• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott get new forms?

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Just like the title says, do you think these three starters will get a special form like a Mega Evolution or an Ash-Greninja like form?

I believe they will.

Red and Blue

Maybe there could be "Feudal" variants for certain Pokemon, including the starters.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe there could be "Feudal" variants for certain Pokemon, including the starters.
Meiji period. it is seem base off that time period in the Japanese history

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Whatever the form is it better look nice, if they make Typhlosion ugly I will be so mad lol. No Mega Heracross situation please.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Whatever the form is it better look nice, if they make Typhlosion ugly I will be so mad lol. No Mega Heracross situation please.
I believe that Typhlosion is supposed to signify the Wrestling aspect in the Japanese culture, like Samurott signifies Samurai and Decidueye signifies Archers (though would have preferred Sceptile since it could signify Ninja's, but then again it already has a alternate form in Mega Sceptile, while Greninja already has Ash-Greninja).

So, if the Starters do end up getting any Alternate form or a Mega, then in the case of Typhlosion it would probably signify that Wrestling aspect.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I could foresee typing changes for the starters (I think this is a good opportunity to retcon the Unova/Johto trio's typing) but actual forms? Likely not. Mega evolution is the only one that could drastically change either the typings or the design elements of the starters to be more in line with one another, but that's also dead in the water.

The hiccup for it would be that Samurott and Decidueye already fit the motif in terms of their physical design. Typhlosion fits by name (the Japanese name for Typhlosion relates to Shogunates iirc) and they are both a trio so they'd likely have to edit all 3. A design or typing change isn't really warranted for Decidueye, a design change isn't warranted for Samurott, and Typhlosion lags behind the rest in both design and typing relating to the era.

ShadowForce720

I could foresee typing changes for the starters (I think this is a good opportunity to retcon the Unova/Johto trio's typing) but actual forms? Likely not. Mega evolution is the only one that could drastically change either the typings or the design elements of the starters to be more in line with one another, but that's also dead in the water.

The hiccup for it would be that Samurott and Decidueye already fit the motif in terms of their physical design. Typhlosion fits by name (the Japanese name for Typhlosion relates to Shogunates iirc) and they are both a trio so they'd likely have to edit all 3. A design or typing change isn't really warranted for Decidueye, a design change isn't warranted for Samurott, and Typhlosion lags behind the rest in both design and typing relating to the era.
The idea that Rowlet, Oshawott, and Cyndaquil could get new forms or evolutions to their evolution line isn’t a Farfetch’d idea.

We really don’t know that much about Pokémon Legends Arceus, so we don’t really have any way of knowing what it would or would not do.

I mean keep in mind that before the DLC came out for Sword & Shield the idea of legendary Pokémon getting regional forms or there being completely new Regis introduced was likely perceived as unlikely.

I mean heck if you look at how the games have been recently when it comes to Pokémon especially in recent years they’ve been doing things that some were absolutely sure were unlikely or never going to happen.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that Rowlet’s, Cyndaquil’s, and Oshawott’s final evolutions will get new forms or the lines will get new evolutions.

However let’s be honest almost no ones was really expecting Pokémon Legends Arceus to be a actual thing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t see it happening tbh but anything that’s not a regional form could happen. I’d prefer if they didn’t get a new form though

Ignition

Why not? Ash-Greninja was a new form that had minor changes to the original design but it came with major stat buffs.
Not a fan of the 3 and it’s not fair to their counterparts. Ash-Greninja is exactly why I don’t want that to happen despite liking the concept and design; it was already good and got an even better form while Delphox & Chesnaught got nothing. Much rather they stick with their base forms unless their respective counterparts are available in the game.

DanZamVA

Personally, I don't think they will. There is a clear theme that they are sticking with, and them getting new forms wouldn't really make sense imo. Not only that, but I think it's in poor taste for the other games counterparts. Rowlet would get something new, leaving the 2 from his gen being shunned, same with Cyndaquil and Oshawatt. Blaziken got a mega evolution before his generation, and if I am remembering correctly even that upset a few people because the rest of his starters got left out. It was the same case for Greninja, and while I get that the other Pokemon from their generation won't probably be in it, on the off chance we can transfer or anything like that or that those Pokemon are in, I think it's just giving more favoritism to early on starters.

I'm fine with starters receiving unique stuff, but I'm only fine with it in regards to it if all 3 receive it, because I don't think it's fair if a starter gets special treatment over the others. I was a Charizard fan for instance, but I think it was pretty crummy that he for instant got 2 mega evolutions leaving Blastoise and Venasaur out. The starters are supposed to be equal and I think giving new forms to one in a generation or giving one something new out of the others, makes one a far more viable pick than others.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I can see them getting regional forms maybe even their middle stages too but that's all I"m expect unless Megas or Dynamax are in LA too.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Regional forms are created when a Pokemon adapts to a different climate than what it's used to over a long period of time, so it doesn't make sense for the Starters to have them, especially since it was stated they came from different regions.

ShadowForce720

Regional forms are created when a Pokemon adapts to a different climate than what it's used to over a long period of time, so it doesn't make sense for the Starters to have them, especially since it was stated they came from different regions.
Some people said the exact same thing about the idea of legendary Pokémon getting Regional forms and yet that didn’t prevent Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres from getting regional variants.

While we may not normally see starers in the wild in every game starters in more recent games there have been more cases of being able to find past region starters in the wild, so starters being able to get regional forms isn’t a Farfetch’d idea.

Sure Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott could remain unchanged and not receive any thing special in Pokémon Legends Arceus.

However it can’t be denied that they would have an incentive to give Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott something special since they are the starters for Pokémon Legends Arceus, whether that be new forms, evolutions, or something else is still on the table.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A question is whether other Johto, Unova and Alola Starters are in the game and if So if all could have unique forms. It would be nice to get a quadropede evo for Litten and Tepig, a more małe-looking for Chikorita and Popplio. Snivy can get a bipedal final form while Totodile (even though Feraligatr is already perfect) can get a quadropede form as the only quadropede croc we have is Sandile So something big would be better.

In short, starter evos moving more to monster like as opposed to recent human-like.

OwensJB

Eh I don't think it'll happen but it'd be really tight if they did get new forms as long as the main games let you somehow acquire those same new forms too. I wouldn't want them to only be available in this game.

Ignition

Some people said the exact same thing about the idea of legendary Pokémon getting Regional forms and yet that didn’t prevent Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres from getting regional variants.

While we may not normally see starers in the wild in every game starters in more recent games there have been more cases of being able to find past region starters in the wild, so starters being able to get regional forms isn’t a Farfetch’d idea.

Sure Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott could remain unchanged and not receive any thing special in Pokémon Legends Arceus.

However it can’t be denied that they would have an incentive to give Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott something special since they are the starters for Pokémon Legends Arceus, whether that be new forms, evolutions, or something else is still on the table.
Difference is that the Galarian birds adapted over a period of time whereas the starters are being brought over in present day. They’re not writing off the possibility because they’re starters but because they were recently introduced to Sinnoh.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Difference is that the Galarian birds adapted over a period of time whereas the starters are being brought over in present day. They’re not writing off the possibility because they’re starters but because they were recently introduced recently to Sinnoh.
Yes, normally that is how it works, but they could easily come with an explanation as to why the Legend starters got new forms or evolutions, if they were to receive them.

Ignition

Yes, normally that is how it works, but they could easily come with an explanation as to why the Legend starters got new forms or evolutions, if they were to receive them.
I’m specifically talking about regional forms but yes that is true