• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Chloe become a travelling companion?

Macromind101

It just doesn't seem right that Ash doesn't have a female travelling companion. And from what I've seen from the series so far (I've only watched the ones that are already on Netflix), it seems that the main things keeping Chloe from being a travelling companion alongside Goh are just lack of interest in Pokemon and not being too comfortable/friendly with Ash (both being characteristics that can be overcome with character growth, which happens all the time with Ash's travelling companions).

As the series goes on, do you guys think Chloe could become Ash's third travelling companion for this series? I also feel like Grookey would be a good fit for Chloe, so she could have it rather than Goh or Ash having a second starter.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I highly doubt that she'll join Satoshi and Gou as a permanent third wheel. So far she's shown no real indication that she wants to tag along with them, and I figure that if she was going to be the Kasumi/Haruka/Hikari/etc. of the cast, that would've been made apparent at the start of the saga.

Red and Blue

Maybe. We will just have to wait and see. If she opens up more and finds a goal that would give her reason enough to accompany the boys. She and Ash really need to bond more

YelST

Mitsuha Yamano Fan Account
Per Rule 5 I won't be stating the character's name outside of spoiler tags but given

my theory that Go and Journeys have events that occur at the same time

and

Gen 6 coming to Go as well as Ash having a Riolu that looks up to Korrina's Lucario

I think

Korrina will join the main cast at some point

but Chloe will temporarily join the cast to

support Ash in his Ultra/Master Rank battles when that arc rolls around

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wish but I doubt it.

SerenaRulez

I don't think so. She deserves to appear more but I think it's too late to expect her to change and travel with Ash and Goh plus I got the feeling that she doesn't like Ash that much since they don't talk very much. :(

BabaVanga

I think she may join them later in the series - opening hints at it, though not as a typical "Pokégirl" (this is Goh's role this saga) but as a "third wheel" companion.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I highly doubt. And to be honest, I prefer that way.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why would they suddenly let a character that barely appears join the main cast? Its like finding out that Mallow has a dead mother after 108 episodes and never will be spoken of again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Why would they suddenly let a character that barely appears join the main cast? Its like finding out that Mallow has a dead mother after 108 episodes and never will be spoken of again.

I don't think we can compare Mao's mother to a character like Koharu that has appeared since the beginning of the Pocket Monsters 2019 series. I don't think Koharu's odds of joining Satoshi and Gou are high, but I definitely think she's more important than Mao's mother.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Unfortunately since the start of XY the writers have been doing a “thing” to female characters and PJ is no different sadly. It’s to the point where they sometimes just completely remove the female “lead” from most episodes. It’s really sad because I find Chloe to be way more interesting than Goh but I guess we’re stuck with what we got.

RetroPokeFan

Not really seeing it happen. My guess is she'll just continue to be used as background fodder who shows up every now and then before disappearing into the void for months and months until she gets her own episodes, there's just nothing that tells me that she'll join Ash and Gou as a third companion.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
No.

Maybe later on in the series, but at the stage of character development she's in now, I don't see a reason nor motivation for her to travel with the boys. Right now, the only way I could picture her traveling with the boys is if she were forced against her will, and I wouldn't be a big fan of that.

So I'd rather wait for her to make that decision by herself, if that day ever comes.

But yeah, overall, she's not meant to be the female traveling companion that we're used to having.

DatsRight

Said dead mother supposedly reincarnated into her Shaymin though. :p

It kinda feels like the writers have lost passion for writing female characters, at least in terms of a proactive trainer arc. Lillie looked like she would subvert this, but then kinda dwindled after the first year of SM and got relegated to a similar quiet tagalong role. Journeys looks like it's cutting the formalities altogether and making the female a supporting character.