• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

• Yes

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 40 51.3%

• Total voters

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I chose, "Yes" 'cause I see no option to chose a "Maybe", I could have chosen "No" and as I'm too sure but its good to stay positive for characters you really like! :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well since BW is all about "breaking tradition," I fully expect Cilan to leave rather than stay in the main cast. I'm sure Iris will leave as well.

Janovy

Banned
I don't expect him to stay. He'll leave and so will Iris.

BlueDragonfangirl

What are the chances of Dento staying?

Do you see him staying the next series? I hope so, he needs a lot more before his arc finishes, hes gotten the less amount of screen time than any one and his goal isn't any where close than it was. What do you guys think?

Ver-mont

He's more likely than Iris to stay, since her chance of staying is zero. Unless the next region is still Best Wishes.

But I don't know, since they experimented on replacing Brock and it worked, maybe they won't take so long to replace Cilan.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
50%. I wouldn't mind him staying. As long they don't pull a Brock on him, and make him less interesting.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
"Possibly"... I say that carefully since it's a hit or miss. If the anime does what the games did, where we find out that the trio decides to split up and train on their own and close their gym. So Cilan can move on, solo, but with Ash on his journey. This would easily be done off screen though, when Cilan reappears like Brock did back in the Advance saga.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I'd rather have Cilan help professor Juniper and crop up from time to time like Tracey does, he's funny in small doses but having constant repetitive gags from him is getting obnoxious, (this is coming from someone who used to really enjoy him.)

Cilan staying would add stability to the main cast and Iris would have two friends to visit next gen instead of just Ash. Cilan also hasn't captured any pokemon recently, which could mean he's gonna catch more in the next region.

I think he will stay, or at least he should since replacing male sidekicks every gen is completely unnecessary. Brock wore out his welcome when he stayed for 13 years. That's not the case with Cilan which means he can afford to stay for at least one more gen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think he will stay, or at least he should since replacing male sidekicks every gen is completely unnecessary. Brock wore out his welcome when he stayed for 13 years. That's not the case with Cilan which means he can afford to stay for at least one more gen.

I don't see why replacing the male every gen is any different than the female. You can say even Max technically replaced Brock during AG even if he was still there at the time.

I don't see why replacing the male every gen is any different than the female. You can say even Max technically replaced Brock during AG even if he was still there at the time.

For stability and continuity purposes, it's better to keep cilan than bringing in two more new characters. Cilan has been here for almost 3 years and he hasn't done much other than cook and bring knowledge. There's no reason why he can't stay.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For stability and continuity purposes, it's better to keep cilan than bringing in two more new characters. Cilan has been here for almost 3 years and he hasn't done much other than cook and bring knowledge. There's no reason why he can't stay.

I don't think it matters at this point when most main characters, rivals and pokemon are always dropped with each saga transition.

Every single new character who was introduced during DP was dropped from the series for example.

I don't think it matters at this point when most main characters, rivals and pokemon are always dropped with each saga transition.

Every single new character who was introduced during DP was dropped from the series for example.

But DP was a 4 year series unlike BW. I don't see the point in bringing in another male sidekick who can cook and bring knowledge, and then he would leave when his gen is up, leaving us with a bunch of underdeveloped male sidekicks.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But DP was a 4 year series unlike BW. I don't see the point in bringing in another male sidekick who can cook and bring knowledge, and then he would leave when his gen is up, leaving us with a bunch of underdeveloped male sidekicks.

He could be more like Tracey then, as in not so much as a cook but still fill a similar type of role.

Overall though you're right. The writers have dug themselves into a rut. Either they go back to the female co-star route of AG and DP or bring in another token female Gym leader and male companion. Its why they should just wrap up Ash's story and go with a real reboot next gen.