• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Chloe become a travelling companion?

SerenaRulez

Yeah this. People keep comparing those 2 girls but it's not even the same situation because Serena was always meant to be the main Pokegirl of Kalos while Chloe is more of a side character.

Yeah it's not fair to Chloe because she is not supposed to be like Serena. Chloe isn't my favorite new character but I think that she deserves some leniency.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
The key difference between Serena and Chloe is the former was intended to be the main heroine while the later is a supporting cast. Also Serena's based in the game's main heroine.

I think a better comparasion would be Chloe with Lillie or Lana.

Yeah this. People keep comparing those 2 girls but it's not even the same situation because Serena was always meant to be the main Pokegirl of Kalos while Chloe is more of a side character.
Only thing there is that we don’t know what their long term plans with her are. They certainly have some kind of game plan with her given they have her following Ash and Go in the opening and have been giving her character development. And while they said she’s supporting cast, it’s not unprecedented in fiction for a supporting member to become a main character.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Idk if this is an unpopular opinion but they should of never made schools a thing in the anime (not Pokémon school but educational ones like Chloe’s with different subjects) because it begs the question of how come people like Ash and co gets to actively skip school and not get the basic education that most ten years olds get. I’m probably overthinking it but it’s really odd and I feel like they shouldn’t of even touched on that.

I remember the novels for the first series describing that basic education is over by the time you reach ten.

I'm assuming that Chloe is doing an equivalents of sorts to College.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Sham

The Guardian of War
I remember the novels for the first series describing that basic education is over by the time you reach ten.

Either that or Goh and Chloe are both younger than Ash but I digress.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
No.

She's ten and is now trying to get a doctorate. Not that for a side character, eh?
Well I’ll have you know Gary Oak is already a professor and he’s only 10. Take that school system.

Applecorp

Aren't you putting way too much faith in those novels? Those are from like 20 years ago and I bet that nobody who works on the show now is using them as a source for background info.

Chloe going to school just seems like the normal thing that a kid who isn't a trainer would do not a college equivalent.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think that Koharu's school is meant to represent higher education. We've seen regular schools in the past, and I think that all non-trainers are expected to stay in school. That's why I don't know if I support the idea of her dropping out of school to travel with Satoshi and Gou: it wouldn't seem like a wise decision for her to make without at least consulting her family.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't think that Koharu's school is meant to represent higher education. We've seen regular schools in the past, and I think that all non-trainers are expected to stay in school. That's why I don't know if I support the idea of her dropping out of school to travel with Satoshi and Gou: it wouldn't seem like a wise decision for her to make without at least consulting her family.
Her school accepts more than 20 students in each classroom.

Pretty sure that implies they're very well funded for higher education.

Unlike that insane Alola school with one teacher only accepting 6 students with attitude and unique designs, while a bunch of extras haven't been clarified if they have a teacher...or names.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Aren't you putting way too much faith in those novels?

I was half-joking with my comment. But let's go serious then

No.

Anyway, it's still information from an official media source so better than nothing.

Those are from like 20 years ago and I bet that nobody who works on the show now is using them as a source for background info.

I'm not betting they do but then I wouldn't bet they don't as well. As I said on another thread we don't know if they have something similar to America's series bible concept, so they could have some sort of guidelines for the characters and the world around them or they might not.

Until we get explanations in the show itself or from another official source be it books/interview/whatever, I'll keep considering what's there because what's the harm, anyway? :p

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Maybe most schools like the one Chloe attended in the Pokemon world are there for kids who wants to pursue a career/goal that doesn't involve Pokemon. Otherwise, going on a traveling journey is part of an educational program for those who pursue a career/goal that involves Pokemon.

Also from the Power Of Us movie, Risa looks too old to be 10, going to school with a lipstick? Even if it's an alternative timeline.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
What I think will happen is Koharu’ll eventually join them a couple episodes at a time, only really when it benefits her character. More than a supporting character, but less than a constant main. Koharu going to Unova to catch a Pokémon? Yes. Her tagging along because Ash wants to see something on a whim? No. They seem open about including Koharu in the future given the opening and her character development, but the writing as of now prevents her from being a traditional companion.