• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will every Pokemon have an evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
If all Pokemon do it the game will git boring

Liongirl

Vintage
I hope they don't. For some reason when a pokemon has an evolution, I feel obligated to make them the last of the line. For example, keeping a meowth a meowth instead of evolving it into a persian just seems weird to me. I don't like that. I like that there are some pokemon I can just keep the way they are.

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
i doubt EVERY pokemon will get evolutions, but maybe most of them, but instead of evolutions and pre-evolutions, maybe theyll get "mid-evolution" like a middle form between... lets say omnyte and omastar? who knows, maybe thats the new evolution in teh next game?

Faerie

MONS
Personally, I hope that every pokemon doesn't end up with an evolution. Sometimes it's nice to go back and add something on to an old pokemon that was really popular by giving it an evolution, but some are just better by themselves, in my opinion. The problem with some pokemon is they'd end up getting overpowered if they had an evolution added on.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Torkoal evo would be teh pwnzorz.

A Shuckle evo is DESPERATELY needed. Sure, it has great Defense, but their are stats that it... well, it sucks in.

Personally, I'd love a little starshaped Solrock&Lunatone preev.

PDL

disenchanted
A Shuckle evo is DESPERATELY needed. Sure, it has great Defense, but their are stats that it... well, it sucks in.

It's not going to get an evolution. Period.

It's base stat total is 505, that's the same as Machamp, Honchkrow, Ninetales and Roserade.

It's collection of extremes for stats is the very point of it's gimmick. It has the best defenses in the whole damn game, but it's other stats are extremely low (which if you put Power Trick and Trick Room into play, it would make Shuckle literally unstoppable. the resulting damage will be in the millions.)

So please learn more about the metagame before making stupid statements like that.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
I like how some pokemon don't evolve. I can't really see evolutions of Zangoose or Seviper. I think that by now, any Pokemon not in the 4th genaration is going to ever get an evolution.(And Magnozone and others that have already evolved twice are not going to evolve again)

Ammako

I think that it's better with Pokémon that don't evolve because most of them really don't need an evolution.

And also, I don't think that legendaries will get evolutions. But maybe that if you had, for example, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf in your team then go to a specific place and they "fuse" together to form the last Pokémon of the "trio", it might be fun, but we'll loose the legendary trio in the process... And also I don't think that the developers would be very creative into making those Pokémon.

Ammako

I think that it's better with Pokémon that don't evolve because most of them really don't need an evolution.

And also, I don't think that legendaries will get evolutions. But maybe that if you had, for example, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf in your team then go to a specific place and they "fuse" together to form the last Pokémon of the "trio", it might be fun, but we'll loose the legendary trio in the process... And also I don't think that the developers would be very creative into making those Pokémon.

@PDL: .....I didn't think 'bout that. Guess I'm not as smart as I think I am. -_-"

@Yellow Aura: ? Who said Magnezone would evolve?

@PDL: .....I didn't think 'bout that. Guess I'm not as smart as I think I am. -_-"

@Yellow Aura: ? Who said Magnezone would evolve?

Missingno.Fan

I don't think that every Pokemon needs to evolve, but some such as Jynx I can easily see happening. Some non-legendary Pokemon such as Unown and Ditto seem too unique to evolve

Pankibi

Saint Truth
I think it'd be cool if they introduced mid-evolutions.

Like, for instance, Growlithe and Arcanine. (I'm only using them because there's only two in the chain, and they're the first to come to mind.)

So, Growlithe would evolve into another pokemon somehow, likely with an item, then it can learn moves exclusive to this mid-pokemon before you hit it with a firestone and BAM! Arcanine with new, awesome moves.

That's just one way I could think to use it.

(which if you put Power Trick and Trick Room into play, it would make Shuckle literally unstoppable. the resulting damage will be in the millions.)
Actually, with Power trick shuckle's attack isn't muck better than an Infernape with a Swords Dance boost.

Wobba_Wobbuffet

I <3 Shaymin
I hope that not every Pokemon has a pre/evolution because some prevolutions are jut there to be cute! (Like Pichu or Igglybuff) Also Legendries like Darkrai or Suicune don't need pre/evolutions because they're awsome as they are!

And I have a question. If Mewtwo was made from Mew's DNA then isn't is an evolution of Mew?

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hell no for legendary evos or pre evos or split evos or any evos!!! lol

nd whoever said a star shaped solrock/lunatone evo is a great idea i love it lol

Giusti

You know, it is almost impossible for fossil Pokémon to have their line changed. Or else, they would not create new sets of fossils each generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.