• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Brock go out with a bang or a whimper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshub

Banned
Assuming we are in the final episodes of Brock as a cast member, how do you think his ending/departure will go like?

So much focus is being put on Ash and the League now. I think even Conway had more interaction with Ash and Dawn in the recent episodes (not counting the short battle with Sudowoodo).

It is likely there will only be a single goodbye episode as before. But for the previous saga there was at least some time to set up the departure because the League was not in the way.

The problem for Brock is Dawn, because she will get much more focus regardless of her outcome.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well since the owners of Pokemon don't care about Brock these days probaly a whimper, hey'll likely discover his quest while at the league and in the same episode of Dawn's good-bye be all well Ash guess this is it for me too. Sad to say, there isn't enough time for both characters to get a good good-bye. I at least want flashbacks, maybe between the entire group or some thing.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
As a fan of pokemon since the beginning, i will be SEVERELY disappointed is he goes out with a whimper, and a bit disappointed if he leaves at all.

Grei

not the color
Thinking on his treatment during the DP saga as a whole, I would guess it's only a whimper.

No banging for Brock!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Thinking on his treatment during the DP saga as a whole, I would guess it's only a whimper.

No banging for Brock!

Didn't he have like 5 episodes in the first season then they forgot about him?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Of course Brocko will leave the show with a bang.

...The bang from a gunshot that is.

RickHoenn

Banned
I hope Dawn & Him get one episode like the one in Johto with Misty & Brock.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I hope Dawn & Him get one episode like the one in Johto with Misty & Brock.

Sadly, it seems we'll never get awesome side-character episodes like that again.

Brock will go out with a whimper, which will suit him. It'll just be another "Well I'm on my way home" scenario. That said, he could still come back. He wasn't featured in any of the promotional material for D/P (instead they used Paul) so who knows.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I can't believe people don't feel the same nostalgia for Brock as I do.. To me, Brock has the same iconic value as Ash, Pikachu, Meowth, Jessie, James and Misty to a lesser extent.

If he goes off with a whimper I'd be sad to say the least. The set off from after the Johto era was monumental. Nothing could top that emotion. The setting sun was such a big metaphor for their bond at that moment and Misty's song made me cry to this day... even in Dutch!

So yeah, while I'm wanting something big, it will never top that scene. But for godsake, let it be better then Ambipom's careerswitch.

Teshub

Banned
maybe my memory is a little foggy, but all i remember of the johto departure is a fork in the road, all of them going their separate ways. and then getting teary eyed. especially Ash crying like a little weenie. was emotional but did not seem so big a goodbye.

PePer

I expect Brock to go out with a bang, he's Ash closest friend of all characters from main cast and this is not a opinion. I believe writers give him a proper send off, aka he will depart after Dawn, due to being like old bro to Ash.

RickHoenn

Banned
Sadly, it seems we'll never get awesome side-character episodes like that again.

Brock will go out with a whimper, which will suit him. It'll just be another "Well I'm on my way home" scenario. That said, he could still come back. He wasn't featured in any of the promotional material for D/P (instead they used Paul) so who knows.

I know right? :( but I'm still hoping he stays for Isshu, at least for me, he's important...

rocky505

He'll go out with a bang along with a bullet hole through his head xD

Noheart

The Abysswalker
A whimper. Like Tracey did.

RickHoenn

Banned
I can't believe people don't feel the same nostalgia for Brock as I do.. To me, Brock has the same iconic value as Ash, Pikachu, Meowth, Jessie, James and Misty to a lesser extent.

If he goes off with a whimper I'd be sad to say the least. The set off from after the Johto era was monumental. Nothing could top that emotion. The setting sun was such a big metaphor for their bond at that moment and Misty's song made me cry to this day... even in Dutch!

So yeah, while I'm wanting something big, it will never top that scene. But for godsake, let it be better then Ambipom's careerswitch.

YEAH! I feel nostalgic too! To me Ash & Brock are equally important and If he leaves I'm starting to doubt I'll be watching Best Wishes, it's not gonna be the same. :(

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
maybe my memory is a little foggy, but all i remember of the johto departure is a fork in the road, all of them going their separate ways. and then getting teary eyed. especially Ash crying like a little weenie. was emotional but did not seem so big a goodbye.

That's because you're an avid Pearlshipper. It's widely recognized that Misty when she left declared her true feelings towards Ash: 'Ash Ketchum, now I know how you truly feel about me'.

Also Misty was heartbroken when she found out that she had to go to Cerulean to keep the Gym running. And when she had that threeway battle together with Ash and Brock to remember her that they will be best friends for ever. Then Misty's song, which examplifies how much she cared for the group: 'What makes me misty most of all, is that I can't see you at all'. That combined with the lines that speak about her travels with all of them really said a lot of this group. Then her telling Ash to always do his best and to not forget his morning ritual, and telling Brock not to get to sidetracked by girls in a cool and collected voice... sigh.. Then there's the bicycle thing that kinda always was the thing that supposedly was the reason why Misty stayed with Ash. But even when she got her bike, she rather wanted to stay with Ash eventhough there wasn't an issue anymore, aside from being best friends. I'm not even a shipper, just so you know.

Also from Brock's side. Brock received an email prior to this parting that he had to do some business in Pewter, but he didn't say it until the last moment, because he didn't want to leave at all. Misty then says that she understands because she doesn't want to leave as well. This is the kind of friendship that made Ash cry. It was on a different schale then how he was friends with May.

May chose to leave on her own. Brock and Misty had to leave. That alone is a reason why this send off was so hard. I'm guessing that Dawn will live on her own volition.. since nothing will ever come close to the group being literally ripped apart like that.

May, and probably Dawn, had/have something to look forward to, but Misty and Brock at the time actually wanted to continue with Ash and favoured that scenario as evident by the conversation at the crossroad.. Three friends were cast into their own individual scenarios and two of them would probably end up sighing when they'd remember the times with Ash and how it could've been if they stayed with him, which is why Brock probably returned (discounting the writers input, but just him as a character).

That being said, please let this just be something better then Ambipom's send off.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
A whimper, probably.

Ya know, I hope they keep Takeshi's Paradise on Youtube XD

Status
Not open for further replies.