• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott get new forms?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not particularly interested in seeing those Pokemon receive new forms in this game, especially since none of them are Gen IV Pokemon or related to Shinou in general. However, I suppose that them receiving new forms would help to make this side game seem more appealing.

ShadowForce720

I'm not particularly interested in seeing those Pokemon receive new forms in this game, especially since none of them are Gen IV Pokemon or related to Shinou in general. However, I suppose that them receiving new forms would help to make this side game seem more appealing.
Just pointing this out but Pokémon Legends: Arceus isn’t a side game/spin-off, it is actually a main series game.

Basically when it comes to the main series games for gen 8 it goes like this: Sword & Shield(+ Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra DLC) —-> Brilliant Diamond & Shinning Pearl—->Legends: Arceus

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I believe they will... Though I feel they might introduce a similar mechanic to Dynamax which would be exclusive to Ancient Sinnoh... At most, I hope it would be just a Bond Phenomenon... Since there's at least 1 starter from other Generations outside the ones belonging to those 3 which has a gimmick transformation...

Gen. 1 and 3 has Mega Evolution
Gen. 1 and 8 has Gigantamax
Gen. 6 has Greninja's Bond Phenomenon
Gen. 4, I strongly believe the starters gets a similar mechanic to Mega Evolution in BDSP

So that leaves Gen. 2, 5 and 7 without one...

Aetius

I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible, but I can't see it happening either
I think it's more likely to have new regional forms in the games dedicated to a new region, rather than those reserved to a remake
That's how I see it at least

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm 50/50 about it. While I would be happy to see brand new forms for these three Pokemon, their final evolutions are already pretty good ad is, and I personally would rather swing with Typhlosion-Johto than a theoretical Typhlosion-Sinnoh/ "Ancient" form, cause I haven't been able to use Typhlosion in a main game in a long time.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I personally would like to see armored-forms of these and other Pokemon. It would play to their defense stats and make for some interesting aesthetics. Also, some of the anime movies depicted olden times having Pokemon with Armor.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I personally would like to see armored-forms of these and other Pokemon. It would play to their defense stats and make for some interesting aesthetics. Also, some of the anime movies depicted olden times having Pokemon with Armor.
Oooh, remember when the Sword and Shield rumor mill hyped up "Armor Evolution"? Maybe the leak was for this game after all! ;)

Seriously though, this is a cool idea and I'm rather surprised they haven't done it sooner.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I personally hope not. It would be rather unfair to their counterparts for where they come from. I despise Ash Greninja for doing something similar (and I don't like it as a concept either), and I wouldn't want that to happen again. I'd rather see all of the ones in a set get something as opposed to just one.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
If Typhlosion gets an Armor form, Meganium and Feraligatr should get one as well if they’re even in the game to begin with.

Jeppo

I don't really trust them coming up with a better design for Typh, as it looks amazing, so I'd rather they just focus on better animations and such.

Psajdak

Personally, I don't think they will. There is a clear theme that they are sticking with, and them getting new forms wouldn't really make sense imo. Not only that, but I think it's in poor taste for the other games counterparts. Rowlet would get something new, leaving the 2 from his gen being shunned, same with Cyndaquil and Oshawatt. Blaziken got a mega evolution before his generation, and if I am remembering correctly even that upset a few people because the rest of his starters got left out. It was the same case for Greninja, and while I get that the other Pokemon from their generation won't probably be in it, on the off chance we can transfer or anything like that or that those Pokemon are in, I think it's just giving more favoritism to early on starters.

I'm fine with starters receiving unique stuff, but I'm only fine with it in regards to it if all 3 receive it, because I don't think it's fair if a starter gets special treatment over the others. I was a Charizard fan for instance, but I think it was pretty crummy that he for instant got 2 mega evolutions leaving Blastoise and Venasaur out. The starters are supposed to be equal and I think giving new forms to one in a generation or giving one something new out of the others, makes one a far more viable pick than others.
They can do whatever they want.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I don't think so. Hisuian forms would infer that they are native to the region, but we know the Professor brought those over with him. I DO, however, think they'll get some kind of power up of some kind, or a special move perhaps.

ShadowForce720

I don't think so. Hisuian forms would infer that they are native to the region, but we know the Professor brought those over with him. I DO, however, think they'll get some kind of power up of some kind, or a special move perhaps.
They could just get new evolutions. Considering that we haven’t seen gameplay of their evolutions yet and we know other Pokémon are getting new region variants or getting new evolutions, it wouldn’t be that surprising if to add further hype to the game if they gave the legend starters new final evolutions to further tie them together as a trio.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Predictions for Pokémon Home compatibility between BDSP and Pokémon Legends: Arceus

No transferring new pokémon from PLA to BDSP (Wyrdeer, Hisuian Braviary, Hisuian Growlithe, etc.)
As long as the pokemon can be found in both PLA and BDSP, transferring freely between all three games is allowed.

TwilightBlade

Well it's possible although the fact that the latest game reveal didn't showcase new forms for the starter Pokemon kind of implies that maybe we're not getting them unless Nintendo is purposely keeping them a secret for now.

Red and Blue

Well it's possible although the fact that the latest game reveal didn't showcase new forms for the starter Pokemon kind of implies that maybe we're not getting them unless Nintendo is purposely keeping them a secret for now.
I could totally see Hisuian forms or new evolutions for the starters being a secret until release. They did that with the Galarian starters

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think we’ll get new evolutions of them. I think the professor brings them to the region and as they go on an adventure with the player, they begin to adapt to their surroundings which brings on their evolution into new forms.

Nave

I don't think they will. Especially since Decidueye was just introduced a generation ago. Decidueye has one of my favourite designs, so I hope it stays the same.