• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Chimchar be able to control Blaze before evolution?

Well as Ash and Paul are going to have a full course battle some people here are saying that Chimchar will evolve in middle of battle while some are saying that it will evolve before the battle maybe in dp130. So main thing now is BLAZE. Will it be able to control blaze before it evolves or not. Chimchar has grown into a strong pokemon and has starred in two gyms. It has defeated 6 of gym leaders pokemon in just four participation which no other sinnoh pokemon on Ash team has been able to do till now. So if it has grown so stronger than before can it control blaze now?

Last edited:

The Black Ninja

Well i would say that chimchar will control a smale part of blaze wenn it is a monferno and it will have full control over blaze when it is a infernape

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
If Chimchar does evolve into Monferno then it might control Blaze. It'll depend on its attitude and how much strength it has if it becomes into Monferno. Right now, Chimchar has an attitude of a Pokémon that was previously abused and that fear of abuse stops it from controlling Blaze. If Chimchar evolves and forgets or at least begins to stop fearing Paul, I can see it controlling Blaze.

Torpoleon

This is a question I have asked myslef ever since I thought it should have already evolved. It might control some of it. As a Monferno, it most likely wont control all of it because well it would have even more power. By the time it is an Infernape, it should succesfully control Blaze.

kemal07

i dont think it'l be able to control blaze to be honest. Maybe Flint helps out at sunnyshore or something

.Wind.

Banned
As Chimchar? It more then likely won't. As Monferno it might but, I think a good plot device would be is if Monferno doesn't want to control it. Not really disobedience just a Monferno who oves power and loves getting in trouble.

HoennMaster

Considering it is evolving in less then two months, doubt it.

milenadrg

Hm, there's an uncoming episode of Ash Vs. Paul battle in which it's possibly going to learn to control it, or maybe, it's going to have it as Monferno and then as Monferno learns to control it and after that fully evoloves...

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
In my opinion, Chimchar has had a lot more experience that it needs to evolve. What really hinders him from doing that is the fact that he hasn't mastered Blaze yet. This could be because he hasn't been brought to the point where he actually has to use it (Ash doesn't command his other pokemon to attack it like Paul did). But luckily with the upcoming battle of Ash vs Paul, Chimchar will have to fight against a strong pokemon of Paul, which will force him to tap into Blaze's power, which in turn will allow it to evolve into Monferno (who shouldn't be having any problems using it at all).
So basically, Blaze is something Chimchar will master right before it evolves. So in a sense yeah, he will be able to control it at some point before evolution.

~AussieWonder~

Like most of the ppl here, im really hoping they'll save it for when Monferno evolves to Infernape. It's a perfect fit; Charizard disobeyed, Sceptile couldn't attack, need I say any more?!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Slowking[George];9756254 said:
In my opinion, Chimchar has had a lot more experience that it needs to evolve. What really hinders him from doing that is the fact that he hasn't mastered Blaze yet. This could be because he hasn't been brought to the point where he actually has to use it (Ash doesn't command his other pokemon to attack it like Paul did). But luckily with the upcoming battle of Ash vs Paul, Chimchar will have to fight against a strong pokemon of Paul, which will force him to tap into Blaze's power, which in turn will allow it to evolve into Monferno (who shouldn't be having any problems using it at all).
So basically, Blaze is something Chimchar will master right before it evolves. So in a sense yeah, he will be able to control it at some point before evolution.

Yes I agree with you. Ash even said Chimchar in Tears for fears, not to worry about the Blaze. So the only thing that can awaken his Blaze, is Paul!

crobatman

You know chimchar uses blaze, but why has Grotle not used its ability? We have seen Grovyle/Sceptile use it.

I think Chimchar will use it in the Paul vs. Ash match, but not full control.

Dax

Legend
It's not like his Blaze has been a constant plot in the anime. They never really cared to develop it after the last battle with Paul.=/

HoennMaster

It's only really had one episode dedicated to it, with a little bit in the Tag Team arc. Honestly, unless it controls it during the battle between Paul then there really is no way to master it before it evolves.

dman_dustin

It's not like his Blaze has been a constant plot in the anime. They never really cared to develop it after the last battle with Paul.=/

And let's not forget what blaze is, how is Chimchar supposed to master blaze when it's an ability only accessed when the Pokemon has low health. Now I hate that the writers conveniently keep forgetting that but I suppose in the anime not only is a pokemon low in health but it's up to the Pokemon as well. And even still how would Chimchar/Monferno be able to control it. Even my original idea seems off now, because Ash isn't going to weaken Chimchar to the point of activation.

It can only happen in a battle when chimmy hp gets too low. But in battle against steelix chimmy hp actually got low but still blaze wasn't activated. Either it depends on trainer or the writers are waiting for right moment.

Isis-sama

There's a possibility Chimchar may be able to learn Blaze as it currently is, but since Ash hasn't been addressing the issue I doubt it will come up as we know it is going to evolve before the movie and it doesn't seem like there will be enough time to cover it.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
I hope so. I want Monferno to master Blaze and when he evolves to Infernape I want him to lose his blaze ability again. and then Ash trys to find out how he could solve this problem.

Last edited:

.Wind.

Banned
As going back to my original idea of Monferno not wanting to master it and loving the power...
I'm changing it to that Monferno loves the power so he quickly controls it and he still loves the
power so, instead of Monferno needing to control blaze it's more of Ash learning to control Monferno
but, still Monferno doesn't disobey but, just takes his orders too far...also to avoid the whole
*Insert pokemon* runs out of pokemon center to prove itself *Insert characer* runs out side to tell
the pokemon it'll be okay.

Also I feel that this idea wouldn't copy off of Mamoswine nor Charizard, because Monferno would obey
just loves the power and when he evolves to Infernape he becomes stronger so he loves all of his power
and not just when in blaze and near the end of the bf, Ash learns to control Infernape...but, looking at
who the writers are targetting I see almost no chance of this happening *sigh*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I would hope that Chimchar's Blaze will have some kind of role during the episode he evolves in. Then, he can move along with controlling it like it's nothing.