see happening no time soon.

I think that's a really good point because the anime seems to emphasize pokemon breeding as a "taking good care of pokemon" aspect the most (ie. Crobat, grooming Onix/Geodude). And if you look at some of the newborn pokemon that travel with Satoshi and party, Takeshi does look after them when their respective owners aren't. Hell, I remember Takeshi holding on to Pikachu a lot while Satoshi was going around doing certain battles/competitions. I'd say he's doing a fine job of certain aspects of breeding.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I highly doubt it.I can`t picture that.

ludowiq

EliBlasFrozDyro
A rival for Brock? maybe James, because he has no purpose. i think he can be a good breeder, he likes to take care of his pokemon, we have seen it many times.
I agree (sorry 4 spelling), James would be a good breeder and a perfect "rival" 4 Brock

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
I don't know about Brock having a rival, but I'd like SOMETHING new to happen with him. Of course I'd like something new to happen at all in the anime. I don't really watch it anymore because I feel like I'm watching the episodes on repeat now. It's all been done before. The pokemon anime has become a sort of "Simpsons to itself." Here's hoping, by some miracle, the corporation that holds the rights to the pokemon anime will go bankrupt and sell the rights to another anime corporation that will take pokemon into a slightly more mature light. Will that actually ever happen? Well I can dream can I?

Anyway, I went slight off topic. ^^;

Now that I think about it, the thought of Brock's breeding career taking a further role (at least slightly) in the anime is not really that far-fetched. But it all has to do with what happens in the generation/s to come. Who knows? Maybe they'll incorporate a new game mechanic for breeding in the next gen. Contests ONLY open to pokemon that have been bred by the player. Doesn't necessarily have to be a battling contest. It could just be based off IVs and EVs or something. Maybe it could be the new, fun way to be able to tell if you've finally bred that awesome Salamence with perfect 31/31 in attack and speed. THEN I could see Brock stumbling on a mountain of cash, opening up a breeding center in which he operates from his journeys with Ash and Dawn.

He could be over a computer screen, telling his lackeys at the breeding center what to do. He could have the offspring constantly wired back and forth to him when he reaches a pokemon center. Hell it could even develop into a new running gag with him. Every time Team Rocket attacks, he'll call out a new pokemon almost every time. *Insert corny Ash line about how he never knows who he'll call out next*

Can't deny that it would inject a highly needed surprise element into the played out pokemon anime. Again, I can dream. ;)

Edit: Ahh, my post got all mixed up!

Last edited:

~Upsidedown 403~

Or, since this is another sign of why Brock is so totally ignored, then what is his purpose in the anime? You all say "taking care of others' pokemon" crap, but other than that...he has no goal...Brock isn't interesting to watch...He doesn't do anything interesting...He doesn't take care of their pokemon like that wonderfully...I mean....let's just get rid of him...let the japanese kids get over his departure...they'll get over him...

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I don't see Brock getting a rival. He's not very competitive anymore and serves well as a comic relief/supporting character.